Evangelical activists want LGBT people excluded from anti-lynching bill

This is more pink news. You can't expect reality from pink news.

The bill in question was introduced in 1918.

As a lifelong practicing Christian I have never understood some Evangelical hatred towards gays. I understand they don't agree with the lifestyle but the crazy hatred stuff is over the top. Live and let live.
It's pink news. You can't take this seriously.

I guess we need to go through the tiresome process of re-defining "lynching". Is it about obstructing the union of sodomites or maybe uncovering issues of fake news that tend to discredit only "minority" pundits? Is it possible to make a case that a Sanders supporter named James Hodgkinson is the last example of "lynching" when he decided to murder every conservative republican member of congress and opened fire on a republican baseball team practicing for a charity game?

Shouldn't it be against the law to lynch anyone, not just protected groups/classes?
Is it to do with making it a federal hate crime ? I am not an expert in your colonial laws. Anyway these fake christians seem to want to single out Gays as ok to lynch. Black folks must be chuffed apart from Gay black folks I guess.
Federal hate crimes are simply a way to get around double jeopardy.
So are you for or against lynchings?
No one is for lynchings.

But the poster you asked is correct
It has long since been illegal to Lynch anyone.

This law is not an effort to help or to protect anyone

Redundant laws like this one merely expand state power which is already too large

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.

The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.
The bill would allow lynchings—bias-motivated mob killings without legal authority—to be charged as a federal hate crime for the first time.

However, evangelical law firm Liberty Counsel is upset because a portion of the bill includes protections for LGBT people as well as ethnic minorities.

Just when you think they cant sink any further. How do these freaks get to call themselves Christian ?

I want to ban so-called 'Christians' from misusing scripture to justify their own fears and insecurities.

Another sick homophobe on his way to hell.

Shouldn't it be against the law to lynch anyone, not just protected groups/classes?
Is it to do with making it a federal hate crime ? I am not an expert in your colonial laws. Anyway these fake christians seem to want to single out Gays as ok to lynch. Black folks must be chuffed apart from Gay black folks I guess.
So are you for or against lynchings?
No one is for lynchings.

But the poster you asked is correct
It has long since been illegal to Lynch anyone.

This law is not an effort to help or to protect anyone

Redundant laws like this one merely expand state power which is already too large
Talking about this law doesn't do anything except create a breeze. This was tabled in 1918!

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.

The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.
The bill would allow lynchings—bias-motivated mob killings without legal authority—to be charged as a federal hate crime for the first time.

However, evangelical law firm Liberty Counsel is upset because a portion of the bill includes protections for LGBT people as well as ethnic minorities.

Just when you think they cant sink any further. How do these freaks get to call themselves Christian ?
And muslims want to lynch homos, anti-lynching law or not.
Are you an islamophobe?

Well we should be able to agree that lynching is a BAD THING. In which case why do these Godless wretches want to single out Gay folk ?
Murdering gay folk is already illegal.
But something many Republicans dream about daily.

But you excuse people (muslims) who by ideology hate and actually murder homos.

It could simply be that the category of alphabet identities is not being accepted as special.

It could simply be that the category of alphabet identities is not being accepted as special.
The incomplete list was never even implied in the 14th Amendment.

Ginsburg was saying to America a before The Obergefell Hearing, “America (& Windsor 2013), you are overruled by me. I will add brand new incomplete-list deviant sex behavior categories to the 14th based on whim, without the participation of the Legislative Branch as prescribed for such a pivotal amending. “

They will try and reverse that if they get the chance.
But that is beside the point. These shtis dont have a problem with the bill. They just want Gays left out of it.

They are leaving gays out of it because if they included one set of deviant behavioralists they’d have to include all of them.

For instance, were heroin addicts & cleptomaniacs also left off the list protected from lynchings? :popcorn:

That isn’t why Mat Staver wants gays left off the list. He wants them left off b/c he’s a faggot hater and wishes to appease retards such as yourself. That’s all.

I think they are drawing a general line between race & behaviors for future legal wording is all. That’s what’s infuriating the LGBT cult’s lawyers. They worked hard after all to muddy that distinction.

The Court will clarify it soon.

Well we should be able to agree that lynching is a BAD THING. In which case why do these Godless wretches want to single out Gay folk ?
make up your mind dude, are they christians or godless wretches?

any excuse to bitch at those we don't like i suppose.

OH, I didn't know that lynching was still a big thing.

make up your mind dude, are they christians or godless wretches?

any excuse to bitch at those we don't like i suppose.
Fake Christians is the correct term I suppose.

Forum List

Back