Evolution is most likely; homosexuality is natural

Originally posted by Mustafa
That is what this whole thing is about anyway.

Lush, this thing was about abortion.

You inject your word "soul" into the meaning and text and then ambibuously state life and death are not the only states of existance in a womb. -Then you claim only death is.

You are so jacked up. Still you refuse to believe Godly scripture, and make up your own, then try to prove it.

Newguy:The question you posed was killing -not having a soul. The answer you stated was that life does not exist before birth. You just have been proven wrong again, soul or not.

Mouthoffa:Have you ever stepped on an ant or chopped a tree or caught a fish before? If you have you are a killer as you have taken a life. Even your lord Jesus killed innocent life when he destroyed a living fig tree and living swine. Of course you both are guilty of taking LIFE and must go to hell for it.

Riggghhht. Being a jew, you don't go to hell for killing anything? Oh, thats right, you must be sacrificing things to atone for sins, right?

Whatever.

As if you know anything about Jesus. The fig tree was already explained to you.

Jesus was a Jew as well. Did you forget? your backwards thinking makes excuses for yourself and condemn Jesus when you are explaining away your man-made morality.

Why? Because you have a God complex. You have decided you can BE God by being a doctor. You have decided all humans are beneath you save those who worship you. There is not enough room in your ego for both you and God.

Jesus provides a rival for your ego, and can PROVE He is/was God. You cannot. The Bible proves He walked as God in the flesh. You reject that. It threatens your ego.

Whenever someone proves this to you, you get into some rage and personal attacks trying to climb a ladder of superiority which only reveals a miserable soul running from truth.

Don't forget your ripple.

Newguy:The relevancy is in the life......as directed by your question, is it alive? That is all your stance has declaired relevant.

Mouthoffa:By whom? You? What a joke? Your ignorant stance and you are quite irrelevant.

And again, you take something you said which I repeated back to you, and you claim I quoted it.

Are you drinking on the JOB as well?

NewGuy:pretty cool. How does THIS work then -"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."-----When he had no soul because he wasn't BORN? He must have been alive or dead, but you claim neither yet you claim not having a soul is death.

Mouthoffa:Your own bible verse proves my contention. Even before he formed man and women in the womb or even while the human was forming, the L-rd knew the soul which he would later place into the new baby once the first breath is taken. Before that the forming embryo has no more life than a bacteria, which is alive but as far as we know has no human soul. Once you were alive but now you are stupid.
The verse proves nothing on your stance. According to your logic, caesarian is not being born since it prematurely takes a baby away from the mother before potentially being fully developed. By the same token, that would mean there is no soul in a live creature.

Lemme guess. Your next statement would be: "Not true, if a doctor delivers it, he gives it a soul."

Mouthoffa:I see you don't want to know what the Bible says about this subject as that would be too much for you to grasp. It all rests in symantics and what you and anti-life people believe. It is better to kill a living doctor than to terminate a non-Soul bearing piece of flesh.

Did I say anything about it being good to kill any doctors?

It is interesting how you twist posts.
From the King James VERSION of the New Testament

Mouthoffa:
Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 7:22
All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

Exodus 21

22 "If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely [1] but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman's husband demands and the court allows.

23 But if there is serious injury (death of the pregnant woman), you are to take life for life,

Incorrectly quoting scripture again?

Lets try the correct statements:

First, anyone with a clue can see the first reference you brought up is in reference to what died in a flood, not a reference to the definition of life:

"Genesis 7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Since God breathed the life into man, this was a statement of absolute solidarity in the fact that all men and all animals by all definitions died.

You took it totally out of context and twisted it. -AGAIN.

The second statement:
"Exodus 21:21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.
22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,"

Mischief:'acown, aws-sone': of uncertain derivation; hurt:--mischief.

Mischief does not mean "death of a pregnant woman".

Gee. You did it again. Out of scripture, you derive your own twisted meaning.

1) The SOUL which is the LIFE of man occurs from the first man ADAM to every human being to this very day and only after the dust that is used to form the human body in the womb gets its life (SOUL) once it takes it's first breath.

If that were true, the Bible would say that sort of thing which I have proven to you with 4 references now that it does not.

2) If a women misscarries because she is accidentally struck by two men fighting, the penalty for loss of the non-living future human is a fine to the father because of a lost future worker but if the living (SOUL bearing woman) is killed or injured then a life has been lost and can be payed for with a 'life for a life.'

Nice rationalization. Too bad scripture doesn't say nor imply that. Your philosophy and God complex, however, demand it does so you misstate and twist scripture.

