Enter the Age of Censorship, FCC circumvents Congress to classify internet as Public Utility

Not the first time that backbone projects have whored out to government. Now that the FCC is ruler of the Internet, I assume the left will demand that the taxpayer fund massive upgrades to the backbone to handle the video streaming traffic, then claim it's all free...

Hate to break it to you but taxpayers paid 100% of the internet backbone. ISP's charge you for what you've already paid. Then they want to charge you for more usage (that they get for free) of what you've already paid using a local infrastructure that's already in place.

So far, I've not run into a single leftist here who has even an inkling of how networks operate. You spew idiocy for purely partisan purpose. I suspect Blindfool does have some knowledge, but he ran away once the conversation became technical.

What about you, Verizon fios offers you a 35 meg synchronous connection, how fast is your upload speed expected to be?

1. As fast as Walmart cuz that's the law
  2. 35 megabytes per second
  3. 4.375 megabytes per second

Why so slow? My down is 105Mbps, up is 50Mbps. My WiFi is 70 down, up is 50.

Every industrialized nation except the US, standard speed in 200Mbps down, 100 up.

Yeah, right, and you have a company that earns $100 million/yr, and I'm the queen of England.

Hate to break it to you but taxpayers paid 100% of the internet backbone. ISP's charge you for what you've already paid. Then they want to charge you for more usage (that they get for free) of what you've already paid using a local infrastructure that's already in place.

You don't know what the backbone is, what an ISP is, what a packet is, or what a switch is.

Smoke another bong hit and go back to Modern Warfare, you're not worth my time.

I've never yet received the theoretical maximum upload speed that I signed up for.
That's the nature of things.

Have you thought maybe that BlindBoo has other things to do...like sleep?

I've seen the quality of your debating skills.
Your default position is always to drive a discussion in a cartoon politically ideological direction.
You're completely predictable.

I have very little technical knowledge on how the internet works so I won't be drawn into a debate but your left vs right position weakens your credibility, and means that anything you say....no matter how technically well-informed...is read in the knowledge that it has first been run through your political filter so that it will never contradict your ideological ground.
The trouble with this, of course, is that you can get yourself tied up in knots trying to match the real world with your ideological fantasy one.

Oh well.

You won't. ISP's state 'up to.' The reason for this is so they can up charge you for a higher tier which costs them no more than delivering what you are receiving today.

Whether Algore wrote it or not, it still isn't what you can he claim it to be. It didn't create the internet. Thousands of businesses created the internet. they borrowed some technology from ARPANET, but that constitutes about 0.00001% of the internet.

Care to name them?

If the FCC's power grab to regulate the internet as a public utility is allowed to stand, you would have to be among the most retarded of the retards to believe the FCC will not ultimately start regulating prices. You would also have to be incredibly gullible to not see the final outcome of the internet-as-public-utility to be the same as it has been for every other designated public utility. That is to say, government-sanctioned monopolies. You will one day have only one choice of internet provider where you live after the government is allowed to take over the internet.

All the other crap about censorship and whatever other nonsense has found its way onto these 56-odd pages aside, these things you can absolutely depend upon. Price fixing and government-sanctioned monopolies.

"Net neutrality" is the Trojan Horse used as the vehicle for this invasion.

So you believe that ISP's that deliver the internet to you should be able to charge more for the same service?

In other words, you can't produce the slightest bit of evidence that it was subsidized.

Thanks for playing!

Every telecommunications company in this country is highly subsidized including mine, and I build the infrastructure. In 2014, it was $45M.

In other words, you can't produce the slightest bit of evidence that it was subsidized.

Thanks for playing!

Every telecommunications company in this country is highly subsidized including mine, and I build the infrastructure. In 2014, it was $45M.

then you should have no trouble naming the subsidies. Of course, yours is pure fantasy, so don't try using that as some kind of evidence.

She never made such a claim, dumbass. That was Tina Fey on Saturday night live.

Al Gore NEVER made the claim you are attributing him.

After this interview, Gore became the subject of controversy and ridicule when his statement "I took the initiative in creating the Internet"[53] was widely quoted out of context. It was often misquoted by comedians and figures in American popular media who framed this statement as a claim that Gore believed he had personally invented the Internet.[54] Gore's actual words, however, were widely reaffirmed by notable Internet pioneers, such as Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn, who stated, "No one in public life has been more intellectually engaged in helping to create the climate for a thriving Internet than the Vice President."[55]

Al Gore and information technology - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Palin actually said:

"They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska":
Read more at snopes.com Sarah Palin I Can See Russia from My House

Forum List

Back