End the Foolish War on Drugs

Originally posted by OCA
Yep only now you have to get into some shady situations or deal with shady characters. Again for the simple minded: logic dictates that if illicit drugs were legal and easy to get many, many more people would try and use them which in turn would lead to more addicts and a bigger class of people dependent on others because of their drug problems. Not so hard to understand.

Your limited knowledge on addiction diminishes your argument. Some people are predisposed to being addicted while others are not. Everyone who tries a narcotic will NOT become addicted ! People are given doses of narcotics every day in surgery. Why are they not addicted?? You need to have a litttle faith in people

Originally posted by dilloduck
Your limited knowledge on addiction diminishes your argument. Some people are predisposed to being addicted while others are not. Everyone who tries a narcotic will NOT become addicted ! People are given doses of narcotics every day in surgery. Why are they not addicted?? You need to have a litttle faith in people

So does the fact that some people are predisposed and others are not change the fact that illicit drugs are dangerous? Does it change the fact that you wish to have these dangers unleashed upon American society legally and at greater levels of usage and greater ease of procurement? Does it change the fact that what you are proposing is very dangerous to America?

Originally posted by OCA
So does the fact that some people are predisposed and others are not change the fact that illicit drugs are dangerous? Does it change the fact that you wish to have these dangers unleashed upon American society legally and at greater levels of usage and greater ease of procurement? Does it change the fact that what you are proposing is very dangerous to America?

You are merely assuming that legal drugs would be more dangerous than the situation than we have now. You are assuming that people will make wrong choices. You are assuming people cannot change thier habits. Don't insult people like that. Some people might believe that they can't help themselves by making wise decisions.

Originally posted by OCA
Can't refute it he Flasher/Chippewa?

You know you really are a waste of bandwith.

You gave me nothing to refute-- you need to make a point first.
Bandwith? Kid you're all analog.....

You think that if you could kick people out of society because you disapprove of thier politics it would stop at the drug legalization issue? Foolish ! Just look at this board. You would be booting til you feet got tired. In a short time YOU would be in a minority and gone too. Get real. This is not Iraq----its America !

In this instance, we were refering to booting people specifically on the "drug" issue.

It boils down to the fact that Joe Schmoe who's never tried or even thought about doing drugs before, but now that they're readily available down at the five and dime in rural bumb fuck Arkansas, he tries them. And lo and behold, we have a new addict. This would happen the country over. We would have a NATION of new experimenters and addicts. The drug problem would bring America to it's knee's and make it a second rate nation.

You people arguing that HARD FUCKING DRUGS should be LEGAL, are completely whacked out of your gordes. All I can say is "thank God you're not in control".

In summary:

In the 1920's, alcohol was made illegal by Prohibition. The result: Organized Crime. Criminals jumped at the chance to supply the demand for liquor. The streets became battlegrounds. The criminals bought off law enforcement and judges. Adulterated booze blinded and killed people. Civil rights were trampled in the hopeless attempt to keep people from drinking. When the American people saw what Prohibition was doing to them, they supported its repeal. When they succeeded, most states legalized liquor and the criminal gangs were out of the liquor business. Today's war on drugs is a re-run of Prohibition. Approximately 40 million Americans are occasional, peaceful users of some illegal drug who are no threat to anyone. They are not going to stop. The laws don't, and can't, stop drug use.

Whenever there is a great demand for a product and government makes it illegal, a black market always appears to supply the demand. The price of the product rises dramatically and the opportunity for huge profits is obvious. The criminal gangs love the situation, making millions. They kill other drug dealers, along with innocent people caught in the crossfire, to protect their territory. They corrupt police and courts. Pushers sell adulterated dope and experimental drugs, causing injury and death. And because drugs are illegal, their victims have no recourse.

Half the cost of law enforcement and prisons is squandered on drug related crime. Of all drug users, a relative few are addicts who commit crimes daily to supply artificially expensive habits. They are the robbers, car thieves and burglars who make our homes and streets unsafe.

Civil liberties suffer. We are all "suspects", subject to random urine tests, highway check points and spying into our personal finances. Your property can be seized without trial, if the police merely claim you got it with drug profits. Doing business with cash makes you a suspect. America is becoming a police state because of the war on drugs.

