Escaping Christianity

You're looking for a genie, not your Creator

Worthless prayer and obnoxious prayer requests are my least favorite traditions in my religious atmosphere. If there is no genie, why do we do that stupid nonesense?

Looks at God like a "genie"

This person is entrusted with teaching children about God

We have serious, very serious problems in Christianity. But as my kids say, "we been knew that". heh

I totally don't think He is a genie. Many people in my tradition have prayer. 90+% of the prayer requests are about medical issues. It is nauseating. God answers 0% of those prayers. It is stupid. I am like you. I don't believe God answers prayers at all like some mythical genie. That is where you and I agree. Prayer is the most retarded thing you can do.

You show stunning immaturity for a 40 year old man with children. Really? Since you hesitate to answer, I"m going to guess you have ZERO experience with real, physical, unremitting pain, or illness, or disease. Well, I do. It beats you down. You learn a lot too, about grace and faith.

So don't be so arrogant. "Retarded". Really? God forbid you have to live like that--or your children.

We have visible doctors where I live. They actually help people. A large percentage of those visible doctors are atheists too. God doesn't cure anybody. He never has. Be honest. You know this.

Lots of people disagree. They have their testimonies. You're free to believe them or not.

I was TOLD by the doctors you put your faith in that I had pancreatic cancer in 2015. They said my survival rate was 1%. I was sure I had months or just weeks to live.

First I cried over the things I will never get do.

Then I prayed.

After 4 months of going into the University of Michigan hospital, they told me, "you dont have cancer."

They decided they made a "mistake."

I became a firm believer that God can actually CHANGE "REALITY." Isnt that the definition of a miracle?

That medical crisis has become a pivotal point in my life and just one more proof of God.

Our life experiences will either make, or break you. The choice is entirely yours.

Pray to your God that the company where I work will have funds to pay me on payday.

Pray to your God that the car I drive starts up every day next week.

Pray to your God that President Trump is not assassinated this week.

Pray to your God that my local supermarket still has canned soup in stock.

If your God can answer these prayers then I will reconsider my atheistic position and totally turn my life back to Christ Jesus.

Worthless prayer and obnoxious prayer requests are my least favorite traditions in my religious atmosphere. If there is no genie, why do we do that stupid nonesense?

We have serious, very serious problems in Christianity. But as my kids say, "we been knew that". heh

I totally don't think He is a genie. Many people in my tradition have prayer. 90+% of the prayer requests are about medical issues. It is nauseating. God answers 0% of those prayers. It is stupid. I am like you. I don't believe God answers prayers at all like some mythical genie. That is where you and I agree. Prayer is the most retarded thing you can do.

God has answered many of my prayers and I've witnessed Him answering others.

I suspect this is a flame thread, you dont seem to have the first clue what you're talking about

The OP is about my journey out of Christianity. It has just developed into a thread about inferior intellectual capabilities.

How dumb do you think I am on a scale of 1 to 10. Remember. I am an atheist. That puts that cap at 5. So really you can give a number between 1 and 5.

You show stunning immaturity for a 40 year old man with children. Really? Since you hesitate to answer, I"m going to guess you have ZERO experience with real, physical, unremitting pain, or illness, or disease. Well, I do. It beats you down. You learn a lot too, about grace and faith.

So don't be so arrogant. "Retarded". Really? God forbid you have to live like that--or your children.

I don't treat God like a genie. A lot of Christians I know do treat Him like a genie. On the other hand I know some Christian's that keep their medical issues private until the process is over.

There is no reason to punish others with knowledge of your illnesses. Doctors are trained to help with such issues. The average layperson can do nothing for you but feel bad. How in the potato chips does me feeling bad benefit a person with cancer?

Yes. I am very immature but my logic is sound. Me feeling bad about someone's medical need hurts me but doesn't help anybody. Prove me wrong.

I hope your wife doesn't get ill. That's all I can say.

Wow.

We have visible doctors where I live. They actually help people. A large percentage of those visible doctors are atheists too. God doesn't cure anybody. He never has. Be honest. You know this.
Do you think those doctors arent using their God given talent to make people better?

Nope. It takes 8+ years to become a doctor. They earn these skills Don't discredit the medical profession. They deserve praise and recognition. Your God deserves jack squat until He actually does something. Anything. Anything. Honestly. Anything.

Thank you. I'm going to be praying to God, who does listen and answer, that if He wills, this attitude you have toward Him WILL be revealed. I could be wrong, but I don't think He wants someone like you teaching children about Him, so I lay good odds on that prayer being heard.

