Basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis, golf

They all have their own championships outside of the Olympics
good point ....now that you mention it--I do agree
IMO the Olympics are events--not ream sports

so they have the Luge--feet first and the Skeleton--head first
!!!???
they still look like the same--bobsledding only on a smaller sled
these 3 appear boring to me
Luge, bobsled, skeleton: What's the difference? Burning Sochi questions answered

Boring to watch but probably pretty fun to do! :D

I think they look cool and their uniforms make them look like Marvel Super Heroes

IronManSkeleton.jpg

Last edited:
There's more action then bowling.

I like to bowl but I wouldn't want to watch it on TV! My grandfather used to watch bowling on TV sometimes and golf (also quite boring to watch except for some of the incredible shots!).
mu father used to be a big bowler....I remember watching it on TV when there wasn't much on
....but it's not as popular now

I loved bowling when I was stationed overseas. Every military installation has a bowling alley and there are tons of leagues to join.
still? yes--I would've bowled if our base had one, but it was a small base
now that you mention it, my best pal in the USMC liked to bowl
---we did go bowling when he got out....but I can't remember if it was on base or off, because it was at the time his wife was still in the service..... I used to drive to go visit them

Bowling is fun just not very exciting for watching! I like candle pin bowling.

It's really a great activity. Seriously, though, who just sets up to watch bowling. I'd rather watch the grass grow, or a shadow on a sundial; at least there there might be squirrels. Yeesh!
I've never done candle pin bowling. Bumper bowling's a laugh.

anything that needs judges is not a sport:
figure skating
the diving events
etc
it should just be the fastest, farthest, highest, etc
..and then they added beach volleyball when there already was a volleyball event
morons.....

The sport is in how athletic it is; it isn't about judges. All of those sports you don't want in the Olympics are very athletic. Bet you couldn't compete in them. The people competing are highly developed athletes, train for hours a day and should not be denied the privilege of competing just because someone with a small mind & tunnel vision thinks they are not real sports.

Last edited:
figure skating
the diving events
etc
..and then they added beach volleyball when there already was a volleyball event
morons.....

Soooooooooooooo no room for grace huh.
these figure skaters are just dancing around
You are completely wrong. They are highly trained atheletes who are so physically fit they could easily kick your ass, and I mean both the women and the men. You, and most people, are pansies comparied to figure skaters.

Curling. An Olympic 'sport'? And what is with the name, curling.

That whole thing is so weird. It's like shuffle board played with boulders and you have two angry people with brooms screaming at the boulder as they sweep in front of it as it slides down the ice. "Slide! Slide right! Slide right! No slide left, left left!! You are a disgrace of a rock! GO GO GO GO GO STOOOOOP!" Dull thud.

No kidding it looks and sounds like college students in Scandinavia who are drunk as hell at 2 AM and go find a frozen lake and slide boulders across it. AND it is in the Olympics! I don't see the Greeks 2,000 years ago doing such a thing.

There has to be a defense for it to be a sport. Someone has to be prevention you from meeting your goal; someone who can adapt as you do. Figure skating, diving, swimming, those things are not sports. Golf is not a sport. Football is a sport. Yet, I don't think The Olympics are about sports as much as physical human capabilities.
So track and field...not a sport?

There's no valid way to prevent your opponent from succeeding.
It's a competition.

Sure there is. If you do it better, faster, ect, your opponent does not succeed.

figure skating
the diving events
etc
morons.....
You don't like beach volley ball?

I'm not saying you're gay.

I'm just saying you must really like sucking dick

Curling. An Olympic 'sport'? And what is with the name, curling.

That whole thing is so weird. It's like shuffle board played with boulders and you have two angry people with brooms screaming at the boulder as they sweep in front of it as it slides down the ice. "Slide! Slide right! Slide right! No slide left, left left!! You are a disgrace of a rock! GO GO GO GO GO STOOOOOP!" Dull thud.

No kidding it looks and sounds like college students in Scandinavia who are drunk as hell at 2 AM and go find a frozen lake and slide boulders across it. AND it is in the Olympics! I don't see the Greeks 2,000 years ago doing such a thing.
It actually takes a great deal of skill to pull off some of those shots.

not sure what the sweepers are actually doing to the ice though

Forum List

Back