Every state should have a law emphatically allowing wedding vendors to discriminate against SSM.

Every state should have a law emphatically allowing wedding vendors to discriminate against SSM.

Sure, but only if, as part of that law, the business must be required to post who they will discriminate against in all advertisements, on a sign outside the store and when they answer the phone.

"Hello, this is Sweet Cakes Bakery. We will bake cakes for divorced couples, fat couples, interfaith couples, dog couples, satanist couples (boy/girl only) but no gay couples, can I help you?"

Yes, yes, yes! Post it on the door, post it in the windows, post it on their websites, take out a billboard, and invest in neon lights. I want everyone to know from the outset who these people are who refuse to accommodate same sex couples. That way all the wedding couples can refuse to do business with them and instead do business with me.

Did you know that inclusivity is the single biggest factor to modern day engaged couples? Recent market research has shown that more than referrals from a friend, more than online reviews, even more than experience, the most common requirement that couples report as a deciding factor in hiring wedding vendors is whether the vendor is willing to serve same sex marriage clients.

Let the bigots discriminate, I wanna buy me a Bentley.

Should they also be able to discriminate against people of color, or religions they don't like? Because you can make an equally good argument for those based on the bible.

Yes. I'd be quite happy to allow them to discriminate against people for all those reasons. Mind you, I won't discriminate against anyone. Anyone who is incurring discrimination should call me immediately. I will be more than happy to accept your business.

When the discrimination circles back around to you and your family, will you feel the same?

You obviously don't know my family. We're all too bat-shit crazy for anyone to want to marry us.

I'm cool with that. We should be able to deny people the right to use a restroom if they don't know how to use one properly.

Any business should have the right to refuse service for any reason. Let people's wallets sort out who should or shouldn't be in business.
Those days are over, Grampa. As they should be. America is not free if we don't champion the equal rights of every citizen.

Should they also be able to discriminate against people of color, or religions they don't like? Because you can make an equally good argument for those based on the bible.

It's not about the bible, it's about religious freedom in general. And no, race is not the same as sexual orientation. It should be left to each state to decide if they want to allow SSM, the Feds should back the hell off.

Any business should have the right to refuse service for any reason. Let people's wallets sort out who should or shouldn't be in business.
Those days are over, Grampa. As they should be. America is not free if we don't champion the equal rights of every citizen.
Making me work for or sell something to someone I don't want to is freedom or equal rights in your eyes?

In downtown Kansas City there is a store owner who has a sign in his window that says Hillary is FUCKING crooked. People called the police on him & tried to FORCE him to take the sign down. Is that attempt to silence him an infringement on his rights or freedom?

You almost gotta laugh that the first thing on the liberal judicial agenda is to restrict freedom and punish Americans for daring to cite the Bill of Rights. No wonder they are against allowing Christians to opt out of being forced to build freakazoid and sodomite wedding cakes. Go to the other baker you freaking jierks
I still don't see why two homosexuals marrying is being viewed like a contagious disease. I still don't see why baking a cake is going to send the baker straight to hell. I think, though, based on the strong objection to the P.A. laws that is happening in this country, that we aren't ready for legislation forcing this to happen. Removing the P.A. laws, though, is a slippery slope. I don't know how we back out now without condoning discrimination against the group of our chosing.

Making me work for or sell something to someone I don't want to is freedom or equal rights in your eyes?

In downtown Kansas City there is a store owner who has a sign in his window that says Hillary is FUCKING crooked. People called the police on him & tried to FORCE him to take the sign down. Is that attempt to silence him an infringement on his rights or freedom?
No. I don't want my six year old sounding out that word as we walk by. Sorry.

I agree with you & thats why the police visited with the store owner but at the end of the visit the sign remained. Your sensibilities do not Trump his freedom of speech.

So lets take this to the next level. Should you be forced to patronize his store? Why is it he has to serve you despite his feelings about you but you don't have those same requirements?

Yes. I'd be quite happy to allow them to discriminate against people for all those reasons. Mind you, I won't discriminate against anyone. Anyone who is incurring discrimination should call me immediately. I will be more than happy to accept your business.

When the discrimination circles back around to you and your family, will you feel the same?

You obviously don't know my family. We're all too bat-shit crazy for anyone to want to marry us.

Not about marriage. If you open the door for legal discrimination, then anything is fair game.

Not about marriage. If you open the door for legal discrimination, then anything is fair game.
Anything should be fair game. It's called capitalism. The public have more power to stop a businesses bad practices dead in its tracks than any government overreach

Anything should be fair game. It's called capitalism. The public have more power to stop a businesses bad practices dead in its tracks than any government overreach

No, it's called anarchy.

No, it's called anarchy.
Lol ok Mr clueless

I agree with you & thats why the police visited with the store owner but at the end of the visit the sign remained. Your sensibilities do not Trump his freedom of speech.

So lets take this to the next level. Should you be forced to patronize his store? Why is it he has to serve you despite his feelings about you but you don't have those same requirements?
I'm glad I don't live in Kansas City. Sound like a bunch of hooligans, to me, if they don't consider the "F" word an obscenity when posted on a public buildiing. That has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
As for the "next level," your question seems kind of silly. Offering a business/service to the public doesn't require every member of the public to avail themselves of that service. That's not how offering a business/service has EVER worked, anywhere.

It's not about the bible, it's about religious freedom in general. And no, race is not the same as sexual orientation. It should be left to each state to decide if they want to allow SSM, the Feds should back the hell off.
race is not the same as sexual orientation
Sure it is. When people were forced not to discriminate against race, there was the same uproar. Trust me, it's no different.

I'm afraid we'd be right back to the Woolworth's lunch counter. I don't believe for a minute that a lot of people wouldn't take advantage.

No, it's called anarchy.

*facepalm* Of all the stupid nonsense....

Forum List

Back