Take a deep breath now, sip your Kentucky wiskey and go the bathroom.

I don't drink. Alcohol is for the weak minded.

These facts about when a person becomes ALIVE and has that part of G-d which we call a SOUL is placed into that lump of dust or flesh.

Facts are proven information which cannot be logically proven disputed. You do not show such things.

It does not say that killing a tree is taking a life but nevertheless the tree is as alive as that embryo forming in the womb.

The life in the womb, as dictated by scripture is in relationship with God before birth. -Wether you choose to read scripture or not has no bearing on the statement contained within declairing such.

It is very possible that when Dr. Frankenstein was thinking of you when he said, "Its Alive, Its Alive!"

Really?

So you DO think doctors are gods.

I knew it.

Alcohol is for the weak minded??? I really don't even know how to respond to this judgemental statement but I'm sure its in your books somewhere.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Alcohol is for the weak minded??? I really don't even know how to respond to this judgemental statement but I'm sure its in your books somewhere.

No, it isn't. Any reason given for consuming acohol or drugs is to "relax" or experience an escape from some or all of the details of reality.

-Weak mindedness.

It is your God given choice and within law in some cases, though.

Originally posted by NewGuy
No, it isn't. Any reason given for consuming acohol or drugs is to "relax" or experience an escape from some or all of the details of reality.

-Weak mindedness.

It is your God given choice and within law in some cases, though.

I KNEW 'great taste, less filling' was a hoax :p:

seriously though, what if I drink Scotch because I like the taste?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I KNEW 'great taste, less filling' was a hoax :p:

seriously though, what if I drink Scotch because I like the taste?

'Christians' have long held onto 'traditional sins' - avoiding those which hit close to home - gluttony...pride...and attacking those which 'a good christiand would NEVER do' - drinking a beer...smoking a cigar...etc.

:-/

Frankly, Scotch tastes horrible to me - I'd only drink it to help me sleep.

:)

Originally posted by -=d=-
It's hard to believe NewGuy thinking Christ and His disciples were 'weak minded'.

:-/

Nah, I guess clarification is in order.....

I can see celebration being an excuse to allow SLIGHT escape from reality. Alcohol may have had medicinal properties then, too.

Drunkenness was condemned Biblically.

I have to believe, based on text, that any excuse to consume for any other reason which almost always results in feeding lusts of the flesh is condemned.

Today, I know of nobody who uses alcohol in correct fashion. If someone out there does, I stand corrected.

Statistically speaking, I am sure I am more accurate than not.

Nah, I guess clarification is in order.....

I can see celebration being an excuse to allow SLIGHT escape from reality. Alcohol may have had medicinal properties then, too.

Drunkenness was condemned Biblically.

I have to believe, based on text, that any excuse to consume for any other reason which almost always results in feeding lusts of the flesh is condemned.

Today, I know of nobody who uses alcohol in correct fashion. If someone out there does, I stand corrected.

Statistically speaking, I am sure I am more accurate than not.

Why are you assuming those who drink do so to get drunk?

That is your error, imnsho.

:D

Those in Christ need no 'excuse' for alcohol - no more than an excuse to be fat. Cheesecake and Alcohol 'can' feed our lusts. However, Cheesecake doesn't do NEAR the job of a 1998 Columbia Valley Zinfendal does at bringing out the flavors of Flank Stake strips w/ Chipolte/Mushroom sauce..

Why are you assuming those who drink do so to get drunk?

That is your error, imnsho.

Maybe, but it is the most prevalent example of those I have dealt with. -Verbally expressed or not, it has been the effect.

Those in Christ need no 'excuse' for alcohol - no more than an excuse to be fat. Cheesecake and Alcohol 'can' feed our lusts. However, Cheesecake doesn't do NEAR the job of a 1998 Columbia Valley Zinfendal does at bringing out the flavors of Flank Stake strips w/ Chipolte/Mushroom sauce..

True. I agree wholeheartedly.

-As a side note, I am hypoglycemic so my tolerance for those with food or alcohol addictions is a bit less than most. If I can be off of sugar for 13 years and (of course) no alcohol, I have a hard time understanding the justification FOR alcohol as used by most people.

fwiw, just a few :)

Proverbs 31
6 Give beer to those who are perishing,
wine to those who are in anguish;

Ecclesiastes 9
7 Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do.

Jeremiah 13
12 "Say to them: 'This is what the LORD , the God of Israel, says: Every wineskin should be filled with wine.'

