expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Yeah, I just watched this game and they were showing banner after banner of fans wanting to keep the Rams in St. Louis.

I have a feeling they'll move to LA very soon now.

yep its a done deal.The Rams are 100% certain.The Chargers are 50/50.

I wish it would be just the Rams and only the Rams because the Rams belong in LA,chargers belong in san diego and the Raiders belong in Oakland.

What cities will the owners use to leverage communities for new stadiums if they do move back?

Edit:
San Antonio
London
?

you nailed it.Yeah some people initially did not believe me in the beginning when I said the rams would come back to LA saying that LA is more valuable to the NFL without a team than with one because other teams have used LA as leverage to get a new stadium over the years.

But so what,once the Rams move back to LA next year,the NFL will just use cities like San Antonio or London for leverage for new stadiums for their cities. for years the vikings said they were going to move away to san antonio matter of fact.

L.A. stadium solution has never been closer, yet NFL owners are miles apart

I like this guys thinking.

don't think it is over quite yet. Only one stadium in the LA area has committed to hosting an NFL team while they build a new stadium, and that's the Coliseum... and they said they will only host one team. So whether or not the NFL votes in favor ofInglewood, I believe Stan Kroenke will take another decisive step (like he did when he announced the Inglewood plan), and move to LA regardless of what the other NFL owners want. He will make a deal to play in the Coliseum, and that will leave the Raiders and Chargers in a precarious position: Go back to the negotiating table with their current cities, or take a stab at moving to another city that is willing and ready to host them, such as St. Louis or San Antonio.

In the end, the Raiders will come to an agreement with Oakland, because the Raiders don't want to move, and Spanos will be forced back to the table with SD. He'll complain about it, maybe throw around some lawsuits, but in the end, a deal will get done in SD.

interesting.

When the Chargers lost the Super Bowl in '95, they were welcomed back by 100k fans.. They had a parade in the middle of the city.. Yes, the had lost, but the city celebrated the team they love(d). They literally threw a bigger parade than San Francisco had thrown for their world champions. That's how much these fans love their teams.

Now, if you live outside of San Diego, you won't understand the hurt and frustration (unless you have close friends or family here). Us San Diegans are taught that this is America's Finest City and that we are the gold of the golden state.

We are bad, honestly, we are horrible. When teams in other cities are bad, the seats are empty. When the Chargers are bad, opponents fans fill it. And that's just the sad truth. That's the consequence of living in once again, America's Finest City. No offense to my other admins, and the wonderful members of the page who live in LA, but us San Diegan's have been raised to know LA as Smell-A, the rival city..

So when our team threatens to leave, and has one foot out the door, it hurts. It truly does.

I remember the LT days. Powder blue mania in the stands. Qualcomm was known as one of the loudest stadiums. I have been there for the playoff losses and I am a season ticket member during this potential 3-13 season. Yet I'm proud to be a fan of this team.

To me, and to a lot of us, this is more than a team. This is a lifestyle, this is US.

One last game? So be it.
My hometown team is my team.

I love San Diego.

Chargers fan brings message to his home state and Jim Irsay

Save Our Bolts - Photos from Save Our Bolts's post | Facebook

Last edited:
@davidhunn: "Goodell's letter on Thursday took Peacock to task for including that money ($100 million extra) in the city's financing package... “Although you acknowledged this publicly following the conference call, it does not appear that this information has been shared with the aldermen and the proposal before them does not reflect what was conveyed to you on Tuesday...”'"

Goodell: $300 million for St. Louis stadium 'fundamentally inconsistent' with NFL policy : News

this isnt proof positive they will be back in LA next year" im saving the best for the last." but this has been well known starting back in 2012 two years ago that after this season they will leave saint louis for LA and since saint louis has not even come close to giving them the stadium they want and stan isnt even returning phone calls from them,the writing is all over the wall they are leaving after this year.:banana::dance: they are getting scared in saint louis,they are in denial mode about it there the few that support them there and it is VERY few,that place is always half empty all the time with much more fans from the opposing team at their games then rams fans.:biggrin: that all changes with the return to LA where they have HUGE following,they have no following there at all.

So what you think he could possibly want with the land other than moving the Rams back there? Could he be wanting to make a new team there? I was convinced he was moving them until I learned he owns property and land around the world. It shocks me that St Louis won't keep their end of the deal up to keep that much money rolling in to the city....oh well.Big loss for them.

.@LATimesFarmer: "But it was Kroenke who got all this activity started in L.A. and the home markets, when he announced his Inglewood plan last January. He was the bold one who took the risk, tipping the first rock that became a landslide. For that reason — and the millions of dollars he's spent so far — he's not going to walk away without a fight."

