Escaping Christianity

No. I am not sure about about any of the hell stuff.
Sounds like you never believed to begin with.
No there was a time we bought in. Even if we didn’t fully understand. All that makes us is the typical follower.

He’s on a path towards atheist agnosticism. I can tell because I remember being in this phase. First you reject all religions and start a personal relationship with the god that doesn’t exist.

Even after you take the leap you still catch yourself thanking god occasionally. We were brainwashed too from birth. Sitting in church listening to everyone repeat the nonsense that isn’t scientifically possible. Belief is voluntary ignorance
Scientifically possible? That's the box you put God in?
Yea. Remember we thought lightening was god? It wasn’t. Everything is scientifically explainable.

Funny you can wrap your brain around believing god is eternal but not the universe. And you can’t fathom a multiverse with infinite universes constantly dying and being born. That you can’t contemplate but instead you accept the fairytales and explanations from an ancient religion back when we didn’t know anything about how we got here. Your ancient religions are slowly dying. But like evolution it happens slowly over time hardly noticeable
Universe isn't eternal....read your Bible.
This universe no but universes existed before ours.

Do you really believe this is gods first or only universe? Now look who’s putting god in a box.

Sounds like you never believed to begin with.
No there was a time we bought in. Even if we didn’t fully understand. All that makes us is the typical follower.

He’s on a path towards atheist agnosticism. I can tell because I remember being in this phase. First you reject all religions and start a personal relationship with the god that doesn’t exist.

Even after you take the leap you still catch yourself thanking god occasionally. We were brainwashed too from birth. Sitting in church listening to everyone repeat the nonsense that isn’t scientifically possible. Belief is voluntary ignorance
Yea. Remember we thought lightening was god? It wasn’t. Everything is scientifically explainable.

Funny you can wrap your brain around believing god is eternal but not the universe. And you can’t fathom a multiverse with infinite universes constantly dying and being born. That you can’t contemplate but instead you accept the fairytales and explanations from an ancient religion back when we didn’t know anything about how we got here. Your ancient religions are slowly dying. But like evolution it happens slowly over time hardly noticeable

Do you really believe this is gods first or only universe? Now look who’s putting god in a box.
How do you know it isn't.....llmmaaoo

Neither of us know. You claim to know

Neither of us know. You claim to know
Not what I claimed....simply said it's not eternal

Went to a dr who suggested a really out of the box surgery. Lo and behold, it WORKED.

That was a good doctor. I am glad he took care of you.

It would have been totally retarded to fully rely on God. Relying on God for 5% instead if 100% was wise on your part. If you would have fully relied on God you might be dead. Praise Doctor So and So.

You realize the Bible does not prohibit drs right?

When I go to church today I'm going to be praying you are removed from, or voluntarily leave, your position very soon

It would still be dumb to rely on God. That is all I am saying.
I agree, relying on God for healing is senseless. Prayer for such things is not part of the Christian's mission in life.

Christ reigns in the kingdom as the union of heaven and earth (Eph 1:10). He did not perform miracles to demonstrate God’s power or compassion. He was not a Messiah in whom God showed Himself for a moment and then went away for a few days or weeks. He was a Messiah who performed miracles as the intersection of heaven and earth. That is God’s kingdom: heaven and earth, where even the apostles succeeded their Master in the ministration of miracles and gifts until the judgment day to affirm that holy union.

Now that that all is past, we have only peace under the new covenant. God walks with mankind on the earth again, and mankind glorifies Him on the earth again.

It is finished.

As someone has already said, God is not a genie.

When you "come out" as atheist, you will have to change your linguistical habits.

What does this mean? I do not follow. Where will I receive pressure to eliminate Christian lingo from my vocabulary? You may say I am not a Christian by the definition you use for the word but I have been heavily influenced for 40 years. I have no desire to destroy the person I am. I am simply eliminating burdensome traditions that I do not need and have no obligation to follow.
You declare Christianity a burden that you want to shed. Yet you don't want to destroy the person you are- trouble is, the person you are -according to you- is pretending to be a Christian. Why would you want to be a pretender?

You say you want to escape Christianity. What are you waiting for?

Good point. I guess I left years ago. I will just make it public in a way that doesn't hurt anybody.
I will just make it public in a way that doesn't hurt anybody.

you can not remain theistic without being a christian .:cuckoo: ... your affiliation with the forged christian bible is equally suspect, as an atheist what is the purpose in reading a document in need of renovation for the purpose it was written.

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

I call total and complete bullshit on this clown.
Nobody legitimate thinks their commitment and faith has been detrimental to themselves and their family....NOBODY!

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

Nobody legitimate thinks their commitment and faith has been detrimental to themselves and their family....NOBODY!
I respectfully disagree.

A lot of former pastors have joined the Clergy Project, for example, having regretted the years that they and their families spent in the church.

To turn atheist after years in the church is to shed an identity. Killing the old self must be difficult; it leads to shunning and isolation, maybe even suicide; people need community.

Of course, I don't mean identity as a Christian so much as I mean identity as a church-goer or leader.

People do it.

I respectfully disagree.

A lot of former pastors have joined the Clergy Project, for example, having regretted the years that they and their families spent in the church.

To turn atheist after years in the church is to shed an identity. Killing the old self must be difficult; it leads to shunning and isolation, maybe even suicide; people need community.

Of course, I don't mean identity as a Christian so much as I mean identity as a church-goer or leader.

People do it.

