Evangelical activists want LGBT people excluded from anti-lynching bill

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.

The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.
The bill would allow lynchings—bias-motivated mob killings without legal authority—to be charged as a federal hate crime for the first time.

However, evangelical law firm Liberty Counsel is upset because a portion of the bill includes protections for LGBT people as well as ethnic minorities.

Just when you think they cant sink any further. How do these freaks get to call themselves Christian ?

Why, don't you recall the New Testament scripture; "and verily I say unto you, go out and kill every gay person, and you will be rewarded in Heaven."

You do remember; right?
"Fuck those homo bastards" is actually in the Book of Recriminations.
Wow, I'm learning a lot today from the Scripture of the Repubengelicals.
I would bless you if I could be sure you were white.

Evangelical activists are pressing Republican lawmakers to strip protections for LGBT+ people from an anti-lynching bill.

The Justice for Victims of Lynching Act cleared the US Senate on December 20 in a rare unanimous vote.
The bill would allow lynchings—bias-motivated mob killings without legal authority—to be charged as a federal hate crime for the first time.

However, evangelical law firm Liberty Counsel is upset because a portion of the bill includes protections for LGBT people as well as ethnic minorities.

Just when you think they cant sink any further. How do these freaks get to call themselves Christian ?

This is in the UK?
Yes, Republicans in the US Senate are in the UK. :lol:

Shouldn't it be against the law to lynch anyone, not just protected groups/classes?
Then shouldn't the bigots have asked for all classes of people be excluded from the bill instead of focusing on their current favorite group to hate?

Shouldn't it be against the law to lynch anyone, not just protected groups/classes?
Is it to do with making it a federal hate crime ? I am not an expert in your colonial laws. Anyway these fake christians seem to want to single out Gays as ok to lynch. Black folks must be chuffed apart from Gay black folks I guess.
Federal hate crimes are simply a way to get around double jeopardy.
No, it's a way to keep juries in heavily bigoted areas (like the Jim Crow Deep South) from letting a clear bad guy from walking.

Most of the federal civil rights laws exist because Jim Crow fuckwits screwed the pooch with their intransigence.

Leo123 will be along shortly to say I made up the word intransigence.

Last edited:
They will try and reverse that if they get the chance.
But that is beside the point. These shtis dont have a problem with the bill. They just want Gays left out of it.

They are leaving gays out of it because if they included one set of deviant behavioralists they’d have to include all of them.

For instance, were heroin addicts & cleptomaniacs also left off the list protected from lynchings? :popcorn:
Ah. You have equated gays with heroin addicts and thieves.

You must be one of those LBJ Democrats we keep hearing so much about.

]
klansman-with-cross-flag-gun.jpg

Lynchings are already against state law in all 50 states. Why is this a matter for the Federal DOJ to concern themselves with?

Its also already illegal on places of federal jurisdiction.

Congress needs to get to work on the Wall, not wasting their time on this.

BTW, I've never heard of homosexuals being lynched.

Ah. You have equated gays with heroin addicts and thieves.

You must be one of those LBJ Democrats we keep hearing so much about
Compulsive thieves. And yes, addictions are addictions. They are not race or gender (static). As such one must be careful to not lump them in the same legal category.

Is it to do with making it a federal hate crime ? I am not an expert in your colonial laws. Anyway these fake christians seem to want to single out Gays as ok to lynch. Black folks must be chuffed apart from Gay black folks I guess.
Federal hate crimes are simply a way to get around double jeopardy.
No, it's a way to keep juries in heavily bigoted areas (like the Jim Crow Deep South) from letting a clear bad guy from walking.

Most of the federal civil rights laws exist because Jim Crow fuckwits screwed the pooch with their intransigence.

Leo123 will be along shortly to say I made up the word intransigence.
I did make a misstatement before. The purpose of the law is to impose double jeopardy, not to get around double jeopardy....just as you described.

Lynchings are already against state law in all 50 states. Why is this a matter for the Federal DOJ to concern themselves with?

Mathew Shepherd - fool, and many others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose, when the country does finally go completely fvcking nutz, like the GOP evangelicals desire it to go nutz, gay folks will be looking to hang heterosexuals?

Wow; that would be some fvcking entertainment right there.

Such drama. A single law firm. And it was passed unanimously by a Republican House and Senate.
Geesh.

You have a link to a real news site instead of some BS lefty propaganda site?

Such drama. A single law firm. And it was passed unanimously by a Republican House and Senate.
Geesh.

I would have to agree; the GOP sure love their 'gay hate'

Passed Including lgbt, dummy.
Geesh.

I would have to agree; the GOP sure love their 'gay hate'

This is in the UK?
Yes, Republicans in the US Senate are in the UK. :lol:

You made my point. He is from the UK why does he care.

Mr. Shepherd was murdered, but he wasn't lynched. Perhaps you don't know what a lynching is?

Merriam Webster defines it for us.

Definition of lynch. transitive verb. : to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal approval or permission The accused killer was lynched by an angry mob.

Further , the law in Wyoming was sufficient to deal with those convicted of Shepherd's death. A federal statute is unnecessary

Mr. Shepherd was murdered, but he wasn't lynched. Perhaps you don't know what a lynching is?

Definition of lynch. transitive verb. : to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal approval or permission The accused killer was lynched by an angry mob.

Further , the law in Wyoming was sufficient to deal with those convicted of Shepherd's death. A federal statute is unnecessary
Oh give me a fucking break " "lynching" refers to any extra judicial killing of a person. Are you really that fucking obtuse?

Oh give me a fucking break " "lynching" refers to any extra judicial killing of a person. Are you really that fucking obtuse?

So by your definition, Martin Luther King was lynched as was Trayvon Martin, The Notorious Big, and the Lindbergh baby.

Jim Crow laws and biased racist judges and juries made the federal statutes necessary.

Jim Crow laws and biased racist judges and juries made the federal statutes necessary.

The Republican Party buried Jim Crow in an unmarked grave more than 50 years ago.

Forum List

Back