L.A. stadium solution has never been closer, yet NFL owners are miles apart

I hope the rams go back to the white and blue uniforms/helmets with their move!

well good news.you will get your wish PARTLY.Here is a compromise i think you will be pleased with and enjoy.

The Rams when they come back are going back to playing in their yellow and blue ones,the colors they wore in the superbowl against the steelers.thank god.If they had kept those ugly looking rags they where now in st louis,they might as well have just stayed in st louis for all i care because that was why i became a Rams fan in the first place was i loved their uniform colors,they were easily bar far,the coolest looking uniforns in all of NFL,no contest.the old chargers ones when they wore the yellow pants were really nice as well but it was the Rams one that i loved the most. had they worn those ugly looking colors they wear now i never would have become a rams fan in the first place.

they will have the yellow and blue ones from the 70's and 80's however,you will get your wish and get to see them where their throwback blue and whites at times on throwback day so you will get your wish kinda.lol

this isnt proof positive they will be back in LA next year" im saving the best for the last." but this has been well known starting back in 2012 two years ago that after this season they will leave saint louis for LA and since saint louis has not even come close to giving them the stadium they want and stan isnt even returning phone calls from them,the writing is all over the wall they are leaving after this year.:banana::dance: they are getting scared in saint louis,they are in denial mode about it there the few that support them there and it is VERY few,that place is always half empty all the time with much more fans from the opposing team at their games then rams fans.:biggrin: that all changes with the return to LA where they have HUGE following,they have no following there at all.

So what you think he could possibly want with the land other than moving the Rams back there? Could he be wanting to make a new team there? I was convinced he was moving them until I learned he owns property and land around the world. It shocks me that St Louis won't keep their end of the deal up to keep that much money rolling in to the city....oh well.Big loss for them.

well the city is bankrupt so that is why they did not live up to their end of the deal,they are millions in debt trying to pay off the Current stadium so that is why it is a joke they are even talking about trying to build a NEW one.:lmao::muahaha:

i can see why you would be skeptical knowing that if you did not know what I knew back then.see the reason I knew back then the land purchase wasnt just for leverage for a new stadium in st louis like a few speculated back then was because of the fact that he stands to triple the value of his team by moving to LA which makes him three times richer than he currently is. He did not get to be rich by being stupid.Stans no dummy.I pointed that out to people back then but they blatantly ignored that fact.:rolleyes:

here is how st louis screwed up and dropped the ball.

F. Joseph Ambriz Jr.'s Photos - F. Joseph Ambriz Jr. | Facebook

Roger Goodell steps in to stop the NFL LA Opportunity Committee's shenanigans...‪#‎LastRamsGameinStLEver‬‪#‎LARams2016‬

on't get wrapped up in any of the chaos.... It's being stirred up by the NFL to negotiate the best possible outcome. Rams are the ONLY team that has a stadium ready to be constructed.... Carson is at least 3-5 years away from getting the green light to build (if at all). Rams have a built in fan base.... Rams are the only sure bet to be in LA next season
1·19 hrs·Edited
10360605_878894038835184_7983230497549362282_n.jpg

Ernie UlloaThe LA committee was going to offer beyond the maximum allowed amount of aid for a g4 loan and the Goodell was having none of it.

Goodell: $300 million for St. Louis stadium 'fundamentally inconsistent' with NFL policy : News

L.A. stadium solution has never been closer, yet NFL owners are miles apart as an LA RAM fan,i know what to do.

He has secret inside information. The NFL only talks to Fred on the sly. He is without question the most connected guy in football. Stay tuned, you have to wait for his special secret info to be revealed.
18 hrs·Edited
11058268_128666394131323_292420822849933679_n.jpg

Bob TapiaHey Dudak, Fred is good friends with Inglewood Mayor Butts. If you do not think that Mayor Butts is being briefed by the Rams on what is going on behind the scenes, then continue to keep your head in the sand.

The STL stadium financing will pass tomorrow. But like Grumman said, it is not a viable proposal. So my guess is that the NFL is going to reject the plan BEFORE it is even presented to Kroenke. And that will happen before the owners meetings.
1·18 hrs

It sounds like Goodell is pissed that Peacock lied to the alderman

Last edited:

well the city is bankrupt so that is why they did not live up to their end of the deal,they are millions in debt trying to pay off the Current stadium so that is why it is a joke they are even talking about trying to build a NEW one.:lmao::muahaha:

i can see why you would be skeptical knowing that if you did not know what I knew back then.see the reason I knew back then the land purchase wasnt just for leverage for a new stadium in st louis like a few speculated back then was because of the fact that he stands to triple the value of his team by moving to LA which makes him three times richer than he currently is. He did not get to be rich by being stupid.Stans no dummy.I pointed that out to people back then but they blatantly ignored that fact.:rolleyes:

So will St Louis be better off financially with the Rams gone or no? Its a hard call to make money the Rams would need to put fans in the stands especially if the city poney's up the dough to fix the stadium.....Guess the city doesn't see it happening. Well season is almost over...guess we will hear something sooner than later! Also if the Rams DO move would it be 2016 season or after? Stadiums take a long time to build...

