Even now, plans under way for Obama national holiday

Well, why should they.

It's not like White citizens have done anything to improve this country

How about every month is including February. I teach American History and every month is "white" history month and every month is "black" history month because I teach AMERICAN HISTORY and thats all of it

Umm, I believe Blacks have a whole month devoted to them

Is there any month specifcally desginated towards White History?

Even though it is kinda amusing how they agve blacks the shortest month of the year, even when they get an extra day every 4 years

Yep, its very amusing to people like you isn't it. Why can't some of you seem to grasp the notion that our history is responsible for why things are the way they are? We have a black history month because we erased so much of it during the times of slavery and now, even though I'm against it personally, its still there because of that.

I think we teach American History everyday and include the accomplishments and negative aspects of everyone in the country

That's weird. Andrew demanded to know if there are any months or holidays dedicated to "white" ethnic history.

When it was provided, he seems to have dissapeared.

Here's another one.

October is Italian-American History Month

October is Italian American Heritage Month

Actually douchebag, I was driving to a client office. Nice try.

OO yes, I remember about how we learned about Irish and Italian month of heritage during school

I think in school every month is white history month...

I believe that's why it was originally formulated, to specifically celebrate the achievements of African Americans in school because the history books didn't really delve into their contributions.

I learned about plenty of African American inventors, writers, politicians, soldiers, and revolutionaries in high school.

Also, keep in mind that American history books in high school also makes blacks think the civil war was fought over their freedom. How naive.

I learned about plenty of African American inventors, writers, politicians, soldiers, and revolutionaries in high school.

He's African American? Is it just me or did anybody else expect him to walk off his plane turn around and shout, "KLAATU, BARATA NIKTO"?

Because white people were never enslaved for hundreds of years and come from places all over the world... black people originate from one country...errr... continent.. sorry Sarah Palin.
Neither were you!!!
The first slaves were white ... well light skinned anyway
All blacks or coloreds dont come from africa

afro american to be politically correct ... why? either you are american or you arent its simple. It was just a way to appease them by not using the word ******.

Last edited:
Did you bother reading the link?

March is Irish-American month.

Feburary is African-American month.

There's holidays for italian-americans and other "white" ethnic groups.

Except Irish and Italian aren't ethnicities. They're nationalities.

To declare a month celebrating the country from which your family originated is NOT the same as declaring a month celebrating your color, for God's sake.

Why is this so difficult for people to grasp?

Please show me any black person in this country living who has been enslaved and has been picking cotton.

It's one thing to remember what happened in the past, it's another to give current blacks any sympathy for something that none of them experienced but use as a crutch.

Further, why is it so difficult to understand that declaring such things as "black day" or "black month" does nothing but increase racism, rather than eliminating it?

Obama was elected less than a week ago..and already I have received e-mail about vamping up affirmative action.

No offense to the Barack Obama supporters here but this is a bit premature and at this point in time while I realize that the election of Barack Obama is historical in many ways and his win was memorable for all of his supporters. He has not done anything to merit such a day yet other than get elected and I submit , even Richard Nixon did that twice, and last I checked there is no Richard Nixon holiday for the man who opened the door to China. So perhaps its a little too early for this?

No offense to the Barack Obama supporters here but this is a bit premature and at this point in time while I realize that the election of Barack Obama is historical in many ways and his win was memorable for all of his supporters. He has not done anything to merit such a day yet other than get elected and I submit , even Richard Nixon did that twice, and last I checked there is no Richard Nixon holiday for the man who opened the door to China. So perhaps its a little too early for this?

I agree. Excellent points. I think Obama should share President's day with Lincoln and Washington.

Further, why is it so difficult to understand that declaring such things as "black day" or "black month" does nothing but increase racism, rather than eliminating it?

Obama was elected less than a week ago..and already I have received e-mail about vamping up affirmative action.

EXACTLY!!!!

but it has NOTHING to do with race!!

I agree. Excellent points. I think Obama should share President's day with Lincoln and Washington.

Maybe if he accomplishes anything worth while ... not just because the color of his skin!

Neither were you!!!
The first slaves were white ... well light skinned anyway
All blacks or coloreds dont come from africa

The first slaves with the Hebrews. You know, Egypt, Passover, Burning Bush, the Pyramids, etc.?

I think we have to give the Asian American's, Latino's, Indian American,s etc, they are due before the African American's get another. Fair is fair.

Forum List

Back