Even Liberal Elities Concede Obama's Admin is Crumbling

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Democrats in Congress are no longer asking themselves whether this is going to be a bad election year for them and their party. They are asking whether it is going to be a disaster. The GOP pushed deep into Democratic-held territory over the summer, to the point where the party is well within range of picking up the 39 seats it would need to take control of the House. Overall, as many as 80 House seats could be at risk, and fewer than a dozen of these are held by Republicans.

Political handicappers now say it is conceivable that the Republicans could also win the 10 seats they need to take back the Senate. Not since 1930 has the House changed hands without the Senate following suit.

Is this a piece from National Review, The Weekly Standard, The Wall Street Journal or Fox News.com, all major conservative news outlets in the United States? No. It’s a direct quote from yesterday’s Washington Post, usually viewed by conservatives as a flagship of the liberal establishment inside the Beltway. The fact The Post is reporting that not only could Republicans sweep the House of Representatives this November, but may even take the Senate as well, is a reflection of just how far the mainstream, overwhelmingly left-of-centre US media has moved in the last month towards acknowledging the scale of the crisis facing the White House.

To its credit, The Washington Post has generally been ahead of the curve compared to its main competitors such as The New York Times in reporting President Obama’s travails, but its striking front page coverage of the “Democrats’ plight” and talk of a possible GOP Senate win (regarded as fantasy just a fortnight ago) was a bold step for a publication that is probably read in every office of the Obama administration

Even America's liberal elites concede that Obama's Presidency is crumbling – Telegraph Blogs

Remember when Obama told Democrats who brought up the specter of 1994 (in regards to passing socialized healthcare), and Obama told the difference is "you have me!"

What a narcissistic ego! :lol::lol::lol:

Well, that's no longer an asset for the Democrats. People are getting pretty fed up. They know it's time to clean house of the Washington Elites who has treated their own voters with contempt for the last two years.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I usually dismiss blogs but the Telegraph is known for having really, really smart bloggers. Nile is one very bright guy.

At this point people who deny completely the possibility of the House changing hands look like Karl Rove back in 2006 when he predicted the GOP would hold the House and Senate.

The House could change hands. At the very least, the very least, the GOP will cut down the Democratic majority to something razor thin. If they manage not to implode before November, they'll probably take the House. There are lots of other variables in play that can still trump the general negative opinions out there of Congress. Among them are the local politics (in the midterms all elections are local), the incumbent's natural advantages, and the question of how the Tea Party will appeal to moderates and independents. Even with this, GOP is in the position of strength on national level.

The Senate is trickier and less likely to flip. Examining the actual seats that are up for election shows that the GOP would have a tough uphill battle to win the Senate. If they manage to catch the breaks that the DNC caught in 2006 and 2008, it is theoretically possible, but unlikely.

Part of why the DNC is in trouble is that Obama has turned out to not be strong enough to lead the DNC or stand up to Pelosi, not to mention Harry Reid may just be the weakest Senate Majority Leader in a good long time. I suspect that a GOP Congress and a DNC White House may be the best scenario we've had in years. It worked for Newt and Clinton.

What I don't want to see it one party control ever again. If failed under Bush/DeLay/Frist, and its failing under Obama/Pelosi/Reid.

Well, they sank a lot of capital on this guy... and he is a dud.. BIG TIME. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

Well, that's no longer an asset for the Democrats. People are getting pretty fed up. They know it's time to clean house of the Washington Elites who has treated their own voters with contempt for the last two years.

When you say the Washington Elites, do you refer to only the Democrats or that includes all the Republicans as well?

At this point people who deny completely the possibility of the House changing hands look like Karl Rove back in 2006 when he predicted the GOP would hold the House and Senate.

The House could change hands. At the very least, the very least, the GOP will cut down the Democratic majority to something razor thin. If they manage not to implode before November, they'll probably take the House. There are lots of other variables in play that can still trump the general negative opinions out there of Congress. Among them are the local politics (in the midterms all elections are local), the incumbent's natural advantages, and the question of how the Tea Party will appeal to moderates and independents. Even with this, GOP is in the position of strength on national level.

The Senate is trickier and less likely to flip. Examining the actual seats that are up for election shows that the GOP would have a tough uphill battle to win the Senate. If they manage to catch the breaks that the DNC caught in 2006 and 2008, it is theoretically possible, but unlikely.

Part of why the DNC is in trouble is that Obama has turned out to not be strong enough to lead the DNC or stand up to Pelosi, not to mention Harry Reid may just be the weakest Senate Majority Leader in a good long time. I suspect that a GOP Congress and a DNC White House may be the best scenario we've had in years. It worked for Newt and Clinton.

What I don't want to see it one party control ever again. If failed under Bush/DeLay/Frist, and its failing under Obama/Pelosi/Reid.
Traditionally, the "loyal" opposition gets advances during off-year elections. Would not be surprising at all. Anyone who doesn't see the possibility is fooling themselves. However, with some of the loony toon candidates being brought forth by the Republicans, I wonder how large those gains will be.

Clearly the Dems are in trouble.

The continued economic disaster makes leading less than fun, I imagine.

Sadly neither party advances the remedies that will change this economy quickly enough for most American families and businesses.