Even though NFL Executive Vice President Eric Grubman said in a recent radio interview that none of the three home markets has come up with an attractive stadium deal, St. Louis has done the most to keep its team. The Rams potentially would be walking away from a significant amount of public money, and the NFL is not in the habit of doing that.

Hmmmmm. I dunno 9/11 Rams might stay...BUT ya think their owner could sell the land to the chargers or raiders!? He is a businessman

done deal Rams in LA.:banana::biggrin::beer:

TIME TO START PLAYING THE BLUES IN ST LOUIS.:boohoo:

:biggrin:

Did anyone notice that the announcer just said this is the final two minutes at the Edward Jones Dome?

Jesus reading the article makes you think an entirely NEW team will come to LA. Charges-no fan support base,Rams-city wants to keep the and is trying,teams are not known for walking away from money,Raiders-don't really want to leave but city isn't trying to keep them.

Read the article. What will happen if the owners pick the Rams plan and not the Raiders/Chargers plan? It says the city of San Diego and the Chargers are "divorced" as in no deal is gonna happen.

So will St Louis be better off financially with the Rams gone or no? Its a hard call to make money the Rams would need to put fans in the stands especially if the city poney's up the dough to fix the stadium.....Guess the city doesn't see it happening. Well season is almost over...guess we will hear something sooner than later! Also if the Rams DO move would it be 2016 season or after? Stadiums take a long time to build...

Its a done deal for 2016 for the Rams.USC has told the NFL they will allow one team to use their facility for a couple years while they are building the stadium in inglewood same as the university of minnesota is allowing the vikings to play in their facility for a couple years till the new stadium is ready next season.same thing.

and no st louis wont be better off financially with the rams gone but they wont incur more debt though by trying to build a new stadium.so in that way they are better off with them gone.

this guy nailed it and hit the nail right on the button WHY the Rams will be in LA in 2016.:beer::clap:

This entire process is a dog and pony show. The whole thing has already been settled behind closed doors. The only thing on the table is what can the NFL do to help both the Raiders and Chargers gain leverage in their home markets.

The Carson site is a toxic waste dump for God's sake. Do you really think they would build a stadium on a site that could potentially have lethal toxic substances in the soil and expose hundreds of thousands of people each year? Even if they cleanthe site the site it's not a 100% sure thing that all the toxic residue is cleared out. The half life of the toxic chemicals is not known and no one knows for sure how deep in the soil the toxic material may have penetrated.

The NFL relocation rules are "guidlines" not set in stone which can be changed anytime per VP Eric Grumman. The NFL will never allow division rivals share a home stadium and they will not move the Chargers or Raiders to the NFC. The only logical move is the Rams because they are already in the NFC West.

Stan will never invest upwards of $400 - $500 million of his own money on a stadium he wouldnt even own. Plus he would have to voluntarily give up $150 million in naming right revenue (Peacock uses this money for construction costs) the NFL considers a team asset. Stan has the best lease agreement in all of sports where he pays only $200,000 a year in rent, gets all game day concession and parking revenue and has nine one year options left. The proposed new St. Louis stadium will require a significant rent increase for any tennant per Dave Peacock which he has admitted is about four times the going NFL lease rate. Why on earth would Stan give up the sweetheart terms he covets for a new stadium where he would have to invest millions of dollars with no return on investment, have to pay four times the going rate for rent, give up naming right revenue and have absolutely no ownership interest in the facility? It's pure madness that will never happen except in Nixon and Peacocks fantasy fairytale playground.

The only possible outcome is Kroenke moves the Rams back home to L.A. with the possibility of the Chargers joining them. The Raiders just don't have the financial might to pull off a move. When all is said and done there will be at least one team in Los Angeles in 2016 and it will be the Rams. The NFL cannot afford to kick the can down the road any longer or they will piss off and alienate too many fans if they do.

The league also doesn't have the stomach to face another Antitrust lawsuit. The league has a sweetheart deal where they pay no federal income taxes. If they so much as raise a fuss and have an Antitrust action levied on them then they can kiss that tax free ride goodbye. The league has no interest in playing with fire. The NFL is all talk and no bite. The Rams are returning to their rightful home in Los Angeles for the 2016 season.

amen to that.:beer:

Forum List

Back