Is the disastrous GOP Foxconn deal what sunk the Amazon deal?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

This 1 number sums up why that Foxconn deal is over-the-top bad for Wisconsin

Every day the failed Amazon deal gets bigger and worse according to Republicans. First it was 20,000 jobs and then 25,000 jobs and who knows how many it’s going to be next time, 20 million jobs?
It’s like a scam artist. You give me $1 billion and I’ll give you back $2 billion next Tuesday.
Now it could’ve been a good deal. Who knows? But after the disaster of the Foxconn deal in Wisconsin, people are naturally going to be a little bit gun shy.

Trump called Foxconn's Wisconsin factory an 'incredible investment,' but evidence is mounting it's a terrible deal

Wisconsin's deal with Foxconn was as bad as they come

• Banned
Problem is Republicans think all business is great. That business is on the side of the American people. That business is a kind of charity that hands out jobs to the undeserving.
Well as we know from Donald Trump, many business deals are actually scams that hurt a lot of people.

Every day the failed Amazon deal gets bigger and worse according to Republicans. First it was 20,000 jobs and then 25,000 jobs and who knows how many it’s going to be next time, 20 million jobs?
It’s like a scam artist. You give me $1 billion and I’ll give you back $2 billion next Tuesday.
Now it could’ve been a good deal. Who knows? But after the disaster of the Foxconn deal in Wisconsin, people are naturally going to be a little bit gun shy.

Trump called Foxconn's Wisconsin factory an 'incredible investment,' but evidence is mounting it's a terrible deal

It's like a moron test.

Amazon....I give you $27 billion, instead of $30 billion.

AOC....Outrageous!!! I insist you give me $0

Amazon.....okay...……..idiot.

Problem is Republicans think all business is great. That business is on the side of the American people. That business is a kind of charity that hands out jobs to the undeserving.
Well as we know from Donald Trump, many business deals are actually scams that hurt a lot of people.

Problem is Republicans think all business is great.

Problem is Democrats think all government is great.

• Banned

It's like a moron test.

Amazon....I give you $27 billion, instead of $30 billion.

AOC....Outrageous!!! I insist you give me $0

Amazon.....okay...……..idiot.
You clowns are always crying for links. So I post links and you don’t even bother to read them. It just shows the reason you guys are always crying is because you’re a bunch of crybabies.

• Banned

Not when it’s run by Republicans. When you have Republicans in charge all you get is debt and war and disaster and tax cuts for needy billionaires.

Were the deals even comparable?

If Wisconsin was cutting Foxconn a check, that's fucking stupid.

Maybe as stupid as the Federal government cutting checks to buyers of electric cars.

If Amazon was getting a state tax holiday on in state earnings or in state property taxes, that's not comparable.

Not when it’s run by Republicans. When you have Republicans in charge all you get is debt and war and disaster and tax cuts for needy billionaires.

The state of Illinois and the city of Chicago just called.
They wanted to know if your IQ has always been in the low 40s, or is it a recent occurrence?

No, the Foxconn deal fell through just like the Amazon deal fell through: An idiot Democrat elected as Governor of Wisconsin, who was too stupid to realize that "tax breaks" aren't money we already have, that we are "handing over" to them.

The Governor also threatened to levy heavy environmental regulations against Foxconn too, so they said "fuckit" and pulled out.

Thanks alot, liberals.

They wanted to know if your IQ has always been in the low 40s, or is it a recent occurrence?
They can’t kill the truth so they try to assassinate the character.

No, the Foxconn deal fell through just like the Amazon deal fell through: An idiot Democrat elected as Governor of Wisconsin, who was too stupid to realize that "tax breaks" aren't money we already have, that we are "handing over" to them.

The Governor also threatened to levy heavy environmental regulations against Foxconn too, so they said "fuckit" and pulled out.

Thanks alot, liberals.
What are you talking about? Did your Dingaling just chime?

Pointing out your idiocy has nothing to do with your low character.

Pointing out your idiocy has nothing to do with your low character.
You prove my point.

Wisconsin’s $4.1 billion Foxconn factory boondoggle

The size of the subsidy was stunning. It was far and away the largest in Wisconsin history and the largest government handout to a foreign company ever given in America. Like most states, Wisconsin had given subsidies to companies in the past, but never higher than $35,000 per job. Foxconn’s subsidy was $230,000 per job.

Wow! They are saying that Wisconsin won’t see a profit until 2043. Personally, I don’t believe they ever will. This is just another way republicans giveaway billions to billionaires and corporations.

Forum List

Back