Even now, plans under way for Obama national holiday

poop.jpg

Its not for Obama, its for the symbolism of what the day means based on history.

Hell, we give Columbus a holiday and he never even got to America, he's the most overrated man in history. Give me a break

Its not for Obama, its for the symbolism of what the day means based on history.

Hell, we give Columbus a holiday and he never even got to America, he's the most overrated man in history. Give me a break

I think Obama's election will fit easily into Black history MONTH , don't you ?

I think Obama's election will fit easily into Black history MONTH , don't you ?

Great, lets take all black achievements and put them in February. You know, black achievements have helped this country in all 12 months, not just one month. Black history is all of our history - its called AMERICAN HISTORY

None of you on this board(including me) are nearly as smart or as impactfull as MLK jr, you best remember that

Umm, I believe Blacks have a whole month devoted to them

Is there any month specifcally desginated towards White History?

Even though it is kinda amusing how they agve blacks the shortest month of the year, even when they get an extra day every 4 years

Great, lets take all black achievements and put them in February. You know, black achievements have helped this country in all 12 months, not just one month. Black history is all of our history - its called AMERICAN HISTORY

None of you on this board(including me) are nearly as smart or as impactfull as MLK jr, you best remember that

odd that people who profess to be anti-racist insist on having a whole month dedicated to Americans of one race ONLY don't you think?

Even though it is kinda amusing how they agve blacks the shortest month of the year, even when they get an extra day every 4 years

I think in school every month is white history month...

I believe that's why it was originally formulated, to specifically celebrate the achievements of African Americans in school because the history books didn't really delve into their contributions.

gee... I wish I was black...then I could proudly and say things like pride and my race,my people , heritage.. all in the same sentence !..and it would be ok !...ya it would be cool to be black..then I could call all my buddys ...my nigga...man..that would be cool !

Why is it if a black man says I'm black and I'm proud it is looked at as a positive
Yet, if I yelled I'm white and i'm proud I would be labeled a racist and part of the KKK

I think in school every month is white history month...

I believe that's why it was originally formulated, to specifically celebrate the achievements of African Americans in school because the history books didn't really delve into their contributions.

You might THINK that but you're wrong. There is no racial tag or inference to the other 11 months out of the year and they are not celebrated to honor white contributions to American history.

Why is it if a black man says I'm black and I'm proud it is looked at as a positive
Yet, if I yelled I'm white and i'm proud I would be labeled a racist and part of the KKK

Because white people were never enslaved for hundreds of years and come from places all over the world... black people originate from one country...errr... continent.. sorry Sarah Palin.

yes

Irish-American Heritage Month, 2008

A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

White House

Since the earliest days of our Republic, Irish Americans have enriched our culture with their faith, values, and hard work. During the month of March, we celebrate the contributions of Americans who trace their ancestry back to Ireland's shores.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 2008 as Irish-American Heritage Month. I call upon all Americans to observe this month by celebrating the contributions of Irish Americans to our Nation.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-ninth day of February, in the year of our Lord two thousand eight, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-second.

GEORGE W. BUSH

Irish-American Heritage Month, 2008

I believe there are holidays for Italian-americans, greek-americans, and virtually every "white" ethnic group you can imagine.

Forum List

Back