Ever wonder what Muslims think about the mosque near Ground Zero?

More than one.

Since I did not write the analogy I do not need to defend it, but I do think you are selling it short. If these people were about making amends they would build a memorial with their money, and place their mosque somewhere else. A bit like what happened when that nutcase shot up that McDonald's in San Ysidro a few years ago.

you seem to be missing the muslim tradition of building a mosque on top of conquered ground.

I agree with you Syrenn, good point.........

is that better? :lol:

You know, I don't really care what any religious group believes or teaches or what their criteria is for admission to the club. I just want to be left alone to believe or teach or admit whatever and whomever I wish.

But I am no respector of religion or politics or social activism or whatever that intentionally mocks, hurts, or defames other people because they believe differently. And I cannot respect a religious group that thinks putting a 13-story Mosque a stones throw from ground zero is respectful or appropriate.

who the fuck decided that their building MUST be respectful to anyone other than their religious prerogative? Was a law passed or something that all building around ground zero must observe and be dedicated to the memory of 9/11? No? Get over it. 9 months after it's built, assuming some asshole christian doesn't ironically blow it up, you've forget all about it.

I am not claiming it must be, I am just calling out the lie that it is not disrespectful. In other words, I fully support their right to do what they want, I just do not support you claiming I do not have the right to see it as the offense and provocation it is.

I've yet to see anyone trying to sell the idea of the mosque as something that respects anything other than the muslim faith.

and, by all means, see it how you want to. If, similarly, you want to see ******* dating white women as apocalyptic too then have at it. It's all in your mind anyway.

More than one.

Since I did not write the analogy I do not need to defend it, but I do think you are selling it short. If these people were about making amends they would build a memorial with their money, and place their mosque somewhere else. A bit like what happened when that nutcase shot up that McDonald's in San Ysidro a few years ago.

you seem to be missing the muslim tradition of building a mosque on top of conquered ground.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

one point for conhog

who the fuck decided that their building MUST be respectful to anyone other than their religious prerogative? Was a law passed or something that all building around ground zero must observe and be dedicated to the memory of 9/11? No? Get over it. 9 months after it's built, assuming some asshole christian doesn't ironically blow it up, you've forget all about it.

There is no law involved Shogun, or more accurately the law allows them to build anywhere they can get a permit. We aren't talking about law now. We are talking about human feelings and courtesy.

It would be no different than if Christian built a huge Cathedral or religious center at or beside the site of an Islamic massacre during the Crusades or some other conflict as a symbol of Christianity's superiority. It would not be respectful nor appreciated.

Sometimes it is the right thing to do to choose not to do something even though it is legal.

We propped up exactly that with the creation is israel. Do you see anyone making sensitivity appeals to jews about how a pali must feal? Give me a fucking break. The ONLY reason this is being discussed is because christians have felt, for too long apparently, as they are the only kid who can freely pull from the cookie jar. Sorry, what YOU think is right means nothing. This isn't even about sensitivity anymore; this is about chaffing at the idea that muslims IN GENERAL are not being told to stay in their (subjugated) place in America.

Talk to me about sensitivity after you rail on and on about catholics and their schools this side of so many sore child asses.

Every day of the week. These are the same people who ignore the declared fact that Hamas wants to destroy Israel, and wants them to sit down with them and give up land for more rockets.

Why is always the people that oppose the radicals that are wrong?

"In a speech for the ages, Mayor Bloomberg succinctly framed the issue saying:

Whatever you may think of the proposed mosque and community center, lost in the heat of the debate has been a basic question: Should government attempt to deny private citizens the right to build a house of worship on private property based on their particular religion? That may happen in other countries, but we should never allow it to happen here.
Mayor Bloomberg drew attention to an often-ignored fact:

Let us not forget that Muslims were among those murdered on 9/11, and that our Muslim neighbors grieved with us as New Yorkers and as Americans. ... Muslims are as much a part of our city and our country as the people of any faith. And they are as welcome to worship in lower Manhattan as any other group. In fact, they have been worshiping at the site for better, the better part of a year, as is their right.

Perhaps the boldest stance was taken by Newsweek and CNN's Fareed Zakaria when he returned an award he had received from ADL in 2005. He urged ADL to reverse its decision and refuted its arguments by rhetorically questioning, "Does Foxman believe that bigotry is OK if people think they're victims? Does the anguish of Palestinians, then, entitle them to be anti-Semitic?" He then went on to mount a practical defense of the Cordoba Center, noting:

If there is going to be a reformist movement in Islam, it is going to emerge from places like the proposed institute. We should be encouraging groups like the one behind this project, not demonizing them. Were this mosque being built in a foreign city, chances are that the U.S. government would be funding it."
Parvez Ahmed: Any Common Ground in the 'Ground Zero Mosque' Debate?

Mayor Bloomberg is an idiot that is half right, and all wrong.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

one point for conhog

Just wanted you to know how I felt.

