Eric Holder warns of ‘constitutional crisis’ unless House compromises

He and obozo sold weapons to our enemy Mexico just like Reagan sold weapons to our enemy iran 25 years ago. That's treason.

Eric Holder warns of ?constitutional crisis? - Tim Mak and Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Eric Holder warns of ‘constitutional crisis’
By TIM MAK and JOSH GERSTEIN | 6/12/12 11:31 AM EDT Updated: 6/12/12 1:44 PM EDT
Under threat of a House contempt citation over the botched Fast and Furious gun-walking operation, Attorney General Eric Holder spoke in a conciliatory tone Tuesday about his willingness for “compromises” to avoid what he called “an impending constitutional crisis” over the withholding of documents in response to a congressional subpoena.

“We are prepared to make – I am prepared to make - compromises with regard to the documents that can be made available,” said Holder in a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“I want to make it very clear that I am offering – I myself – to sit down with the Speaker, the chairman, with you, whoever, to try and work our way through this in an attempt to avoid a constitutional crisis, and come up with ways, creative ways, in which to make this material available. But I’ve got to have a willing partner. I’ve extended my hand, and I’m waiting to hear back,” he added in response to a question about the subpoenaed documents posed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa.)

1. DOJ didn't sell the guns to the cartel(s). They let illegal purchased guns to pass through to track them.
2. Mexico isn't our enemy. We are trying to stop drug cartels, but I'm not sure enemy is the right word to use to describe them either (since we're talking about a criminal enterprise, not a conflict with another nation).
3. This operation goes back the Bush administration.
4. There is not constitutional crisis. Congress will keep demanding documents, he'll refuse to hand them over.

They allowed those guns to enter into Mexico for one reason and one reason only, and it wasn't to track cartels. The cartel excuse was just that, a way to justify what they where doing. They allowed them to enter Mexico so that crimes would be committed with them and they would be traced back here to America and hence would solidify a gun control argument here in America. It was an attempt to weaken the 2nd Amendment, and they are guilty as hell of it.

A) What are the PF boards? Anyone heard from the Swede?

B). Booosh had the same program. The ATF agent would have been shot by one of the millions of guns that Pub policies have allowed into Mexico ANYWAY. This whole thing is a Pub Propaganda joke.

40k have been killed in Mexico- Legalize and tax pot. that's supposedly 60% of this Pub mess.

He and obozo sold weapons to our enemy Mexico just like Reagan sold weapons to our enemy iran 25 years ago. That's treason.

1. DOJ didn't sell the guns to the cartel(s). They let illegal purchased guns to pass through to track them.
2. Mexico isn't our enemy. We are trying to stop drug cartels, but I'm not sure enemy is the right word to use to describe them either (since we're talking about a criminal enterprise, not a conflict with another nation).
4. There is not constitutional crisis. Congress will keep demanding documents, he'll refuse to hand them over.

They allowed those guns to enter into Mexico for one reason and one reason only, and it wasn't to track cartels. The cartel excuse was just that, a way to justify what they where doing. They allowed them to enter Mexico so that crimes would be committed with them and they would be traced back here to America and hence would solidify a gun control argument here in America. It was an attempt to weaken the 2nd Amendment, and they are guilty as hell of it.

I see the tinfoil is strong in this one.

Eric Holder warns of ?constitutional crisis? - Tim Mak and Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

By TIM MAK and JOSH GERSTEIN | 6/12/12 11:31 AM EDT Updated: 6/12/12 1:44 PM EDT
Under threat of a House contempt citation over the botched Fast and Furious gun-walking operation, Attorney General Eric Holder spoke in a conciliatory tone Tuesday about his willingness for “compromises” to avoid what he called “an impending constitutional crisis” over the withholding of documents in response to a congressional subpoena.

“We are prepared to make – I am prepared to make - compromises with regard to the documents that can be made available,” said Holder in a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“I want to make it very clear that I am offering – I myself – to sit down with the Speaker, the chairman, with you, whoever, to try and work our way through this in an attempt to avoid a constitutional crisis, and come up with ways, creative ways, in which to make this material available. But I’ve got to have a willing partner. I’ve extended my hand, and I’m waiting to hear back,” he added in response to a question about the subpoenaed documents posed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa.)

1. they did not track the weapons at all. As proven by the testimony of agents on the ground.

2. They did not inform the Mexica Government of the operation AT all. How exactly were they gonna track the weapons in Mexico once they crossed the border?

3. The Bush operation, which INCLUDED the Mexican Government stopped after 400 guns were lost because the Mexicans could not track them. In the Bush operation we tracked them in the States and the Mexicans were to track them in Mexico. The Mexicans could not track them so it was STOPPED. Note the problems here. ONE we actually involved the Mexican Governmeny under Bush which was NOT done under Obama. 2 We actually tracked the Guns in the States, which was NOT done under Obama. 3. as soon as it was evident we could not track the weapons the program was halted. Holder did not halt the operation until 2000 guns were lst and then only because he got heat for a dead agent.

4. I though the argument was he handed over all the documents? The crisis is a Government agency that is responsible for answering to the Congress REFUSES to do so and you applaud them. If there was nothing to hide why can't the documents be released? The Congressional Committee heads and seconds all have the needed clearance for ANY level of secrecy required.

