Expectations of Minimum Wage

Now, minimum wage leads to another low paid job

Heh... that sounds like some rank bullshit right there. Pretty much everyone I know started with low wage jobs. And most of them moved beyond it. Guess they didn't get the memo.

Those in college who work minimum wage get better jobs
Those who take those jobs out of high school have limited career advancement

Again, you're full of shit. My son dropped out of high school. Worked minimum wage jobs into his twenties. Now he's a software engineer at Google. But that doesn't fit your narrative. Sorry.
If you say so

I'm sure this thread has been done to death, but I have never followed any as of yet. I think it boils down to one simple question. Are minimum wage jobs meant to support and raise families, to be the primary income for families? Does it make sense for someone working at McDonald's for 30 hrs a week, if they can get those hours, to say hey, I think I'll have three kids? I know many Republicans make the erroneous statement that it is just high school kids getting their first jobs. Many, many adults work minimum wage jobs, and many adults are not able to move up to better jobs. This doesn't change anything however, because if you are an adult, I would hope you would not try to start a family on a minimum wage job. Why do Democrats think that adults who work minimum wage jobs should have kids they can't afford? I have a strong hunch that the attempt to make every single job in America a bread winning family supporting job is a folly. Does it make sense that every job should guarantee the ability to raise a family? I think it makes more sense for people to wait to have kids until if or when they can afford them. Is that a radical idea?

I dunno. Its a deep topic. Minimum wage going up is going to cause inflation. Inflation will lessen the burden of plenty of bad mortgages.

Also consider those for illegals are effectively for people working under minimum wage. Those against illegals are demanding businesses pay at least minimum wage.

Most inflation is caused by investor returns. In the mid-70's investors received 10% of net profit, today it's 50%.

Based on what?

The total shareholder payout is going to be dramatically different between companies based on the number of outstanding shares.

It is also going to be dramatically different between companies that are buying back shares, and companies that are not.

Besides that, you people on the left claim you want to get money out of corporations, and into the hands of citizens.

Well, the largest investors in corporate stock, is pensions and retirement plans. Wouldn't a higher payout of profits going to the people, be a good thing?

Well, the largest investors in corporate stock, is pensions and retirement plans.

Not so. Only 37% of corporate stock is non-taxable pensions and retirement plans.

Too many jobs require experience only or college degrees and then only pay $10 an hour or less. My Nephew handles thousands of dollars a day in sales and only makes a bit over $8 an hour. Positions of responsibility should pay more.

Supply and demand
Exactly why we need to seal the border. Cut off the Supply of people willing to live like animals and work their asses off.

You need to seal BOTH borders since 16% of illegals come from Canada.

The easier and more efficient way is to arrest and imprison employers (like tRump) that hire illegals.

The easier and more efficient way is to arrest and imprison employers (like tRump) that hire illegals.

But nobody supports that so its goofy to talk about it while Trump got elected to build the wall Do you understand?

Its goofy to talk about anti American hypocrites who are hiring illegals? Illegals which come to the country for better jobs.

I remember when we disagreed but you had honest convictions sir.

Its goofy to talk about anti American hypocrites who are hiring illegals?

A smoking father who tells his kids not to smoke, or a slave owner who tells others not own slaves may be a hypocrite but they are moving in the right direction which is all that counts in human history!

Now you typed something about it being goofy to go after those who hite illegals. Kinda like you support hiring illegals.

I said there is no support for arresting those who hire illegals, but lots of support for a president who got elected to build a wall. 1+1=2

Now you typed something about it being goofy to go after those who hite illegals. Kinda like you support hiring illegals.

I said there is no support for arresting those who hire illegals, but lots of support for a president who got elected to build a wall. 1+1=2
Ah? No support for enforcing the constitution and removing the incentive illegals have to enter. Got it. Folks want illegals and no wall.

Forum List

Back