I don't treat God like a genie. A lot of Christians I know do treat Him like a genie. On the other hand I know some Christian's that keep their medical issues private until the process is over.

There is no reason to punish others with knowledge of your illnesses. Doctors are trained to help with such issues. The average layperson can do nothing for you but feel bad. How in the potato chips does me feeling bad benefit a person with cancer?

Yes. I am very immature but my logic is sound. Me feeling bad about someone's medical need hurts me but doesn't help anybody. Prove me wrong.

I hope your wife doesn't get ill. That's all I can say.

Wow.

If she does I will take her to the proper medical experts not Jesus.

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

So you're going to teach the Bible for an entire year feeling it to be a lie? That's not honest. You need to resign right now.

Does your wife know about all this?

People died and killed to keep the Bible out of the hands of the masses because it has great power. Now we have free access to it but never utilize it. I can confidently teach kids to learn and respect the Bible. I will not resign right now. I enjoy teaching. Yes. My wife, kids and one of my students is aware of this.

You are not teaching the Bible honestly if you are posing as a Believer while you are doing this. You are doing this for personal gain--getting your "ducks in a row", while dishonestly profiting from the Gospel before you let your atheism out

Listen. I would not do this if I were you.

What do you think is the best thing to do?
Vasu, what turned you off? Was it that the Bible is not literal

Do you think those doctors arent using their God given talent to make people better?

Nope. It takes 8+ years to become a doctor. They earn these skills Don't discredit the medical profession. They deserve praise and recognition. Your God deserves jack squat until He actually does something. Anything. Anything. Honestly. Anything.

Thank you. I'm going to be praying to God, who does listen and answer, that if He wills, this attitude you have toward Him WILL be revealed. I could be wrong, but I don't think He wants someone like you teaching children about Him, so I lay good odds on that prayer being heard.

God can do whatever He wants. He doesn't need you to boss Him around. Do you really feel like God owes you something?

Lots of people disagree. They have their testimonies. You're free to believe them or not.

I was TOLD by the doctors you put your faith in that I had pancreatic cancer in 2015. They said my survival rate was 1%. I was sure I had months or just weeks to live.

First I cried over the things I will never get do.

Then I prayed.

After 4 months of going into the University of Michigan hospital, they told me, "you dont have cancer."

They decided they made a "mistake."

I became a firm believer that God can actually CHANGE "REALITY." Isnt that the definition of a miracle?

That medical crisis has become a pivotal point in my life and just one more proof of God.

Our life experiences will either make, or break you. The choice is entirely yours.

All glory to GOD, that is amazing! I'm so grateful to Him for this amazing story!

I was in horrible pain from two, count them two autoimmune diseases causing me bad abdominal pain. Went to a dr who suggested a really out of the box surgery. Lo and behold, it WORKED. I know that was answered prayer. I have my life back. That was seven years ago. :)

God can do whatever He wants. He doesn't need you to boss Him around. Do you really feel like God owes you something?

Dear Father,

Please remove this man from his position in front of Your precious children, if it be Your will. I pray that you will protect his family and his heart in the meantime. In Jesus' Name, Amen

When you teach children the Bible do you refer to God as an invisible silent dude?

I am not sure. It is possible that I could have said that. I have been deeply entrenched in Christianity. Our linguistical habits are second nature to me. I walk, talk and look just like a Christianity. I am even better at being a Christianity than the people that believe it to be true.

I am sure I refer to God in the most culturally appropriate way.

No you're not.

I can guarantee that.

See my Marty Sampson thread.

Wow... you sound like you think you're better than he is...

I'll tell you this, I know for a fact that as a non believer I am a better Christian than a lot of Christians I know and have seen.

If you don't think that's true or possible, you're lying to yourself and to anyone you tell that it's not possible.

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

So you're going to teach the Bible for an entire year feeling it to be a lie? That's not honest. You need to resign right now.

People died and killed to keep the Bible out of the hands of the masses because it has great power. Now we have free access to it but never utilize it. I can confidently teach kids to learn and respect the Bible. I will not resign right now. I enjoy teaching. Yes. My wife, kids and one of my students is aware of this.

You are not teaching the Bible honestly if you are posing as a Believer while you are doing this. You are doing this for personal gain--getting your "ducks in a row", while dishonestly profiting from the Gospel before you let your atheism out

I don't believe that God is out there. I want to cleanse my mind of religious filth for a year or so to see how normal people think. I guess I am just curious what it would be like to be secular. Will I be happier? Sadder? Nicer? Meaner? What can a lack of religion do to a man? I have a lot of garbage in my head and I want it out.

