Eric Holder warns of ‘constitutional crisis’ unless House compromises

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
He and obozo sold weapons to our enemy Mexico just like Reagan sold weapons to our enemy iran 25 years ago. That's treason.

Eric Holder warns of ?constitutional crisis? - Tim Mak and Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Eric Holder warns of ‘constitutional crisis’
By TIM MAK and JOSH GERSTEIN | 6/12/12 11:31 AM EDT Updated: 6/12/12 1:44 PM EDT
Under threat of a House contempt citation over the botched Fast and Furious gun-walking operation, Attorney General Eric Holder spoke in a conciliatory tone Tuesday about his willingness for “compromises” to avoid what he called “an impending constitutional crisis” over the withholding of documents in response to a congressional subpoena.

“We are prepared to make – I am prepared to make - compromises with regard to the documents that can be made available,” said Holder in a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“I want to make it very clear that I am offering – I myself – to sit down with the Speaker, the chairman, with you, whoever, to try and work our way through this in an attempt to avoid a constitutional crisis, and come up with ways, creative ways, in which to make this material available. But I’ve got to have a willing partner. I’ve extended my hand, and I’m waiting to hear back,” he added in response to a question about the subpoenaed documents posed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa.)

He and obozo sold weapons to our enemy Mexico just like Reagan sold weapons to our enemy iran 25 years ago. That's treason.

Eric Holder warns of ?constitutional crisis? - Tim Mak and Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

By TIM MAK and JOSH GERSTEIN | 6/12/12 11:31 AM EDT Updated: 6/12/12 1:44 PM EDT
Under threat of a House contempt citation over the botched Fast and Furious gun-walking operation, Attorney General Eric Holder spoke in a conciliatory tone Tuesday about his willingness for “compromises” to avoid what he called “an impending constitutional crisis” over the withholding of documents in response to a congressional subpoena.

“We are prepared to make – I am prepared to make - compromises with regard to the documents that can be made available,” said Holder in a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“I want to make it very clear that I am offering – I myself – to sit down with the Speaker, the chairman, with you, whoever, to try and work our way through this in an attempt to avoid a constitutional crisis, and come up with ways, creative ways, in which to make this material available. But I’ve got to have a willing partner. I’ve extended my hand, and I’m waiting to hear back,” he added in response to a question about the subpoenaed documents posed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa.)

Are you Speeders are Murderers?

Holder should resign. He was never qualified for the job to begin with and he has proven how inept and dishonest he is at every turn. Enough of this guy already.

Amazing that dingbat Rs are accusing him of withholding information in spite of more than 150K pages of information and more than one million emails.

This is another example of the partisan Rs telling the same lies over and over and the rw's blindly following their owners words.

Will the rw's ever demand that the GObP/R's put their own country ahead of their profits? I doubt it.

1. DOJ didn't sell the guns to the cartel(s). They let illegal purchased guns to pass through to track them.
2. Mexico isn't our enemy. We are trying to stop drug cartels, but I'm not sure enemy is the right word to use to describe them either (since we're talking about a criminal enterprise, not a conflict with another nation).
3. This operation goes back the Bush administration.
4. There is not constitutional crisis. Congress will keep demanding documents, he'll refuse to hand them over.

• Banned
2. Mexico isn't our enemy. We are trying to stop drug cartels, but I'm not sure enemy is the right word to use to describe them either (since we're talking about a criminal enterprise, not a conflict with another nation).

Mexico is the biggest enemy we have. Not because of the drug cartels but because of the 30 million illegals who have invaded america to steal jobs, govt benefits, and IDs from the citizens.

Mexico is the biggest enemy we have. Not because of the drug cartels but because of the 30 million illegals who have invaded america to steal jobs, govt benefits, and IDs from the citizens.

and you are an enemy of Mexico then?

Mexico is a problem but they are only a problem because we let them be. If we had the same immagration laws that they have regarding there southern border the problem goes away. I have no quarral with people who come here to be Americans but those who come here and want to bring their toilet bowl country along with them can kiss my trash can.

Amazing that dingbat Rs are accusing him of withholding information in spite of more than 150K pages of information and more than one million emails.

This is another example of the partisan Rs telling the same lies over and over and the rw's blindly following their owners words.

Will the rw's ever demand that the GObP/R's put their own country ahead of their profits? I doubt it.

In all fairness, Lud, there's no controversy over whether or not all documents requested have been turned over. Holder isn't saying, "I've already given you guys everything you aksed for." He's saying that the rest of what they've requested (i.e. those documents that haven't been turned over) are private as they pertain to ongoing investigations, and thus he doesn't have to (can't) turn them over.

No one's accusing him of withholding anything. They're accusing him of withholding those documents BECAUSE THEY'RE INCRIMINATING in relation to Fast and Furious. That he's got more documents that have been requested but not yet handed over is pretty much common knowledge.

Love when rabid partisans call each other partisans.

Eric Holder was never qualifed for the job Obama gave him but that should not surprise us because Obama was never been qualifed to do anything except spend other peoples money. He has never created a job, generated any profit or help improve any economy. Eric was just the right man for the job, he does what he is told and doesn't try to think. the sad thing is that I don't see a lot on the right that are much better. Are we voting for someone or against the other.

Eric Holder needs to Shut the hell up and resign in disgrace. He helped manufacture this crisis and in my opinion should keep his trap shut.

Holder should resign. He was never qualified for the job to begin with and he has proven how inept and dishonest he is at every turn. Enough of this guy already.

He is not inept, he "Like everyone else in the Obama administration" knew exactly what they where doing and why they where doing it. They are all criminals, some of the shit they have done in the last 3 years people would have been shot for 100 years ago.

Yes, when your guys are in the frying pan and are guilty as hell it is only out of partisanship that they are being questioned. You hack.

Forum List

Back