I have a question about that picture that was posted earlier to, that dude on the right witht the gray shirt that says gay on it? When did Harry Potter start hating fags?

WTF...

Isa in the Koran is a prophet of Allah. The Koran just does not accept that he died for man's sins.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise.”[Qur'an 4:157–158]

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.”[Qur'an 43:61]

Mr. Fitnah has been struggling with serious mental health issues. It's best to play along with his delusions; he gets pretty fussy when he's confronted with reality. All we can do is pray that he'll get better some day.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2598404-post26.html

I'd like to know the answers to that myself.

The context expressed quite well:

Muslims have always built mosques on the sites of their conquests. The Prophet Muhammad himself made the Ka'aba, a pagan pantheon, into a mosque after he captured Mecca in 630 CE. The Al Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem was deliberately built near the Temple Mount, the holiest places in Judaism. The Ummayad mosque in Damascus was built on the site of the Church of Saint John. Babri mosque in Ayodhya, India was built by demolishing a Hindu temple at the site of Hinduism's Lord Rama's birthplace. They built mosques on the sites of thousands of temples throughout India.

The request to build a mosque near the site of the World Trade Center is not accidental. It is astute and deliberate, as is the decision to call the place Cordoba House. Cordoba is city in Spain that resonates mightily in Muslim history. It was the capital of the Islamic empire in Spain. It was the place where Islam established its first caliphate in Europe. The Grand Cordoba Mosque was built where a Visigoth Christian church stood.

American Thinker Blog: The Ground Zero Mosque and Conquest

Park51 is a planned monument to an Islamic Victory. To allow such trophy building near Ground Zero is insane and self-destructive.

The issue is not would they allow people in, but would they allow them to worship. Since the claim was made that a mosque can accommodate Christians and Jews, not just allow them to walk through the front door, I am going to point out that it is not based in reality.

You are confusing the current state of affairs in the so-called Muslim world with the actual tenets of the religion. A mosque that refuses to accommodate Christians or Jews when no other place of worship is available has failed in its duty to emulate the Prophet (SAWS).

Mind you, all visitors to mosques should be properly covered and it would be inappropriate for Christians and Muslims to pray in the same area at the same time.

There is no law involved Shogun, or more accurately the law allows them to build anywhere they can get a permit. We aren't talking about law now. We are talking about human feelings and courtesy.

It would be no different than if Christian built a huge Cathedral or religious center at or beside the site of an Islamic massacre during the Crusades or some other conflict as a symbol of Christianity's superiority. It would not be respectful nor appreciated.

Sometimes it is the right thing to do to choose not to do something even though it is legal.

We propped up exactly that with the creation is israel. Do you see anyone making sensitivity appeals to jews about how a pali must feal? Give me a fucking break. The ONLY reason this is being discussed is because christians have felt, for too long apparently, as they are the only kid who can freely pull from the cookie jar. Sorry, what YOU think is right means nothing. This isn't even about sensitivity anymore; this is about chaffing at the idea that muslims IN GENERAL are not being told to stay in their (subjugated) place in America.

Talk to me about sensitivity after you rail on and on about catholics and their schools this side of so many sore child asses.

Every day of the week. These are the same people who ignore the declared fact that Hamas wants to destroy Israel, and wants them to sit down with them and give up land for more rockets.

Why is always the people that oppose the radicals that are wrong?

because your hatred and intolerance and outright lust for vilifying and invalidating CREATES radicalism. But, you already knew that after having to make excuses for cast lead civilian deaths so.. tell me more about SENSITIVITY again, asshole.

Muslims have always built mosques on the sites of their conquests. The Prophet Muhammad himself made the Ka'aba, a pagan pantheon, into a mosque after he captured Mecca in 630 CE. The Al Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem was deliberately built near the Temple Mount, the holiest places in Judaism. The Ummayad mosque in Damascus was built on the site of the Church of Saint John. Babri mosque in Ayodhya, India was built by demolishing a Hindu temple at the site of Hinduism's Lord Rama's birthplace. They built mosques on the sites of thousands of temples throughout India.

The request to build a mosque near the site of the World Trade Center is not accidental. It is astute and deliberate, as is the decision to call the place Cordoba House. Cordoba is city in Spain that resonates mightily in Muslim history. It was the capital of the Islamic empire in Spain. It was the place where Islam established its first caliphate in Europe. The Grand Cordoba Mosque was built where a Visigoth Christian church stood.

Park51 is a planned monument to an Islamic Victory. To allow such trophy building near Ground Zero is insane and self-destructive.

Bull.

Here's some information about the Cordoba Initiative.
http://www.cordobainitiative.org/?q=content/our-mission

Last edited:
I'm trying to find some indication that Christians support this mosque. I haven't found much so far. Why is that? More than half of NYC residents agree that the project would promote tolerance or, at least, are willing to listen to the idea.

Why is you want to talk about religious tolerance yet refuse to accept Christians as being tolerant?

