evolution vs. creationism, bill nye vs. ken ham debate video

heres one where you can fast forward past that opening 13mins

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI]Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham - HD - YouTube[/ame]

Post Debate coverage.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nOCP49JRKU]Ken Ham vs Bill Nye Post-debate Show - YouTube[/ame]

Why in the hell did did he dignify these creativity nuts? Why not just pay for their advertising their "museum", or otherwise give them free publicity? It makes as much sense as debating the Westbro Baptist nuts.

My guess is that he cares about the spreading if disinformation enough to take it on publicly? I dunno.

Years ago PBS produced a show that took the issue of God seriously as a subject of discussion. I don't remember what it was called maybe A QUESTION OF GOD not sure, but it was a sober, highly intellectual and thought-provoking roundtable discussion. It's the only time I can recall the issue being given a serious airing. It was great stuff.

Why in the hell did did he dignify these creativity nuts? Why not just pay for their advertising their "museum", or otherwise give them free publicity? It makes as much sense as debating the Westbro Baptist nuts.

Maybe he was there because they offered him money lol

He's a gentleman and an unassuming, non-threatening TV personality.

If anyone it likely to make 1 out of 1000 of these brainwashed types think -- I have a lot of faith in Bill Nye.

And since his show is for Children, he was right no their level.

If being out-debated could refute religion I dare say it would have happened centuries ago. :) So no, I don't think it changed anyone's minds. Wouldn't say it was pointless though, good airing of the issues is fun if nothing else. :)

Of course, since I have only watched the Network News (a.k.a. Religious Authority approved Skippy Goebbels) report, I don't have that much info. I will not watch the entire debate until I'm gettin' as much money and/or publicity as Nye & Ham got.

However, for Bill Nye to represent an Atheist POV...well.....I ain't viewed anything like that since Neville Chamberlin got back from Berlin.

You don't get on PBS without being Religious Authority approved, TOO!

I posted this after watching it;

"Christian vs Christian debates are usually a lot more educational and informing than that one yesterday between Bill Nye and Ken Ham. Bill Nye was very disappointing. You could say that he was "stuck on stupid". I had to agree with the after-debate commentators (who were from Ham's camp obviously). He kept returning to the same talking point regarding the advancement of science, insinuating over and over again that creationism would adversely affect science without really offering any proof or examples to illustrate that position. And after Ken Ham had effectively demonstrated to almost everybody that creationist-camp scientists were doing good science all around the world every day. If it wasn't for the fact that Ham is stuck in his own version of "stupid", the Young Earth Model, Nye would have been completely screwed. Good thing he wasn't debating someone like Hugh Ross. He would have been crawling home with his tail between his legs."

I think one of the reasons the debate was unsatisfying was the poorly defined topic that was being argued. The topic was advertised as being "Is Creation a viable model of origins in today's scientific era." Starting with "model" as an undefined "thing" can lead you almost anywhere. The ephemeral nature of the topic rendered the debate un-winnable by either side.

If you're talking about a model as in scientific theory there would be no debate, by definition creationism cannot be science theory, it is a metaphysical construct and not "falsifiable". Falsifiability is a prerequisite for a theory to be deemed scientific.

If you're talking about an ontological construct then there would be no debate, of course Creationism is a completely viable model if discussed in Metaphysical terms.

So it's no wonder the debate seemed to meander aimlessly.

I don't understand why there is never a Geocentrism vs. Heliocentrism debate.

I mean, heliocentrism is just a theory, and contradicts the biblical account :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back