Today's illegal drugs were legal before 1914. Cocaine was even found in the original Coca-Cola recipe. Americans had few problems with cocaine, opium, heroin or marijuana. Drugs were inexpensive; crime was low. Most users handled their drug of choice and lived normal, productive lives. Addicts out of control were a tiny minority. The first laws prohibiting drugs were racist in origin -- to prevent Chinese laborers from using opium and to prevent blacks and Hispanics from using cocaine and marijuana. That was unjust and unfair, just as it is unjust and unfair to make criminals of peaceful drug users today.

Some Americans will always use alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other drugs. Most are not addicts, they are social drinkers or occasional users. Legal drugs would be inexpensive, so even addicts could support their habits with honest work, rather than by crime. Organized crime would be deprived of its profits. The police could return to protecting us from real criminals; and there would be room enough in existing prisons for them.

It's time to re-legalize drugs and let people take responsibility for themselves. Drug abuse is a tragedy and a sickness. Criminal laws only drive the problem underground and put money in the pockets of the criminal class. With drugs legal, compassionate people could do more to educate and rehabilitate drug users who seek help. Drugs should be legal. Individuals have the right to decide for themselves what to put in their bodies, so long as they take responsibility for their actions.

From the Mayor of Baltimore, Kurt Schmoke, to conservative writer and TV personality, William F. Buckley, Jr., leading Americans are now calling for repeal of America's repressive and ineffective drug laws. The Libertarian Party urges you to join in this effort to make our streets safer and our liberties.

Originally posted by nycflasher
You gave me nothing to refute-- you need to make a point first.
Bandwith? Kid you're all analog.....

Loserrrrrrrrrr L.

Lol you're the new board clown. Not good for debate but good for a laugh or two.

Originally posted by mattskramer
In summary:

In the 1920's, alcohol was made illegal by Prohibition. The result: Organized Crime. Criminals jumped at the chance to supply the demand for liquor. The streets became battlegrounds. The criminals bought off law enforcement and judges. Adulterated booze blinded and killed people. Civil rights were trampled in the hopeless attempt to keep people from drinking. When the American people saw what Prohibition was doing to them, they supported its repeal. When they succeeded, most states legalized liquor and the criminal gangs were out of the liquor business. Today's war on drugs is a re-run of Prohibition. Approximately 40 million Americans are occasional, peaceful users of some illegal drug who are no threat to anyone. They are not going to stop. The laws don't, and can't, stop drug use.

Whenever there is a great demand for a product and government makes it illegal, a black market always appears to supply the demand. The price of the product rises dramatically and the opportunity for huge profits is obvious. The criminal gangs love the situation, making millions. They kill other drug dealers, along with innocent people caught in the crossfire, to protect their territory. They corrupt police and courts. Pushers sell adulterated dope and experimental drugs, causing injury and death. And because drugs are illegal, their victims have no recourse.

Half the cost of law enforcement and prisons is squandered on drug related crime. Of all drug users, a relative few are addicts who commit crimes daily to supply artificially expensive habits. They are the robbers, car thieves and burglars who make our homes and streets unsafe.

Civil liberties suffer. We are all "suspects", subject to random urine tests, highway check points and spying into our personal finances. Your property can be seized without trial, if the police merely claim you got it with drug profits. Doing business with cash makes you a suspect. America is becoming a police state because of the war on drugs.

Today's illegal drugs were legal before 1914. Cocaine was even found in the original Coca-Cola recipe. Americans had few problems with cocaine, opium, heroin or marijuana. Drugs were inexpensive; crime was low. Most users handled their drug of choice and lived normal, productive lives. Addicts out of control were a tiny minority. The first laws prohibiting drugs were racist in origin -- to prevent Chinese laborers from using opium and to prevent blacks and Hispanics from using cocaine and marijuana. That was unjust and unfair, just as it is unjust and unfair to make criminals of peaceful drug users today.

Some Americans will always use alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other drugs. Most are not addicts, they are social drinkers or occasional users. Legal drugs would be inexpensive, so even addicts could support their habits with honest work, rather than by crime. Organized crime would be deprived of its profits. The police could return to protecting us from real criminals; and there would be room enough in existing prisons for them.

It's time to re-legalize drugs and let people take responsibility for themselves. Drug abuse is a tragedy and a sickness. Criminal laws only drive the problem underground and put money in the pockets of the criminal class. With drugs legal, compassionate people could do more to educate and rehabilitate drug users who seek help. Drugs should be legal. Individuals have the right to decide for themselves what to put in their bodies, so long as they take responsibility for their actions.