A) What are the PF boards? Anyone heard from the Swede?

B). Booosh had the same program. The ATF agent would have been shot by one of the millions of guns that Pub policies have allowed into Mexico ANYWAY. This whole thing is a Pub Propaganda joke.

40k have been killed in Mexico- Legalize and tax pot. that's supposedly 60% of this Pub mess.

If the Bush DOJ allowed guns to go untraced into criminal hands with their operations (which, by most accounts I've heard, they really didn't do. They actually put GPS on guns that they allowed to walk and traced them, but I'm not claiming to know that this is fact), then those responsible for those irresponsible operations should be prosecuted, just as the current DOJ guys responsible for -these- guns walking should be prosecuted. "Our opposing political party did similar things!" isn't a legal defense. Just because somebody else with an opposing political philosophy committed a crime before you did, doesn't excuse you from committing the same crime.

If I ever get tried for murder, you bet your ass that saying, "Since I'm basically a libertarian, and Stalin was a communist, which is practically my polar opposite philosophically speaking, and Stalin committed murders, I feel that any punishment placed upon me is unfair and partisan" will -NOT- get me off the hook. Nor should it.

What Raygun and Co. did was illegal. However his treason was negociating with Iran to continue to hold the hostages until after the 1980 election. He knew if Carter sprang them in an October suprise he would not be President. So he sent former CIA head George W. H. Bush (Yes the same one Carter forced to resign)

What did they do with the profits? Did we get any help with our hostages down there?

Allowing gun to be sold so they could track them was stupid. However I find it hard to compare that to selling missiles and parts to Iraq while supporting Iraq (Not mention diverting the profits to illegally fund the Contra Army in Central America).

However related to the Administration stalling this compares: "The investigation was impeded when large volumes of documents relating to the scandal were destroyed or withheld from investigators by Reagan administration officials"

Iran

Last edited:
Amazing that dingbat Rs are accusing him of withholding information in spite of more than 150K pages of information and more than one million emails.

This is another example of the partisan Rs telling the same lies over and over and the rw's blindly following their owners words.

Will the rw's ever demand that the GObP/R's put their own country ahead of their profits? I doubt it.

In all fairness, Lud, there's no controversy over whether or not all documents requested have been turned over. Holder isn't saying, "I've already given you guys everything you aksed for." He's saying that the rest of what they've requested (i.e. those documents that haven't been turned over) are private as they pertain to ongoing investigations, and thus he doesn't have to (can't) turn them over.

No one's accusing him of withholding anything. They're accusing him of withholding those documents BECAUSE THEY'RE INCRIMINATING in relation to Fast and Furious. That he's got more documents that have been requested but not yet handed over is pretty much common knowledge.

Love when rabid partisans call each other partisans.

Well he could employ the Raygun tactic of destroying them then. What ever happened to the CIA agent who destroyed all the torture tapes? Nothing.

Reframe the question so it makes sense and tell us what you think, dilloduck?

OK but just for you Jakey Baby.

Is Holder threatening we Americans or informing we Americans ?

You know--about the what the OP says ?

The Legislative branch is demanding records from the Executive branch about an operation.

Many Presidents have had this demand made upon them for one thing or another, and it always raises a checks-and-balances question. Does the Legislative have the constitutional authority to demand internal records from the Executive?

Every President in this spot has said, "Not only no, but FUCK no!" Every Congress in this spot has said, "Oh, hell YEAH, baby!"

Then they often end up going to the Judicial branch and hacking it out there.

All very ugly stuff.

Holder is saying he would like to avoid all that crap and cooperate with Congress on the QT without being forced to turn over documents to Congress that would end up in public.

A classic posture we have seen many times in our history.

Last edited:

OK but just for you Jakey Baby.

Is Holder threatening we Americans or informing we Americans ?

You know--about the what the OP says ?

The Legislative branch is demanding records from the Executive branch about an operation.

Many Presidents have had this demand made upon them for one thing or another, and it always raises a checks-and-balances question. Does the Legislative have the constitutional authority to demand internal records from the Executive?

Every President in this spot has said, "Not only no, but FUCK no!" Every Congress in this spot has said, "Oh, hell YEAH, baby!"

Then they often end up going to the Judicial branch and hacking it out there.

All very ugly stuff.

Holder is saying he would like to avoid all that crap and cooperate with Congress on the QT without being forced to turn over documents to Congress that would end up in public.

A classic posture we have seen many times in our history.

So how do you see it ?
Is he trying to scare congress into backing down in an attempt to save the country a "crisis" or is he basically blackmailing them, insinuating that the "crisis" could hurt congress or a party ?

So how do you see it ?
Is he trying to scare congress into backing down in an attempt to save the country a "crisis" or is he basically blackmailing them, insinuating that the "crisis" could hurt congress or a party ?

Defending Executive turf is certainly warranted. You can't let the Legislative branch exceed its reach.

I see what Holder is doing as just like what every other Executive branch in this spot has done. His behavior is identical.

Of course, past Presidents have used this tactic for less than honorable reasons.

It is impossible to determine what his true motives are. Anyone who thinks they do know is speaking from a partisan viewpoint, and not an objective one.

Forum List

Back