Pray to your God that the company where I work will have funds to pay me on payday.

Pray to your God that the car I drive starts up every day next week.

Pray to your God that President Trump is not assassinated this week.

Pray to your God that my local supermarket still has canned soup in stock.

If your God can answer these prayers then I will reconsider my atheistic position and totally turn my life back to Christ Jesus.

God has answered many of my prayers and I've witnessed Him answering others.

I suspect this is a flame thread, you dont seem to have the first clue what you're talking about
My wife and I were in a hotel heated by natural gas. The couple next door, transients who decided they didnt want to live anymore, turned off the pilot light, put the gas on high and went to bed. Around 4am, the pregnant woman, wanted to smoke a cigarette forgetting about what they did the night before. Well, there was a large explosion, the wall went over and under us, the tv ended up at our feet, the roof collapsed but stopped about 3 feet above us. They found a suicide note in the rubble from the couple. The couple got 3rd degree burns, while I got a few scratches. Here is a little something for you to read, if you dare.

When you teach children the Bible do you refer to God as an invisible silent dude?

I am not sure. It is possible that I could have said that. I have been deeply entrenched in Christianity. Our linguistical habits are second nature to me. I walk, talk and look just like a Christianity. I am even better at being a Christianity than the people that believe it to be true.

No you're not.

I can guarantee that.

I'll tell you this, I know for a fact that as a non believer I am a better Christian than a lot of Christians I know and have seen.

If you don't think that's true or possible, you're lying to yourself and to anyone you tell that it's not possible.

There is nothing more ironic that how absolutely fundamentally Puritan these times are. I mean look here. These cats are fighting over who is more Morally Pure on this thread.

Buncha Church Ladies. You guys duke it all out, okay? You can have it. I don't need it. I'm actually a Christian. LOL

I don't believe that God is out there. I want to cleanse my mind of religious filth for a year or so to see how normal people think. I guess I am just curious what it would be like to be secular. Will I be happier? Sadder? Nicer? Meaner? What can a lack of religion do to a man? I have a lot of garbage in my head and I want it out.
Those that usually turn away from God, end up turning to another religion, will you become a Global Warming Zelot? Or Scientology? Both of those are very angry people who hate life.

Went to a dr who suggested a really out of the box surgery. Lo and behold, it WORKED.

That was a good doctor. I am glad he took care of you.

It would have been totally retarded to fully rely on God. Relying on God for 5% instead of 100% was wise on your part. If you would have fully relied on God you might be dead. Praise Doctor So and So.

Praise SweetSue92 for knowing the limitations of God in medical situations and behaving wisely.

No you're not.

I can guarantee that.

There is nothing more ironic that how absolutely fundamentally Puritan these times are. I mean look here. These cats are fighting over who is more Morally Pure on this thread.

Buncha Church Ladies. You guys duke it all out, okay? You can have it. I don't need it. I'm actually a Christian. LOL

I'm not fighting about anything. I am merely pointing out a truth. There is no fighting the truth.

Went to a dr who suggested a really out of the box surgery. Lo and behold, it WORKED.

It would have been totally retarded to fully rely on God. Relying on God for 5% instead if 100% was wise on your part. If you would have fully relied on God you might be dead. Praise Doctor So and So.

You realize the Bible does not prohibit drs right?

When I go to church today I'm going to be praying you are removed from, or voluntarily leave, your position very soon

No you're not.

I can guarantee that.

I'm not fighting about anything. I am merely pointing out a truth. There is no fighting the truth.

Why do people say such nonsense crap on this forum?

Of COURSE there is "fighting the truth". Some people fight the truth their entire lives. Are you kidding me???

Your loss, not mine. God said that Life was never meant to be easy, and follow him and love him, and you will get the greatest gift ever given by god. Go look into your children's eyes again, and tell me that there was no intelligent design in their creation, that it was all luck of the dice.

It wasn't. Now what? Follow your God?
So you believe that your children was just a random act?
What about the person who’s children die of cancer at 3 years old? Was that not a random act? If not, what was it?

It would have been totally retarded to fully rely on God. Relying on God for 5% instead if 100% was wise on your part. If you would have fully relied on God you might be dead. Praise Doctor So and So.

You realize the Bible does not prohibit drs right?

When I go to church today I'm going to be praying you are removed from, or voluntarily leave, your position very soon

I will keep you updated on God's work.

Forum List

Back