Et tu, Hillary?

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
The Ides of March revisited:

Clinton Backs Michigan ReVote Plan

March 15, 2008

SCRANTON, Penn. (AP) - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton Saturday said she supported an effort by Michigan Democrats to hold a new primary in June.

"It needs to get resolved and hopefully Michigan by the end of this week will have done that," Clinton told reporters on her campaign plane between stops in Pennsylvania. "I think they are moving in an appropriate direction to have a revote."

Under a plan being finalized by several Democratic members of Congress and other party leaders in Michigan, the state would hold a new primary in early June - most likely on June 3 - that would allow its delegates to be seated at the party's national convention this summer in Denver. The state Legislature is expected to take up the matter next week.

"Hillary Clinton said in October the Michigan primary would not 'count for anything.' Now she is trying to change the rules and claim the votes of the primary she said didn't count should be counted,"...

http://story.news.ask.com/article/20080315/D8VE2LE85.html

The Ides of March revisited:

Without Michigan, would either candidate have enough votes for a win? Even if Michigan gets to vote, most of those votes might go to Obama. I don’t see this as any underhanded trick but just as a means of getting to a winner – either Clinton or Obama.

Without Michigan, would either candidate have enough votes for a win? Even if Michigan gets to vote, most of those votes might go to Obama. I don’t see this as any underhanded trick but just as a means of getting to a winner – either Clinton or Obama.

Michigan was a done deal….so said Hillary... before. If the numbers were changed around and Hillary were in the lead you can bet Obama would be under huge pressure to pack it in for the good of the Party. But Hillary is not giving up - despite ripping the Party apart and possibly losing the election in the process - but hey, let the infighting begin…

Forum List

Back