The Pre-mortal existence of mankind

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
We learn from the scriptures that man existed as the spirit children of God before coming to this earth. The Book of Revelation tells us that before coming to this earth, there was a war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the devil and his angels. The outcome of this war was that Satan was cast out of heaven along with his angels. However, the war was to continue on this earth. Michael and those who were with him, were sent to this earth to receive a body and be tried and tested by Satan and his angels who were not to receive a body but were evil spirits.

Revelation 12:7-17
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

According to verse 11 above, after the war in heaven, Michael and his angels were to overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death. This is an indication that they became mortal and were in need of the saving grace of Jesus to overcome Satan. The fact that they loved not their lives unto the death tells us that they became mortal..

Those of us who come to this earth and receive a body were once valiant children in the fight for righteousness and were among the followers of Michael who fought against Satan and his followers.

We learn from the scriptures that man existed as the spirit children of God before coming to this earth. The Book of Revelation tells us that before coming to this earth, there was a war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the devil and his angels. The outcome of this war was that Satan was cast out of heaven along with his angels. However, the war was to continue on this earth. Michael and those who were with him, were sent to this earth to receive a body and be tried and tested by Satan and his angels who were not to receive a body but were evil spirits.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

According to verse 11 above, after the war in heaven, Michael and his angels were to overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death. This is an indication that they became mortal and were in need of the saving grace of Jesus to overcome Satan. The fact that they loved not their lives unto the death tells us that they became mortal..

Those of us who come to this earth and receive a body were once valiant children in the fight for righteousness and were among the followers of Michael who fought against Satan and his followers.
Say what? LOL!

What was the war in heaven all about? We learn from latter-day revelations that Lucifer had put forth a different plan before God the Father for saving mankind on this earth. His plan was to force everyone to keep the commandments and by doing this not one soul would be lost. However, this plan was not our Father in heavens plan. Our Father in heaven wanted his children to choose in and of themselves to be good beings. You cannot become a truly good being by being forced to be one. Free will was a necessary element in God's plan to allow his children to choose in and of themselves and thus develop a truly God like character. Force was no way to develop beings into beings like Himself. He was, after all, a being of free will himself. True goodness only comes from a person who chooses to do it of his own volition. Therefore God could not accept Lucifer's plan and rejected it. Lucifer did not like the rejection and started a rebellion against God the Eternal Father in Heaven.

Moses 4:1-4
1 And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2 But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
3 Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
4 And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice.

Abraham 3:24-28
24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;
25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;
26 And they who keep their first estate shall be added upon; and they who keep not their first estate shall not have glory in the same kingdom with those who keep their first estate; and they who keep their second estate shall have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever.
27 And the Lord said: Whom shall I send? And one answered like unto the Son of Man: Here am I, send me. And another answered and said: Here am I, send me. And the Lord said: I will send the first.
28 And the second was angry, and kept not his first estate; and, at that day, many followed after him.

The prophet Isaiah spoke of these things as well:

Isaiah 14:12-17
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Say what? LOL!
You no reada da English?

The apostles of Jesus understood that man existed before he was born on this earth.

John 9:1-3
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

In this verse the Apostles believed that the man who was born blind could have sinned before coming to earth and that this might be the reason he was born blind.

In Ecclesiastes 12: 7 we read:

Ecclesiastes 12: 7
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

One must ask how a spirit could return unto God if it had never before resided in the presence of God. This verse tells us that our spirits return to a place they have been before.

Jeremiah learned that he was ordained a prophet before he came to this earth:

Jeremiah 1:4-5
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

God, in his conversation with Job spoke of the time when he laid the foundations of the earth and tells us that at that time all the sons of God shouted for joy.

Job38:3-7
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Paul, to the Ephesians, speaks of being chosen before the foundation of the world and receiving blessings in heavenly places.

Ephesians 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

God is the literal Father of our spirits. We lived with him as his spirit children before the foundation of this world.

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Jesus speaks of when he was with the Father before coming to this earth:

John 17:5
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

God promised us that we would have a hope of eternal life before the world began:

Titus 1:2
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Paul in his epistle to the Hebrews mentions Jesus in this verse:

Hebrews 1:6
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

In this verse we know that the firstbegotten refers to Jesus. It is interesting here that the term firstbegotten is used instead of only begotten. Surely Jesus was the only begotten Son of God in the flesh. But in the pre-mortal world Jesus was the first begotten of God. This implies that there were others that were begotten and that they existed in the pre-mortal realm. Those who were his offspring as Acts 17:28-29 suggests are his other begotten sons and daughters. We who have come to this earth are his spirit children and he is the Father of spirits as Hebrews 12:9 suggests. We are literally the spirit children of the Father.

The offspring of God are gods, even children of the most High God. They are not gods in the sense that they are perfected like the Father, who is almighty. But they are the offspring of that perfect being in a non-perfect state of existence. We are the literal spirit offspring of the Father.

Psalm 82:6

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

The offspring of God are gods, even children of the most High God. They are not gods in the sense that they are perfected like the Father, who is almighty. But they are the offspring of that perfect being in a non-perfect state of existence. We are the literal spirit offspring of the Father.

Psalm 82:6

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Flesh containers, 'wine skins' for containing the spirit. The process continues unto perfection as a Son of God not a son of perdition. They asked and what would they be and he told them they would be as the angels. Job saw the angels ascending an descending.

The angels of heaven are mankind and of the sons of God. They are either resurrected beings or the spirits of just men made perfect who have not yet been resurrected. But angels are messengers of God and may be mortals.

Revelation 18:1...19:10
1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Genesis 19:1-5
1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant’s house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Even Satan is mankind in that he too was of the offspring of God but rebelled:

Isaiah 14:12-17
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Forum List

Back