EXPOSED: Komen VP Targeted Planned Parenthood

Does the federal government help fund PP?

Does PP perform abortions?

If the answers to both of these are "yes", then I am right and you are wrong.

Only in your black and white world... a world devoid of variables. A world where A+B always equals C.

Does PP use Federal funds in the performance of abortions? No... they don't. They diligently keep their abortion clinics separate from the other services they provide. What you want to do is(figuratively speaking) throw the baby out with the bath water. 97% of what Planned Parenthood does has NOTHING to do with abortions and actually saves lives everyday. All you want to focus on is the 3% of what they do that you don't agree with.

Can you provide evidence that PP does not use any federal dollars to fund abortions?

Fact is PP has admitted that federal funds are not held in a separate account, therefore there is no way that you or anyone can say with any degree of certainty that federal dollars are not used in abortion precedures.

BTW 3 percent of what they do is perform over 329,000 abortions in 2010 according to their 2010 annual report.

Well, from what I've read... they do keep the operations separate. Truthfully, the burden of proof is on your side to prove that they ARE using federal funds for abortion...not assuming they are.

Only in your black and white world... a world devoid of variables. A world where A+B always equals C.

Does PP use Federal funds in the performance of abortions? No... they don't. They diligently keep their abortion clinics separate from the other services they provide. What you want to do is(figuratively speaking) throw the baby out with the bath water. 97% of what Planned Parenthood does has NOTHING to do with abortions and actually saves lives everyday. All you want to focus on is the 3% of what they do that you don't agree with.

Can you provide evidence that PP does not use any federal dollars to fund abortions?

Fact is PP has admitted that federal funds are not held in a separate account, therefore there is no way that you or anyone can say with any degree of certainty that federal dollars are not used in abortion precedures.

BTW 3 percent of what they do is perform over 329,000 abortions in 2010 according to their 2010 annual report.

Well, from what I've read... they do keep the operations separate. Truthfully, the burden of proof is on your side to prove that they ARE using federal funds for abortion...not assuming they are.

Operations, yes. Funding, no.

Proof? PP is the largest abortion provider in the US, PP is also the largest recipient of federal tax dollars under Title X of the Public Health Service Act.

From 2002-2008, Planned Parenthood received more than $342 million in federal taxpayer money through Title X funding alone. In its 2008-2009 annual report, Planned Parenthood revealed that it received $363.2 million in various federal, state, and local government grants and contracts for that fiscal year, a significant increase from the prior year. During that same time period, they performed an unprecedented 324,008 abortions, which equates to 888 abortions each and every day.

If the number of abortions performed alone doesn’t convince you of Planned Parenthood’s agenda, just compare that number with other services the organization provides to pregnant women. In 2008, their number of adoption referrals dropped a staggering 51 percent from the prior year to a meager 2,405. Additionally, the number of prenatal clients they served was less than 0.09 percent of the total services provided by Planned Parenthood in 2008. Pregnant women seeking help from Planned Parenthood were 27 times more likely to receive an abortion than to receive prenatal care or be referred for adoption.

A little common sense goes a long way.

Read more: Planned Parenthood federal funding | Mike Pence | The Daily Caller

That's wonderful that you have the means to just leave a job anytime you feel like it. Most people don't.

not a matter of means. If I am so diametrically opposed to a corporate decision that I am willing to make it public, I would also no longer be willing to work for said company. I have the courage of my convictions, hardships not withstanding.

So very admirable. Most people have to worry about feeding their kids these days though.

Would you continue to work for an organization where there was an anti-gay bias?

We see the board troll is all outraged again.

you liberals are jokes..."Freedoms of choice" you spout is only good when it applies to you or something you like

Komen can donate to anyone they want without your permission.

you're so concerned about PP, DONATE all your saving to them then shut the hell up about Komen

scratch a liberal find a fascist.

Apparently ENOUGH people were dropping their donations to Komen and donating to PP that they panicked and flip flopped.

So much for the strength of the anti-choice crowd, eh?

We see the board troll is all outraged again.

you liberals are jokes..."Freedoms of choice" you spout is only good when it applies to you or something you like

Komen can donate to anyone they want without your permission.

you're so concerned about PP, DONATE all your saving to them then shut the hell up about Komen

scratch a liberal find a fascist.

Apparently ENOUGH people were dropping their donations to Komen and donating to PP that they panicked and flip flopped.

So much for the strength of the anti-choice crowd, eh?

Actually, their stance never really changed. The only thing that changed is that current funding was not stopped. Any future applications for funding from PP are going to be reviewed to see if it falls within their policies... PP is not guarenteed those future funds...

That the best come back you got?

My ten year old grandson could have thought up a better response than that.

You went weak with your Food Stamps reply - I thought thats how you wanted to roll..

My bad...

My food stamp reply was funny and original. You have no sense of humor.

Sorry, it wasn't funny...

You tried, though...

I'll still donate to an organization that does a lot of good...

You can make any assumption you like. The fact is if you are pro-choice you are by default pro-abortion, conversely if you're pro-life you are anti-abortion. There is no middle ground.

Perhaps if you can only see black and white, but the TRUTH is that nobody is "pro abortion". I am pro choice and want to see abortion kept safe, legal and RARE.

There is no grey area in this discussion. Either you are pro-life and against abortions or you are pro-choice and support abortions.

Support abortions is the same as thinking the choice should be left to the individual?

How statist of you.

Forum List

Back