Equality on Campus???

Trigg

Oct 26, 2004
midwest
Another title might be "Why you can't have your cake and eat it to."

This is a great article regarding the recent college group that wanted to bar white women from coming to the event.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171249,00.html

In NU, Northeastern's student newspaper, Chandler described her response to allowing a white woman to attend.

"I welcomed her anyway, in addition to telling the audience to conduct themselves with integrity even though the presence of a white woman was unwelcome," she said.

Chandler continued, "I think it's a shame that one or two white students based on white privilege, a lack of awareness of racial issues and a lack of generosity of spirit complained to the office of the provost and were able, because they were white, to gain admission to the morning session that I was forced to open up."

Here is the response from the writer of the article.

My family through marriage includes blacks, Hispanics, and plain vanilla sorts like me. Race is simply not an issue.

Nevertheless, I've heard the charge of "white privilege" so often that I've numbed to its meaning and implications. That is a mistake. The accusation is too often a racial attack, and those who hurl it are too often oppressors in sheep's clothing.
Chandler's remarks broke through my numbness. Why? My three nieces are university age or close to it. One is black; two are blonde and fair-skinned. Chandler would have broken up a family along racial lines rather than let them attend a public event together. And she would have labeled anyone who protested as a "racist," a recipient of white privilege.

In 1865, when slavery ended in America, my ancestors were on ships fleeing the famine and political oppression in Ireland. A third of the passengers died in transit; many more perished from privation in a foreign land.

The family on my husband's side fled Cuba as Castro made his power grab. Their children literally had to maneuver through explosions on the streets of Havana in order to attend school.

These are not people of privilege. They have no connection to or responsibility for the oppression that was slavery.

There are no laws that grant my blonde-haired nieces any privilege due to skin color. Such laws have been methodically removed from the legal system for decades now.

For me, the presence of black women is unwelcome, and for good reason. Tell me if you want details. But should I make this proclamation public, say, as president of the White Student Club at the University of Melchiore, and I'd have six lawsuits, four assassination attempts, a firing from every job I hold, have held or will hold, an FBI sniper training at my head, excommunication from the Pope, debarring from every state I'm admitted to, a resolution from the House and a nasty note from my mother to contend with.

Say that about whites, and you'll be celebrated for your "strength" in the face of racist white society.

:2guns:

Anyone think this is just a little out of whack? Or am I just a crazy white supremacist? I know how y'all feel about my views, but admit it... when you hear crap like this, you wonder just how nutty I really am.

Forum List

Back