-As a side note, I am hypoglycemic so my tolerance for those with food or alcohol addictions is a bit less than most. If I can be off of sugar for 13 years and (of course) no alcohol, I have a hard time understanding the justification FOR alcohol as used by most people.

It just tastes good - and is good FOR you...well - maybe not for 'you'...but generally, alcohol has great physical benefits, in moderation.

Just like cheesecake :)

There's nothing better than a glass of Merlot in the evening.

fwiw, just a few :)

In Proverbs, I see this:

4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:

5 Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.

6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

7 Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

In other words, there is just cause to not drink, as well as TO drink. This justifies my position.

In Ecclesiastes:

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.
8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.
9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

Again, done in celebration and joy.

In Jerimiah:
11 For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
12 Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?
13 Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.
14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

Ummm....not a reason to consume, but an illustration of what not to do with alcohol, and a prime example of what dangers it contains.

Lush, this thing was about abortion.

You inject your word "soul" into the meaning and text and then ambibuously state life and death are not the only states of existance in a womb. -Then you claim only death is. You are so jacked up. Still you refuse to believe Godly scripture, and make up your own, then try to prove it.

You apparently are the one having difficulty with life and death and what constitutes the difference between the life of a tree, a lamb and a man. It is useless to discuss the meaning of 'life' with you as you don't seem to know the definitions.

Riggghhht. Being a jew, you don't go to hell for killing anything? Oh, thats right, you must be sacrificing things to atone for sins, right? Whatever.

As for hell, Jews do not believe in the Christian concept of hell or inferno or burning in fire and brimstone. This is only a Christian concept made up to keep Christians from wandering away and not paying money to their churches. Jews atone for their sins but not to be saved from hell or heaven.

As if you know anything about Jesus. The fig tree was already explained to you.

Everyone who lives around fundamentalist Christians know everything there is to know about a man-god who like so many earlier gods did the exact same things. The fig tree episode was not explained with any degree of imderstanding. Only those who try to twist that which has only been contorted from what is real and what is written in the gospels.

Jesus was a Jew as well. Did you forget? your backwards thinking makes excuses for yourself and condemn Jesus when you are explaining away your man-made morality.

I would never would condemn or blame a Jesus Jew for stories made up about him years after he died.

Why? Because you have a God complex. You have decided you can BE God by being a doctor. You have decided all humans are beneath you save those who worship you. There is not enough room in your ego for both you and God.

Not really.... I just see those who think that their god is the way, the light and the truth. No one is below another as all men are created sinnless and equal. But some evangelical Christians consider it their business to convert others by PRETENSE or TORTURE to the man-god. Jews consider all men equal under their Creator and that there is none above others.

Jesus provides a rival for your ego, and can PROVE He is/was God. You cannot. The Bible proves He walked as God in the flesh. You reject that. It threatens your ego.

You can't even prove that you went to the bathroom this morning. No one threatens my ego as I do not think you have to believe in anything but your own savior. The Jewish Jesus supposedly walked in the flesh and then like all men went to defecate and urinate. What an unbelievable god you have there.

Whenever someone proves this to you, you get into some rage and personal attacks trying to climb a ladder of superiority which only reveals a miserable soul running from truth.

So far no one has proved anything to anyone. Just because you believe in your god proves nothing. Saying that a god walked in the flesh on earth and committed purposeful suicide for your sins make less sense. I'll reveal the truth to you but you already think you know it so I won't even try.

Don't forget your ripple. And again, you take something you said which I repeated back to you, and you claim I quoted it. Are you drinking on the JOB as well?

NO, It is time to go to the hospital again so I'll have to cut this nonsense conversation short.

Incorrectly quoting scripture again?

Lets try the correct statements:

First, anyone with a clue can see the first reference you brought up is in reference to what died in a flood, not a reference to the definition of life:[/B]

Wrong.... It is useless to discuss the words from their own bible that clearly states one thing and you want to relate it to a flood or a piece of liver. You are very foolish. You want to talk about the meaning of the English words when the Hebrew words are very clear in their meaning.

Got to run to help people... You stay and make more statements about something or other....

The alcohol calls, the physician responds.

HEY! You changed it!! :)

That guy is NOT a physician - i'd bet against it. He's not one to 'help' - has no compassion.

I guess him/her a fraud.

HEY! You changed it!! :)

That guy is NOT a physician - i'd bet against it. He's not one to 'help' - has no compassion.

I guess him/her a fraud.

Yeah, but it makes the discussion so much more fun!

Forum List

Back