Existence

But the question the OP is asking is why? And to answer that you have to know what something ends up being and not what it starts out as. And the most complex thing that has been created from all of this is intelligence; consciousness. There is nothing more rare and special than being a being that knows and creates.

Created by a 5" pufferfish in hopes of attracting a mate.
No consciousness, no "intelligence," no hands. We are not so "rare" or "special." Just another creature that occasionally belches out something awesome. When we're not busy doing something horrendous.
4149E2DC00000578-4589618-image-a-53_1497033578583.jpg
If all the matter and energy in the universe were represented by the sand in the Sahara desert, all life in the universe would be represented by a single grain of sand. And that's not intelligent life, that's all life.
how the fuck did you come up with that - our own fuckin SOLAR SYSTEM may be teeming with life.

derrppppppp

Intelligence is the most advanced and complex phenomena the universe has produced.
That dingbat knows of - but it's more retarded, mal formed conjecture cuz...that small tid-bit about YOU DONT KNOW ALL THATS IN THE UNIVERSE.

Glad you're so irrational.

We can confirmation bias all day, and you'll remain unintelligent, irrational dingerred obsessive and triggered.....

Just how rare is intelligent life in the universe?

and astrobiologist Caleb Scharf thinks we should prepare for the possibility that we are special in some way, after all.

Special – but not unique. In 2000, Peter Ward and Donald Brownlee argued in Rare Earth that intelligent life on Earth relied on so many unlikely accidents that we are probably alone in the universe. This is a step too far for Scharf, and rather like saying that a spectator at a baseball game lucky enough to catch a ball must therefore be alone in the stadium.

In a big enough universe, extraordinary things happen all the time. Our solar system is a case in point: the latest exoplanet research suggests that its orderly arrangement of planets is exceptionally rare, with rocky planets closer to the sun and gas giants farther out.

"may be"

The words that ding misses a thousand times over, tripping over his little insecure toes

Only an idiot would argue that life isn't rare in the universe, especially intelligent life which is the pinnacle of creation.

If space is limitless, not sure what the odds are. How do you place odds on the infinite?

Only an idiot would argue that life isn't rare in the universe, especially intelligent life which is the pinnacle of creation.
Assumes facts not in evidence, like all you feeble minded fuckery

That kind of hubris truly scares me.
How "intelligent" are we being with our developed frontal lobe? We are on the brink of annihilating our own race with nuclear weapons, pollution of our planet, etc. Pinnacle? I wonder if all organisms that develop the "thinking" part of their brain end up blowing themselves up. Maybe that's why we are so rare.

How "intelligent" are we being with our developed frontal lobe? We are on the brink of annihilating our own race with nuclear weapons, pollution of our planet, etc. Pinnacle? I wonder if all organisms that develop the "thinking" part of their brain end up blowing themselves up. Maybe that's why we are so rare.
It's all part of evolution. Why would you not expect to consciousness to continue to evolve until it has made the next anthropological leap just like every other evolutionary phase of matter has done before it.

That's kind of been my point, you know?

Things are the way they are so that consciousness can evolve to make that next leap. It is a conflict and confusion process. Diversity of thought is critical to that process.

When life first burst onto the scene, it rapidly reproduced itself. This is called the expansionary phase. During the expansionary phase slight mutations created just enough diversity to create competition. Eventually the rapid expansion subsides and life found itself in its equilibrium phase. During its equilibrium phase competition promoted further diversification until life reached its potential and make the leap to the next stage. Thereby starting this process all over again.

We see this exact same phenomena at work in the technology cycle.

And despite what some neanderthals claim, consciousness is a wholly different stage of evolution and is subject to evolutionary forces. In fact, anyone with half a brain can use their own life experiences to validate this.

It's all part of evolution. Why would you not expect to consciousness to continue to evolve until it has made the next anthropological leap just like every other evolutionary phase of matter has done before it.

Things are the way they are so that consciousness can evolve to make that next leap. It is a conflict and confusion process. Diversity of thought is critical to that process.
If intelligence is the pinnacle, where do we leap to next?

If intelligence is the pinnacle, where do we leap to next?
I have no idea, but we only use a small percentage of our brain, so the human brain has enormous potential.

But what I do know is that it is likely that we will become more virtuous because that seems to be the trend.

Then again, who knows.

Forum List

Back