Obama's double standard

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3031317&page=1

I wonder why Obama kept Dr. Racist Wright on his staff for over a year?

Umm....read my post abcnews theres a link just for you

Which, once again, has nothing to do with the point raised.

You have this really goofy habit of deflecting to a totally different subject...

try responding to what was said occasionally.

Now, see if you can't do that....

But tell me, is this issue going to cost Senator Obama your vote?

lol... lol... lol... lol... lol...

You have this really goofy habit of deflecting to a totally different subject...

He stated at the top of the page if he had a staff member that made racist comments, he wouldn't be on his staff anymore. Umm..let me think here yeah I think Dr. Racist Wright cost my vote....LOL

Obama shot himself in the foot on this one. He finally appealed to the christians by getting rid of the whole Muslim issue, then all this? Not that I was voting for him anyway, but if I had, his buddy would change my vote.
They should make a movie about this, it should star David Spade and....oh, never mind.:sad:

Obama shot himself in the foot on this one. He finally appealed to the christians by getting rid of the whole Muslim issue, then all this? Not that I was voting for him anyway, but if I had, his buddy would change my vote.
They should make a movie about this, it should star David Spade and....oh, never mind.:sad:

Well, like you said, you wouldn't have voted for him anyway.

So I'm sure he won't be overly upset.

Jillian, do you honestly think Obama can win the general election now?

First, you'd have to ask me if I ever thought he could. I've always said that he needed to be VP first so middle America could get over the race thing. But I'd vote for him against McCain unless he failed to clarify certain issues.

On the other hand, it's real early and this will be gone in a couple of news cycles unless the ridiculous right keeps it going. So who knows?

If it stays in the news now doesn't really matter. If Obama gets the nomination it will come back. I never thought Obama could beat McCain and this just makes that belief stronger.

If it stays in the news now doesn't really matter. If Obama gets the nomination it will come back. I never thought Obama could beat McCain and this just makes that belief stronger.

I think Obama knows that, too... and I'm sure there will be some swiftboat type 527 organization that will very much enjoy doing those commercials.

Well he's got to be losing votes to someone, did you see the Zogby poll? Mccain is now up by 6 points in their latest poll.

I think Obama knows that, too... and I'm sure there will be some swiftboat type 527 organization that will very much enjoy doing those commercials.

Jillian you keep repeating it's from the 'right'. I just don't see that. As I said earlier, the 'Muslim' tag was probably both the 'right' and the Clinton camp, that's already a definate as the emails were proved.

The Chicago Tribune and Rolling Stone are not the 'right.' Oh 30 years ago the Trib may have been, but not for a long time. My guess is they will endorse Obama if he's the contender.

Jillian you keep repeating it's from the 'right'. I just don't see that. As I said earlier, the 'Muslim' tag was probably both the 'right' and the Clinton camp, that's already a definate as the emails were proved.

The Chicago Tribune and Rolling Stone are not the 'right.' Oh 30 years ago the Trib may have been, but not for a long time. My guess is they will endorse Obama if he's the contender.

See.. the "probably" is what I have issues with. You're making it up out of whole cloth. You would never stand for anyone doing that about the right.

Rolling Stone already endorsed Obama. As for the Chicago paper, I don't know.

See.. the "probably" is what I have issues with. You're making it up out of whole cloth. You would never stand for anyone doing that about the right.

Rolling Stone already endorsed Obama. As for the Chicago paper, I don't know.

Nope, the 'probably' was about the 'right' and the Muslim rumors. The Clinton tie to that rumor was proven by emails sent by someone on her staff. Even when 'let go', Hillary kept hammering how the 'rumors' of his being Muslim were not proven.

Here's something for a giggle:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/obama-converts-to-judaism_b_91687.html

Obama Converts to Judaism

Posted March 15, 2008 | 12:37 PM (EST)

Buffeted by criticism of his controversial Christian pastor while continuing to quell rumors that he is a Muslim, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill) took a bold step today to settle questions about his religious faith once and for all.

"I am converting to Judaism, effective immediately," Mr. Obama told reporters at a press conference in Scarsdale, New York, adding that he would change his middle name from "Hussein" to "Murray."

As a sign of commitment to his new faith, the Illinois Senator said that he anticipated being Bar Mitzvahed sometime between now and the crucial Pennsylvania primary and that he would no longer campaign on Saturdays.

In a subtle sign of the shift in his religious affiliation, Mr. Obama's signature catchphrase "Yes, we can," was nowhere to be found in his speech, replaced instead by "L'Chaim."

While some political observers praised Mr. Obama's conversion to Judaism as a shrewd tactic to put the issue of his religious identity to rest, the move raised the ire of one of his harshest critics, former Rep. Geradline Ferraro.

"Barack Murray Obama wouldn't be in the position he's in if he wasn't Jewish," said Ms. Ferraro to herself.

What is Obama's goal here? If this story is accurate, this doesn't necessarily improve his problems. So when things don't go the way that it's planned, you ditch? While agreed that I would distance myself from his psychotic racist friend, it doesn't make since to change religion because of one specific pastor in one specific church. (the post is not intended to be about religion) It's referring to quick and unrational decisions. All of his actions just reaffirm my original decision not to vote for him. As Stephen Colbet would say, make decisions from you gut...lol.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSE_saVX_2A[/ame]

catch the "roast" of Bush?

Forum List

Back