expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

In the waning moments of Sunday's game — a rare victory for the Chargers, 30-14 over Miami — chants of "Spanos sucks" and "San Diego" drifted around the half-empty stadium. The chants turned into a roar as quarterback Philip Rivers jogged off the field and thrust his left arm in the air. The early 1960s hit "Stay" floated through the stadium speakers, asking everyone to stay just a little bit longer.

Thousands of fans lined the railings. They didn't want to leave.

If Chargers bolt, fans will have bittersweet memories of perhaps the last game in San Diego

Iam Mike S | Facebook

Notice what Vinny DIDN'T say. He DIDN'T say that the Chargers had the 24 votes needed to win. If ESK gets nine votes (including abstentions), he wins because Dean then has to deal with him. That's why I use the political convention analogy of needing 24 first ballot votes. If he doesn't get that, he would have to deal with ESK to gain Los Angeles. Result: Rams and Inglewood win. Chargers choose between going along with ESK or staying in San Diego. And then there was this unmentioned matter -- does the NFL really want to risk losing another lawsuit to ESK like it did to Al Davis in the 1980s? I suspect not.

Gray: Thursday Night's Rams Game Should Expose Franchise, Not Fans > insideSTL.com - St. Louis Sports, Music, Entertainment and Nightlife > STL Rams

Well we didn't want Georgia Frontiere, just our Los Angeles Rams! I don’t feel sorry for anyone in STL! They just laughed at LA Rams fans back in 1995.

The Raiders fans in Oakland packed the stadium even in nasty weather. The Chargers fans in San Diego filled their stadium as well today. This was the pathetic St. Louis crowd on primetime Thursday Night Football rooting for our#LosAngelesRams...

That’s the concept that looms: Stan Kroenke doesn’t lose in life, despite all the positive news locally about the NFL possibly choosing the Carson project for Los Angeles. In business, he gets what he wants, because that’s what he wants.

The NFL seems to want this Carson project to go forward and for the Rams to stay? What if San Diego and Oakland build new stadiums after the teams have left for Carson? Will they then return? I'm confused because the St. Louis and Carson projects are way under funded and Inglewood is fully funded? The league may have a major cluster f**k on their hands.

Unquestionably, if a move to Los Angeles is inevitable, the Inglewood location is more desirable than the Carson location. It is more centrally located, it is closer to the airport where there are more hotels to accommodate non-local travelers flying in for either games or the wide-variety of special events which could take place at the venue, and there are more attractive entertainment amenities in neighboring suburbs like Manhattan Beach, Westchester, Playa del Ray, and the like than the area immediately surrounding Carson. Additionally, though Carson does play host to the L.A. Galaxy and several tennis and youth soccer events annually, Inglewood has a much richer history of hosting sporting events, which breeds an air of familiarity with that locale compared to Carson.

Recommended by Forbes

The Money, Politics, And Power Impacting The NFL's Decision On Los Angeles

Read the article. What will happen if the owners pick the Rams plan and not the Raiders/Chargers plan? It says the city of San Diego and the Chargers are "divorced" as in no deal is gonna happen.

as you know,you cant believe everything the media tells you.what they leave out is some of the spanos family members are opposed to the move.dean is going to have two choices to choose from,join stan kroneke in inglewood or go back and negoiate in SD.

Even though NFL Executive Vice President Eric Grubman said in a recent radio interview that none of the three home markets has come up with an attractive stadium deal, St. Louis has done the most to keep its team. The Rams potentially would be walking away from a significant amount of public money, and the NFL is not in the habit of doing that.

Hmmmmm. I dunno 9/11 Rams might stay...BUT ya think their owner could sell the land to the chargers or raiders!? He is a businessman
No Rams are a done deal.if the NFL trys to stop kroneke from moving,then he can sue them for anti trust lawsuit which he easily wins because he has the law on his side. the NFL cant force an owner to pay money to stay in a city he does not want to stay in.Plus that article leaves out that st louis is already millions in debt trying to pay off their current stadium so there is no way they can fund a new one.

Jay Glazer reported on Fox NFL Sunday that his league sources have indicated that it’s currently the San Diego Chargers that have the most support among league owners.

San Diego and the Chargers are miles apart on a stadium deal and they’re in dire need of new facilities, with Qualcomm Stadium among the worst in the NFL. And, while the other two franchises were previously located in Los Angeles, moving the Bolts to LA would be the least alienating move of all, with San Diego fans still close enough to travel to their new home to support the Chargers.

Chargers Have Most Support For Move To LA Per Report - TPS

Old news,do try and keep up around here.that is old news i have known for months now.:rolleyes: i have already talked about that many pages back.:rolleyes:

I said this 2 years ago when i first started this thread that it was going to be the Rams and Chargers playing in Inglewood since the NFL is pushing for two teams.. The Rams are a 100% done deal.The NFL wants an owner with deep pockets to be in LA and Kroneke is the only owner between Davis,Spanos,and him who fits that bill.Him being the second richest owner behind Huggys Paul Allen of the Seahawks.

All the media reports coming out now have all been saying its going to be the Rams and Chargers. The Raiders I always knew were a pipe dream for LA Raider fans that want them back.they for sure have a much larger fanbase than the Chargers no question on that,but the politicians in LA smartly dont want them back because their image promotes gang violance.

The chargers are 50/50 on leaving because thankfully dean spanos sons want to stay in san diego so there is a slight chance,very slight,they might stay highly unlikely though.

It was mostly only thugs in LA that attended Raider games when they were there before. Because of the LA fans,Oakland fans to this day STILL get an unfair bad rap because of the LA fans behavior. Plus what I was saying two years ago has been surfacing in articles recently that the owners dont want a Davis owned Raiders franchise in LA again because many of them are still sore at Al for suing them to move to LA the first time around so there is bad blood with some of the owners towards the Davis family.

Oh and here is what I was talking about where i took you to school that NFL fans in LA and around the country clearly prefer the Rams over the Raiders coming back to LA..:D

NFL: Vote Now! Which Football Team Should Move to Los Angeles?

same as i always owned you and took you to school in our 9/11 debates that 9/11 was an insdie job,I own you in these debates on the Rams as well.

Last edited:
Here is why the Rams will be in LA next year if the league trys to stop him this is what happens.

You've got 2 owners on the LA relocation committee that don't want the Rams to leave STL. (Panthers & Texans). They have actually advised Spanos on strategy. This is a direct "conflict of interests" & after Jan. 12~13 they will be sued along with the NFL by Mr. Kroenke. The NFL has been sued before & here's another one. They don't need anymore black clouds hanging over them... they've had enough. Let it go before things get really out-of-hand.

that is called collusion and a violation of anti trust laws.Kroneke can sue the league and the NFL will lose their asses in court.the NFL has never been able to stop a team from leaving a city they dont want to be in.

I think the Rams should stay in St Loius.

That would be awesome.
only way that happens is if kroneke is afraid to file a lawsuit against the NFL if they try and block him.:biggrin:

the NFL will lose their ass in court if they and stop him and they have had enough scandals as it is with deflategate which will be nothing in comparison to this.Oh and Goodel has torn apart St Louis laughable stadium plan as well.:lmao:
He wants LA badly so I dont see that happening.

New Topics

Forum List

Back