events that should not be in Olympics

anything that needs judges is not a sport:
figure skating
the diving events
etc
it should just be the fastest, farthest, highest, etc
..and then they added beach volleyball when there already was a volleyball event
morons.....

My mind was strictly on the winter Olympics and so when I read "the diving events" it provided quite the cartoonish mental image.

I tend to agree with your opinion. What would you do with gymnastics? For me I can't see the Olympics without it but it's the exception to your rule in that the winner is based on judgement.

Last edited:
anything that needs judges is not a sport:
figure skating
the diving events
etc
it should just be the fastest, farthest, highest, etc
..and then they added beach volleyball when there already was a volleyball event
morons.....

My mind was strictly on the winter Olympics and so when I read "the diving events" it provided quite the cartoonish mental image.

I tend to agree with your opinion. What would you do with gymnastics? For me I can't see the Olympics without it but it's the exception to your rule in that the winner is based on judgement.
I enjoy watching the floor gymnastics
aren't they all won by judges giving points?

In the skating events, they have these little lights under the names of the competitions. Green, yellow, and red. One team gets all greens but a lower score than one with three yellows. What the hell is that all about?

In the skating events, they have these little lights under the names of the competitions. Green, yellow, and red. One team gets all greens but a lower score than one with three yellows. What the hell is that all about?
IDK
the Luge stuff looks kind of boring, almost like bobsleds

innate skill

That's an oxymoron.

I agree with the the OP for the most part. I think that when a sport, activity ventures too far into the artistic then there should be limitations.
For example; fagure skating. There are both technical and artistic scores for the participants. This leaves a huge grey area which to manipulate and inject any range of bias.

innate skill

That's an oxymoron.

I agree with the the OP for the most part. I think that when a sport, activity ventures too far into the artistic then there should be limitations.
For example; fagure skating. There are both technical and artistic scores for the participants. This leaves a huge grey area which to manipulate and inject any range of bias.

I don't disagree. It is something like an oxymoron, isn't it? I could have used better language. A skill is something one learns and therefor is not innate. What about: "innate ability", "realized potential", "cultivated skill"? What about "intrinsic skill"? "Developed skill"?
Really...It's an innate ability developed into a skill and perfected that the Olympics use as proof for our human capability.

innate skill

That's an oxymoron.

I don't disagree. It is something like an oxymoron, isn't it? I could have used better language. A skill is something one learns and therefor is not innate. What about: "innate ability", "realized potential", "cultivated skill"? What about "intrinsic skill"? "Developed skill"?
Really...It's an innate ability developed into a skill and perfected that the Olympics use as proof for our human capability.
Yeah, innate ability is accurate because the word ability does not necessarily indicate something taught or learned. A cheetah, for example, has the ability to run 60mph.

Well, it took a bit but I finally got my mind about those green, yellow, red dots in the upper left hand corner of my screen. And it shows just how much individual discretion is involved in the technical scores given for performances. How on earth can someone with three yellows and a red score anywhere close to someone with all greens?

Is this for real? Looks just so wrong.

upload_2018-2-15_18-58-8.png

Winter Olympics: Doubles luge is raising a lot of questions, and we have answers

now we have another ''wardrobe malfunction'' in the figure skating
???? they are flying and twirling/spinning/etc ...you would think they would be buttoned up

This has to be the MOST boring sport ever!

There's more action then bowling.

I like to bowl but I wouldn't want to watch it on TV! My grandfather used to watch bowling on TV sometimes and golf (also quite boring to watch except for some of the incredible shots!).
mu father used to be a big bowler....I remember watching it on TV when there wasn't much on
....but it's not as popular now

I like to bowl but I wouldn't want to watch it on TV! My grandfather used to watch bowling on TV sometimes and golf (also quite boring to watch except for some of the incredible shots!).
mu father used to be a big bowler....I remember watching it on TV when there wasn't much on

I loved bowling when I was stationed overseas. Every military installation has a bowling alley and there are tons of leagues to join.

I loved bowling when I was stationed overseas. Every military installation has a bowling alley and there are tons of leagues to join.
still? yes--I would've bowled if our base had one, but it was a small base
now that you mention it, my best pal in the USMC liked to bowl
---we did go bowling when he got out....but I can't remember if it was on base or off, because it was at the time his wife was still in the service..... I used to drive to go visit them

still? yes--I would've bowled if our base had one, but it was a small base
now that you mention it, my best pal in the USMC liked to bowl
---we did go bowling when he got out....but I can't remember if it was on base or off, because it was at the time his wife was still in the service..... I used to drive to go visit them

Bowling is fun just not very exciting for watching! I like candle pin bowling.

Forum List

Back