Every state should have a law emphatically allowing wedding vendors to discriminate against SSM.

If the state's PA law makes the exception, then the LGBT community must sue.

Sure, that's fair.

What good are laws calling FOR discrimination against gay folk?

Not just same sex marriages, but to all marriages that do not jive with their religious beliefs. Why should an evangelical be forced to bake a cake for a Catholic wedding? Why should a Muslim be forced to bake a cake for a Jewish wedding? They shouldn't.

• Banned
What good are laws calling FOR discrimination against gay folk?

Oh, that's simple. See, I'm in the wedding industry. And I am happy to marry gay couples. Many potential clients will ask vendors about this, and will refuse a vendor who is unwilling to serve gay couples. If vendors are legally required to serve gay weddings, then every vendor will have to say yes when asked if they serve gay weddings, because they have to serve gay weddings. On the other hand, if we pass a law that allows people to discriminate, then that adds up to more business for me.

• Banned

Should they also be able to discriminate against people of color, or religions they don't like? Because you can make an equally good argument for those based on the bible.

Yes. I'd be quite happy to allow them to discriminate against people for all those reasons. Mind you, I won't discriminate against anyone. Anyone who is incurring discrimination should call me immediately. I will be more than happy to accept your business.

Not just same sex marriages, but to all marriages that do not jive with their religious beliefs. Why should an evangelical be forced to bake a cake for a Catholic wedding? Why should a Muslim be forced to bake a cake for a Jewish wedding? They shouldn't.

Yes, yes, I agree. Nobody should be forced to do it. If you are a gay Muslim who needs a wedding cake call me immediately. I will be more than happy to serve you and accept your money.

Yes, yes, I agree. Nobody should be forced to do it. If you are a gay Muslim who needs a wedding cake call me immediately. I will be more than happy to serve you and accept your money.

This fills my capitalist heart with delight. lol

And everyone thought I was being a bigot. :lol:

You almost gotta laugh that the first thing on the liberal judicial agenda is to restrict freedom and punish Americans for daring to cite the Bill of Rights. No wonder they are against allowing Christians to opt out of being forced to build freakazoid and sodomite wedding cakes. Go to the other baker you freaking jierks

And everyone thought I was being a bigot. :lol:

Not me. I am aware of your positions enough to know better.

You almost gotta laugh that the first thing on the liberal judicial agenda is to restrict freedom and punish Americans for daring to cite the Bill of Rights. No wonder they are against allowing Christians to opt out of being forced to build freakazoid and sodomite wedding cakes. Go to the other baker you freaking jierks
No, we have to laugh at this sort of rightwing ignorance and stupidity.

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional, as authorized by the Commerce Clause; they violate no one’s rights, freedoms, or liberties – including business owners.

No, we have to laugh at this sort of rightwing ignorance and stupidity.

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional, as authorized by the Commerce Clause; they violate no one’s rights, freedoms, or liberties – including business owners.
Here you go..."public accommodations laws violate no one's rights". Pretty broad statement ain't it and perfect for low information comedy channel educated lefties. Did it ever occur to the sodomite revolutionaries that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights trumps (pardon the pun) the "commerce clause"?

Oh, that's simple. See, I'm in the wedding industry. And I am happy to marry gay couples. Many potential clients will ask vendors about this, and will refuse a vendor who is unwilling to serve gay couples. If vendors are legally required to serve gay weddings, then every vendor will have to say yes when asked if they serve gay weddings, because they have to serve gay weddings. On the other hand, if we pass a law that allows people to discriminate, then that adds up to more business for me.

Or you could get more business by simply providing superior service... you know, the way really successful businesses do.

Forum List

Back