From the Mayor of Baltimore, Kurt Schmoke, to conservative writer and TV personality, William F. Buckley, Jr., leading Americans are now calling for repeal of America's repressive and ineffective drug laws. The Libertarian Party urges you to join in this effort to make our streets safer and our liberties.

Well the safer streets is an absolute laugher.

But more importantly is the simple fact they will never be legalized so why argue. Your position hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of fruition.

If Kurt Schmoke(leftist) is a spokesperson for ya, lord your in trouble.

Originally posted by OCA
Well the safer streets is an absolute laugher.

In the 1920's, alcohol was made illegal by Prohibition. The result: Organized Crime. Criminals jumped at the chance to supply the demand for liquor. The streets became battlegrounds. The criminals bought off law enforcement and judges. Adulterated booze blinded and killed people. Civil rights were trampled in the hopeless attempt to keep people from drinking.

So it goes with drugs.

But more importantly is the simple fact they will never be legalized so why argue. Your position hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of fruition.

I did not know that you were such a fortune teller. Did you predict that judges would attempt to allow gay marriage in Massachusetts?

If no one ever spoke out, because the consensus thought that a situation would never change, the situation would never change. The public would never be exposed to new ideas. Years ago the notion that women should be allowed to vote was scoffed and ridiculed. Practically no one thought that women would ever be allowed to vote. Women, and eventually some men, spoke out and gradually attitudes changed and eventually they were allowed to vote. So perhaps "hard drugs" will never ever be legalized. Still, it is not wrong to give your opinion.

That comment is a classic case of subtle generalization. Are you saying that just because someone is a liberal, he is wrong on every topic? I may find his reasons for the legalization of drugs to be sound. At the same time I may disagree on is position on other topics. It is really a case on mental laziness to conclude that because one is a liberal (or conservative) he must be correct or incorrect on every issue or that his points are not even worth consideration.

Originally posted by OCA

Really? Don't know much about him, but his Baltimore is doing alot better than your DC these days...

Originally posted by OCA
Loserrrrrrrrrr L.

Lol you're the new board clown. Not good for debate but good for a laugh or two.

Just cuz you can't hang doesn't mean you can't play, Funboy...

Originally posted by nycflasher
Just cuz you can't hang doesn't mean you can't play, Funboy...

Well I guess i'll have to wait until hell freezes over before I get something intelligent out of your ass. But wait, why do I argue with you? Can the Yankees(me) get something from playing a team in the Tidewater league(you)? No. I'm sticking with the upper crust here, you stay down and fight with Big D. He's more your level.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
OK you cock suckin' little prick, I'm taking that as a DIRECT FUCKING PERSONAL THREAT! I believe it to be the policy of this board that that's NOT ALLOWED! Aside from the fact that you're fucking high if you think you can mother fucker.

I'm going to wait and see what the mods do about this before I deal with you.

You have absolutely no fucking idea how over your head you are fucker.

PR,
You picked one of about three insults that would get me violent in real life. Child Molestor is one, Cuzzin F*cker, and Traitor. My response was over the top and I apologize.

And stilll you persist:

Originally posted by OCA

Well I guess i'll have to wait until hell freezes over before I get something intelligent out of your ass.
-stay away from my ass

But wait, why do I argue with you? Can the Yankees(me) get something from playing a team in the Tidewater league(you)?
-now you're jocking my baseball team?

No. I'm sticking with the upper crust here, you stay down and fight with Big D.
-Yeah, you're real upper-crust. :rolleyes:

Domino's crust, maybe.

Originally posted by pegwinn
PR,
You picked one of about three insults that would get me violent in real life. Child Molestor is one, Cuzzin F*cker, and Traitor. My response was over the top and I apologize.

Granted, I get excited on these boards too at what some will say. I'll be the first to admit that containing myself is a full time job. I understand how you felt. Apology accepted. Lets carry on.

One dose does not make one an addict--is that too hard to understand?

And you say you used to be a "DRUG COUNSELOR"? What the hell happened to your arguement about "predisposition".

"YES".... ONE HIT CAN and DOES make people addicts.

C'mooooon. Can't you liberals stick with one argument long enough to remember what you've said?

WAIT! I just figured it out. dildo is john kerry's brother.

Forum List

Back