Neither advances those remedies because both parties are beholden to the very people who caused the problem.

When you say the Washington Elites, do you refer to only the Democrats or that includes all the Republicans as well?

I was also wondering who these Elites are as well.

It isn't looking good for November for sure however Obama is out there firing up Democrats so perhaps it won't be as damaging as the party of no thinks.

Going into his election cycle, having the Republicans in charge of the House might not be a negative thing. They may take over but I'd suggest they get ready to work and not hang out golfing or at happy hour, this opportunity could be fleeting. Boehner just doesn't seem too on the ball, imo.

For 2 years, Obama has the Veto and the opportunity to lead. We'll see how everything goes.

What took em so long? I knew this a long time ago. The only success this President has had is dividing the people by turning American against American. Most people i talk to will never forget or forgive him for calling Arizonans racist and suing them. The Democrats continue to dismiss this and down-play the American Peoples' anger over this. I guess they'll see on Election Day. He turned on his own people and sided with the Mexican Government and Illegals. How can this be forgiven? The Democrats' endless Race-Baiting and Class Warfare has become pretty annoying and stale to most common sense thinking Americans. It's time for real change. Make it happen America. Get out and vote.

If O has anything upstairs, he'll work with the R's as Clinton did in the 90's. We'll see if his ego allows it or if he screams and whines even more.

Oh no, he will veto any attempt to reverse healthcare or to take up tax cuts for the rich or any extreme agenda these people dream up. They don't have a friend in the WH like Newt did. :lol:

Bill would take any opportunity to make friends, he was a people pleaser and loved positive attention. Obama is at a point where he will be fighting anything that isn't beneficial to his base. He will be running again very soon.

What took em so long? I knew this a long time ago. The only success this President has had is dividing the people by turning American against American. Most people i talk to will never forget or forgive him for calling Arizonans racist and suing them. The Democrats continue to dismiss this and down-play the American Peoples' anger over this. I guess they'll see on Election Day. He turned on his own people and sided with the Mexican Government and Illegals. How can this be forgiven? The Democrats' endless Race-Baiting and Class Warfare has become pretty annoying and stale to most common sense thinking Americans. It's time for real change. Make it happen America. Get out and vote.

Most people I know think Brewer is a liar, stupid and probably substance/acohol abuser. If AZ was on the right side of things, they would be calling drug dealers to task in that state and not the entire Mexican population.

Oh no, he will veto any attempt to reverse healthcare or to take up tax cuts for the rich or any extreme agenda these people dream up. They don't have a friend in the WH like Newt did. :lol:

Bill would take any opportunity to make friends, he was a people pleaser and loved positive attention. Obama is at a point where he will be fighting anything that isn't beneficial to his base. He will be running again very soon.

Very true. If the R's do take congress it will not be like the 90's. Both the prez and the R's will no doubt act like a bunch of snotty, spoiled, crybaby little tweens. It will be two more years of name calling, obstruction, and political posturing. But if the President does have to answer to a Republican congress his last two years it would be a great opportunity for him to finally act like a leader instead of a politician. But I seriously doubt that will be the case. Obama is too partisan.

If O has anything upstairs, he'll work with the R's as Clinton did in the 90's. We'll see if his ego allows it or if he screams and whines even more.

Lol, does O even have a base anymore!! I guess there are still a few holdouts who think he's doing a good job. Unless we get back to 5 percent unemployment, O will be heading to a 1984 landslide defeat.

Lol, does O even have a base anymore!! I guess there are still a few holdouts who think he's doing a good job. Unless we get back to 5 percent unemployment, O will be heading to a 1984 landslide defeat.

A lot of 2012 will revolve around:

1. The Economy: If the economy rebounds, Obama will probably win.
2. The Composition of the 2010 Legislature and what they accomplish: If the GOP take the House and/or Senate, Obama's chances of winning go up. At that point the GOP once again become insiders. Not only that, unless the GOP comes up with a plan pronto to address the suffering people are going through they'll inherit blame for the mess.
3. Who the GOP runs: Palin can win the nomination if she wants it. The problem is a Palin ticket all but guarantees an Obama 2nd term.

The absolute worst case scenario for Obama in 2012 is a faltering economy, Democratic control of the House and Senate in 2010, and a credible GOP alternative like Romney. If all of that happens, Obama could be looking at a 50 state rout in 2012.

Very true. If the R's do take congress it will not be like the 90's. Both the prez and the R's will no doubt act like a bunch of snotty, spoiled, crybaby little tweens. It will be two more years of name calling, obstruction, and political posturing. But if the President does have to answer to a Republican congress his last two years it would be a great opportunity for him to finally act like a leader instead of a politician. But I seriously doubt that will be the case. Obama is too partisan.

He can become a better leader by blocking their extremist agenda.

We should reassess after the election. Right now Repubs are assuming a lot based on bluster, with 2 months left in the campaigns.

I kind of like this back and forth we have these days. For most of my life house had a turnover slower than that of the Supreme Soviet. It wasn't until I was nearly 38 that the house changed sides for the first time ever.

I like that it bounces back and forth. Might add some honesty to the process.

Hasn't so far, but it might

Forum List

Back