Sam Shown Back Door

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Rams release Sam.

St Louis showers safe again.

Supposedly the only open gay NFL football player had a great preseason.

I wonder if he had kept his gayness to himself if he would have stood a better chance to make it on an NFL roster.

Jeff Fisher(Rams head coach) says Sam is good enough to play in the NFL. If someone needs someone at his position group, I expect he might land a spot on another team, the Rams were just not the place for him at this time.

The only thing Sammy " look at me I'm special", will be remembered for is beating his chest like an ape and announcing what sexual partners he prefers. what a legacy...

His fifteen is over already. how shocking

but you never know they might put him on stamp:laugh2:

Rams release Sam.

I wonder if he had kept his gayness to himself if he would have stood a better chance to make it on an NFL roster.
thank god.if that team was staying in saint louis i wouldnt care about him being on that team but they are going to be in LA next year and i dont my favorite team of all the time the TRUE rams the LA RAMS,to have any gay queer on their team.

9/11, I would take him on any team if he were the 53rd or better player on the team.

I hope this doesn't become a BIG STORY

You're kidding.

First Queer gets cut from the NFL?

I'm sure HBO is already writing the second season of ......What will they title it....?

He will get offered something watch

1. Another NFL team will pick him up

2. He will be a Pregame Analyst on a College Football show

3. His own reality show on a cable channel

I hope this doesn't become a BIG STORY

You're kidding.

First Queer gets cut from the NFL?

I'm sure HBO is already writing the second season of ......What will they title it....?

He will get offered something watch

1. Another NFL team will pick him up

2. He will be a Pregame Analyst on a College Football show

3. His own reality show on a cable channel

Certainly I agree, and add to the list;

4. Florist

5. Dance instructor

6. Interior decorator.

Rams release Sam.

Surprisingly he was cut not for being gay, but either for not doing what it took to remain on a professional football team, or there were superior players than he at his position. I could smell responses like this from a mile away. Why do you think his being gay entitled him to a spot on a team he didn't earn? Seriously? He had ONE sack on Johnny Manziel that made headlines and suddenly he has "a great preseason." Are the Rams suddenly supposed to kneel before His Gayness? No. He gets on that team for his performance, not his sexual preferences, not for headlines but for ability.

Sam will play in the NFL no doubt, but his homosexuality shouldn't be an issue each time he gets cut or released. There are many black players in the NFL who get cut and released all the time from NFL teams ironically, but do we all of a sudden call those teams racist for cutting black players? Please. That's pure nonsense.

And personally, I wouldn't care if he was gay or not. However, the last thing I would need or want are distractions on my team. My players are there to play football, not debate social issues. Notice how Sam didn't use his homosexuality to bemoan his fate. Also note how Tim Tebow was ushered out of the NFL for openly professing his faith in Christ. This thread is surprisingly morose even for you, and a prime example of why social politics and sports should never cross paths.

Last edited:
The Rams were deep at this position, it was speculated that he would be a long shot. He may get picked up on another team. If that does not happen he will land on the Rams practice squad. No real story, hundreds get cut every year, some with more talent, some with less.

Forum List

Back