Even Liberal Elities Concede Obama's Admin is Crumbling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by teapartysamurai, Sep 9, 2010.

1. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,872
    Even America's liberal elites concede that Obama's Presidency is crumbling – Telegraph Blogs

Remember when Obama told Democrats who brought up the specter of 1994 (in regards to passing socialized healthcare), and Obama told the difference is "you have me!"

What a narcissistic ego! :lol::lol::lol:

Well, that's no longer an asset for the Democrats. People are getting pretty fed up. They know it's time to clean house of the Washington Elites who has treated their own voters with contempt for the last two years.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I usually dismiss blogs but the Telegraph is known for having really, really smart bloggers. Nile is one very bright guy.

3. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Mathematician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,054
    At this point people who deny completely the possibility of the House changing hands look like Karl Rove back in 2006 when he predicted the GOP would hold the House and Senate.

The House could change hands. At the very least, the very least, the GOP will cut down the Democratic majority to something razor thin. If they manage not to implode before November, they'll probably take the House. There are lots of other variables in play that can still trump the general negative opinions out there of Congress. Among them are the local politics (in the midterms all elections are local), the incumbent's natural advantages, and the question of how the Tea Party will appeal to moderates and independents. Even with this, GOP is in the position of strength on national level.

The Senate is trickier and less likely to flip. Examining the actual seats that are up for election shows that the GOP would have a tough uphill battle to win the Senate. If they manage to catch the breaks that the DNC caught in 2006 and 2008, it is theoretically possible, but unlikely.

Part of why the DNC is in trouble is that Obama has turned out to not be strong enough to lead the DNC or stand up to Pelosi, not to mention Harry Reid may just be the weakest Senate Majority Leader in a good long time. I suspect that a GOP Congress and a DNC White House may be the best scenario we've had in years. It worked for Newt and Clinton.

What I don't want to see it one party control ever again. If failed under Bush/DeLay/Frist, and its failing under Obama/Pelosi/Reid.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,574
    Well, they sank a lot of capital on this guy... and he is a dud.. BIG TIME. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

5. Varth Dader

Varth Dader Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    When you say the Washington Elites, do you refer to only the Democrats or that includes all the Republicans as well?

6. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,672
    Traditionally, the "loyal" opposition gets advances during off-year elections. Would not be surprising at all. Anyone who doesn't see the possibility is fooling themselves. However, with some of the loony toon candidates being brought forth by the Republicans, I wonder how large those gains will be.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Clearly the Dems are in trouble.

The continued economic disaster makes leading less than fun, I imagine.

Sadly neither party advances the remedies that will change this economy quickly enough for most American families and businesses.

Neither advances those remedies because both parties are beholden to the very people who caused the problem.

8. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,004
    I was also wondering who these Elites are as well.

It isn't looking good for November for sure however Obama is out there firing up Democrats so perhaps it won't be as damaging as the party of no thinks.

Going into his election cycle, having the Republicans in charge of the House might not be a negative thing. They may take over but I'd suggest they get ready to work and not hang out golfing or at happy hour, this opportunity could be fleeting. Boehner just doesn't seem too on the ball, imo.

For 2 years, Obama has the Veto and the opportunity to lead. We'll see how everything goes.

9. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,380
    If O has anything upstairs, he'll work with the R's as Clinton did in the 90's. We'll see if his ego allows it or if he screams and whines even more.

10. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    What took em so long? I knew this a long time ago. The only success this President has had is dividing the people by turning American against American. Most people i talk to will never forget or forgive him for calling Arizonans racist and suing them. The Democrats continue to dismiss this and down-play the American Peoples' anger over this. I guess they'll see on Election Day. He turned on his own people and sided with the Mexican Government and Illegals. How can this be forgiven? The Democrats' endless Race-Baiting and Class Warfare has become pretty annoying and stale to most common sense thinking Americans. It's time for real change. Make it happen America. Get out and vote.