No doubt...people do leave the church to pursue a life of sin without the guilt. This happens all the time. The church compels folks to be and do better...some grow tired of being and doing better and the level of accountability that comes with that. In these times it is not simple to live a life that God is proud of. I get it...but for one to imply that the church has held them back is just plain retarded....The church only helps people be and do better...the church is only effective in such when people are there to be and do better.

I respectfully disagree.

People do it.

No doubt...people do leave the church to pursue a life of sin without the guilt. This happens all the time. The church compels folks to be and do better...some grow tired of being and doing better and the level of accountability that comes with that. In these times it is not simple to live a life that God is proud of. I get it...but for one to imply that the church has held them back is just plain retarded....The church only helps people be and do better...the church is only effective in such when people are there to be and do better.
Atheists don't pursue a life of sin. Sin matters not one whit to them. They don't believe in it.

True, the church has been a tremendous asset to civilization. And by the church, of course, I mean the body, first transformed by the Holy Spirit so as to transform the world. Christians had in their ranks a new and unbridled power of regeneration. The Holy Spirit is freedom (2 Cor 3:17). He is a liberating influence that God unleashed on the earth through His living vessels sculpted for honorable use to do good works (2 Tm 2:21).

In the words of the Master himself, the Holy Spirit is the power of forgiveness and Spirit of truth (Jn 20:22-23; 14:17). He is the power of a divinely-inspired ethical standard that ultimately relegated the apostasy of the Jews and the moral relativism of the pagans to the dustbin of history.

The church on the street corner, on the other hand, is quite different. It is a weekly Sunday school and the same tired message from the pulpit. Naturally, unbelievers would fall away from that.

Given the circumstances, resign now. If you don't know your Father, you can't teach others about someone you don't even know.
BTW, what God did for you specifically was to die in your place, covered in your sin, thereby securing a seat for you and your family at His table for eternity. What more do you require?

Lots of people do. That's why so many are leaving the church.

True....total pieces of shits leave and badmouth the church all the time. To them, it is the church that prevented them from living a life of sin, a Democrat’s life.

True....total pieces of shits leave and badmouth the church all the time. To them, it is the church that prevented them from living a life of sin, a Democrat’s life.

Sure thing buddy. It's good to see you don't confuse religion with politics.

Went to a dr who suggested a really out of the box surgery. Lo and behold, it WORKED.

It would have been totally retarded to fully rely on God. Relying on God for 5% instead if 100% was wise on your part. If you would have fully relied on God you might be dead. Praise Doctor So and So.

When I go to church today I'm going to be praying you are removed from, or voluntarily leave, your position very soon

I agree, relying on God for healing is senseless. Prayer for such things is not part of the Christian's mission in life.

Christ reigns in the kingdom as the union of heaven and earth (Eph 1:10). He did not perform miracles to demonstrate God’s power or compassion. He was not a Messiah in whom God showed Himself for a moment and then went away for a few days or weeks. He was a Messiah who performed miracles as the intersection of heaven and earth. That is God’s kingdom: heaven and earth, where even the apostles succeeded their Master in the ministration of miracles and gifts until the judgment day to affirm that holy union.

Now that that all is past, we have only peace under the new covenant. God walks with mankind on the earth again, and mankind glorifies Him on the earth again.

It is finished.

CFM_TitleTreatment-squashed_1.png

Lee Strobel
Written by former atheist
God never promised healing of every infirmity...even Apostle Paul was denied relief for his afflictions, doesn't mean you cant and shouldn't ask...

Last edited:

I respectfully disagree.

People do it.

Atheists don't pursue a life of sin. Sin matters not one whit to them. They don't believe in it.

True, the church has been a tremendous asset to civilization. And by the church, of course, I mean the body, first transformed by the Holy Spirit so as to transform the world. Christians had in their ranks a new and unbridled power of regeneration. The Holy Spirit is freedom (2 Cor 3:17). He is a liberating influence that God unleashed on the earth through His living vessels sculpted for honorable use to do good works (2 Tm 2:21).

In the words of the Master himself, the Holy Spirit is the power of forgiveness and Spirit of truth (Jn 20:22-23; 14:17). He is the power of a divinely-inspired ethical standard that ultimately relegated the apostasy of the Jews and the moral relativism of the pagans to the dustbin of history.

The church on the street corner, on the other hand, is quite different. It is a weekly Sunday school and the same tired message from the pulpit. Naturally, unbelievers would fall away from that.

I agreed with all you said til you got to the end. If the Believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit how can the "church on the street corner" have the "same old tired message" from the pulpit? Now I DO agree that this message might seem tired to unbelievers. To Believers, however, it's not...at all.

Wow, it's a trip to see the nazis try to lay guilt onto the scapegoat in post #152, complete with alimentary-drive anxiety!

Knowledge is replacing faith planetwide, and xianity especially secretes atheism. That is why 1500 years ago when the xians were accused of atheism, they got a taste of their own 666 kulos exothen medicine (Klages, Science of Character). Was Strobel an atheist all of the time leading up to being converted and writing a book about god? If so and after all that, it's strong evidence that Strobel is quite mad. What is the condition of the water system where Strobel lives? Onset of dementia or Alzheimer's perhaps?

It is finished.

CFM_TitleTreatment-squashed_1.png

Lee Strobel
Written by former atheist
God never promised healing of every infirmity...even Apostle Paul was denied relief for his afflictions, doesn't mean you cant and shouldn't ask...
They never consider that all people are gonna die. Nobody is healed for eternity, but the time is coming when HIS PEOPLE will.

You guys straighten these things out with God. I appreciate all of the support and condemnation. It is quite entertaining.

If you guys have some problems then straighten it out with God. I already have a plan.

Forum List

Back