Evolution Of Hero's

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
Everybody has them and over time they change for different reasons. I'm going to introduce you to three of mine and tell you why they were...
howard_hughes.jpg

This was the first one. I liked his idea of privacy and the ways he would protect it. His ability to make the impossible possible was world known. He had enough money he could stay out of the public eyes for years and only be forced into it by court orders.

There is a great freedom in people not knowing who you are and the ability to move about un-noticed. To this day I hold an extreme dislike of anything in public. While I do things for people and charity's I prefer to remain unknown.

tur0-003.jpg

In my mid 20s to early 30s Howard had died but his memory lived on. I started reading about the fellow who at 16 years of age inherited a bankrupt billboard company. At 16 years of age he not only went to school but took that bankrupt billboard company and turned it into a multi-million dollar media giant.

He won the America's cup AND started the first 24 hour news service at the same time. No one had a better understanding than him when it came to emerging markets and un-tapped promotion and money in the media market.
He like I has seen both the bear and the bull of the market and never failed to take a chance.

ss3586609_-_photograph_of_jack_klugman_as_dr_r_quincy_me_from_quincy_me_available_in_4_sizes_framed_or_unframed_buy_now_at_starstills__94427.jpg

As you get older the requirements for being a hero changes. When I fought throat cancer this man came into the picture were others fell. This list of those who had fallen seemed endless when one is trying to grab on to a life ring.
Bob Denver
Soupy Sales
John Gotti
Sammy Davis jr.

But this man beat it and lived to be 90. He like I lost his vocal volume and Hollywood has no more need for an actor without volume than the auction circuit has for auctioneer with no volume. I don't think I have ever picked a hero out of envy but do always seem to pick because of ability. The simple choice to fight can be the cornerstone to your greatest victory.

Thoughts?
Fury

Last edited:
One of the requirements to be a hero is to act like one: go about your business in a good way.

As at is has been said, let your actions define. "Preach the Gospel: when called upon by the Spirit, use words."

Everybody has them and over time they change for different reasons. I'm going to introduce you to three of mine and tell you why they were...
howard_hughes.jpg

This was the first one. I liked his idea of privacy and the ways he would protect it. His ability to make the impossible possible was world known. He had enough money he could stay out of the public eyes for years and only be forced into it by court orders.

There is a great freedom in people not knowing who you are and the ability to move about un-noticed. To this day I hold an extreme dislike of anything in public. While I do things for people and charity's I prefer to remain unknown.

tur0-003.jpg

In my mid 20s to early 30s Howard had died but his memory lived on. I started reading about the fellow who at 16 years of age inherited a bankrupt billboard company. At 16 years of age he not only went to school but took that bankrupt billboard company and turned it into a multi-million dollar media giant.

He won the America's cup AND started the first 24 hour news service at the same time. No one had a better understanding than him when it came to emerging markets and un-tapped promotion and money in the media market.
He like I has seen both the bear and the bull of the market and never failed to take a chance.

ss3586609_-_photograph_of_jack_klugman_as_dr_r_quincy_me_from_quincy_me_available_in_4_sizes_framed_or_unframed_buy_now_at_starstills__94427.jpg

As you get older the requirements for being a hero changes. When I fought throat cancer this man came into the picture were others fell. This list of those who had fallen seemed endless when one is trying to grab on to a life ring.
Bob Denver
Soupy Sales
John Gotti
Sammy Davis jr.

But this man beat it and lived to be 90. He like I lost his vocal volume and Hollywood has no more need for an actor without volume than the auction circuit has for auctioneer with no volume. I don't think I have ever picked a hero out of envy but do always seem to pick because of ability. The simple choice to fight can be the cornerstone to your greatest victory.

Thoughts?
Fury
Certainly picking a hero based on abilities and accomplishments makes sense. What good is a hero if there isn't something about him to emulate, after all. It seems to me that picking a hero out of envy is a separate part of hero consideration. In other words, if you pick a hero based on his abilities, your feelings about those abilities are another matter, you may admire them or you may envy them.

Once you have the hero and look at what he's done, then what? You just think about how cool it is that you relate to this famous person? You strive to do what he did? I don't know, maybe for some, envy is a motivator.

• Banned
howard_hughes.jpg

tur0-003.jpg

Bob Denver
Soupy Sales
John Gotti
Sammy Davis jr.

Thoughts?
Fury
Certainly picking a hero based on abilities and accomplishments makes sense. What good is a hero if there isn't something about him to emulate, after all. It seems to me that picking a hero out of envy is a separate part of hero consideration. In other words, if you pick a hero based on his abilities, your feelings about those abilities are another matter, you may admire them or you may envy them.

Once you have the hero and look at what he's done, then what? You just think about how cool it is that you relate to this famous person? You strive to do what he did? I don't know, maybe for some, envy is a motivator.
Still not sure I would call it envy. Possible but I think in my case anyway its the drive of the inner self. You see it and you emulate it because you know its possible.

• Banned
howard_hughes.jpg

tur0-003.jpg

Bob Denver
Soupy Sales
John Gotti
Sammy Davis jr.

Thoughts?
Fury

Still not sure I would call it envy. Possible but I think in my case anyway its the drive of the inner self. You see it and you emulate it because you know its possible.
I'm not suggesting your heroes were chosen by envy. You invited thoughts, I offered one.

• Banned
howard_hughes.jpg

tur0-003.jpg

Bob Denver
Soupy Sales
John Gotti
Sammy Davis jr.

Thoughts?
Fury

I'm not suggesting your heroes were chosen by envy. You invited thoughts, I offered one.
I know, no offence taken. I have always enjoyed pushing the edge myself and consider that a quality.

howard_hughes.jpg

tur0-003.jpg

Bob Denver
Soupy Sales
John Gotti
Sammy Davis jr.

Thoughts?
Fury

I know, no offence taken. I have always enjoyed pushing the edge myself and consider that a quality.
Ok, then.

One of the requirements to be a hero is to act like one: go about your business in a good way.

As at is has been said, let your actions define. "Preach the Gospel: when called upon by the Spirit, use words."
One never acts like a hero. One must live like one.
Both are behaviorism. Want be a hero, act (live) like one.
Disagree, many "act" like hero's but few live it.
Then you do not understand the meaning of 'hero'.

Forum List

Back