Back and Forth on Ground Zero Mosque -- Christian Blogs | Everyday Christian

Mosque Near Ground Zero? Why Not? | Think Christian

Your problem is not that Christians are intolerant, it is that you are. Remember your thread about hatred and how it is holding a grudge in the belief you are right? That is exactly what you are doing.

Mr. Fitnah has been struggling with serious mental health issues. It's best to play along with his delusions; he gets pretty fussy when he's confronted with reality. All we can do is pray that he'll get better some day.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2598404-post26.html

I'd like to know the answers to that myself.

Sorry, I don't have religious discussions with the mentally ill or those who openly favor criminalizing my religion in the United States. Even if I did decide to throw Mr. Fitnah a bone, he'd respond with his usual mess of copy-pasted gibberish and the discussion would go nowhere. If you have questions of your own, I'll answer them to the best of my abilities; anything Mr. Fitnah posts will be disregarded as usual.

Bull.

Here's some information about the Cordoba Initiative.
Our Mission | Cordoba

It's pure propaganda pablum to serve up to the gullible.

I saw people praying. Are you under the impression that there are "secret" areas?
Muslims honor Jesus, as a prophet, but not the son of God.
The Koran mentions Mary, mother of Jesus.
Islam reinvents "Jesus" in mohammads image, this is not an act that can be considered an" honor".

The odds that Jesus was more likely a prophet than the actual son of God are pretty good.

I guess the Jews dishonor Jesus too.

That would mean you believe in prophets, and God. It would also mean that Jesus lied when he claimed to be the Son of God, which would make him ineligible to be a prophet.

That is what happens when amateurs attempt to twist words to make themselves look intelligent.

I'm trying to find some indication that Christians support this mosque. I haven't found much so far. Why is that? More than half of NYC residents agree that the project would promote tolerance or, at least, are willing to listen to the idea.

Why is you want to talk about religious tolerance yet refuse to accept Christians as being tolerant?

Back and Forth on Ground Zero Mosque -- Christian Blogs | Everyday Christian

Mosque Near Ground Zero? Why Not? | Think Christian

Your problem is not that Christians are intolerant, it is that you are. Remember your thread about hatred and how it is holding a grudge in the belief you are right? That is exactly what you are doing.
Thanks for putting up a couple of articles about Christians who support the Cordoba Center.

My comment is that I have had a hard time finding such articles.

We Muslims know the Ground Zero mosque is meant to be a deliberate provocation

Do they not understand that building a mosque at Ground Zero is equivalent to permitting a Serbian Orthodox church near the killing fields of Srebrenica where 8,000 Muslim men and boys were slaughtered? There are many questions that we would like to ask. Questions about where the funding is coming from? If this mosque is being funded by Saudi sources, then it is an even bigger slap in the face of Americans, as nine of the jihadis in the Twin Tower calamity were Saudis.
If Rauf is serious about building bridges, then he could have dedicated space in this so-called community centre to a church and synagogue, but he did not. We passed on this message to him through a mutual Saudi friend, but received no answer. He could have proposed a memorial to the 9/11 dead with a denouncement of the doctrine of armed jihad, but he chose not to.
Mischief in Manhattan

Muslim Raheel Raza speaks out against Ground Zero Mosque on O’Reilly- The Right Scoop

As I have said before, there is no way I can support any effort to stop them, especially one that comes from the government. That does not change the fact that what they are doing is offensive, or that is it meant to be offensive. They view America as foolish and weak because we allow them to build this mosque where they attacked us. Let us remember why they are doing it, and allow the truth behind their actions to strengthen us and serve as a warning to us about their real purpose.

It's irrelevant.

And shouldn't your thread title be, ever wonder what a Muslim thinks about the mosque near ground zero?

Only if I ignore that fact that the article was written by two people, both of whom are Muslim.

:cuckoo:

Mischief in Manhattan

Muslim Raheel Raza speaks out against Ground Zero Mosque on O’Reilly- The Right Scoop

As I have said before, there is no way I can support any effort to stop them, especially one that comes from the government. That does not change the fact that what they are doing is offensive, or that is it meant to be offensive. They view America as foolish and weak because we allow them to build this mosque where they attacked us. Let us remember why they are doing it, and allow the truth behind their actions to strengthen us and serve as a warning to us about their real purpose.

It's irrelevant.

And shouldn't your thread title be, ever wonder what a Muslim thinks about the mosque near ground zero?

Only if I ignore that fact that the article was written by two people, both of whom are Muslim.

LOL I'm glad you found two Muslims to agree with you.

Would gays kissing be tolerated in church?

Irrelevant. The church is not making claims to be open to gays, and they generally do not permit non gays to kiss either. Nice attempt at looking intelligent.

:lol:

nice waffle, puss. We get it already, what is good for you is not good for evil, satanic mooooslims.

:rolleyes:

As far as I know mosques do not allow kissing either. They usually do not even allow men and women to worship together. What exactly is your point anyway?

Forum List

Back