End the Foolish War on Drugs

Discriminate against junkies LMAO! Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? What are junkies going to claim they've had their civil rights violated as a minority? LMFAO! They are junkies, they wouldn't be trustworthy or reliable as they would be high sometimes!

And no social services wasn't where I was going, crime was where I was going as I assume that being fired or denied employment for drug related offenses would not be eligible for unemployment.

Ok so some more money would be pumped into treatment, is that the same treatment that is currently on the whole a failure or would they be finding a more effective system of treatment than we currently have? I swear i'll make this real easy, if you go through treatment, get clean and are released back into society how much harder will it be to stay clean when you can go to Rite-Aid and get you some dope? Is that so hard to understand? This is all a moot point cause drugs are not going to be legalized, end of story.

Originally posted by Pale Rider

You are wishing that an evil of horrendous proportions be turned loose on the American people. One that can kill a man or woman with only one fucking application.

You people need reality checks. You're wishing death on people, or to become some slobbering vegetable sitting in a wheel chair for the rest of their life because they O.D. Or to be hopelessly addicted and loose everything they own, and left to wander through life a shell of the person that once was, stealing and killing to be able to buy their next fix. You people are enemies of the nation, and should be jailed for conspiracy to over throw the country by addicting and killing it's population. You make me sick, and reaffirm the reason's why I hate liberals so. You're fucking dangerous with your demented agenda.

REALITY CHECK? Here's a reality check for you. Druggies are worthless and weak. Those that die are "collateral damage" to use your metaphor. The innocent, the self disciplined, the casualties of the multiple drive-bys that occur daily in our gang run, drug infested neighborhoods are also collateral right? Lets not forget the dead judges in columbia, the DEA Agents gunned down, and the overcrowded prisons. Collateral Right? Got it?

As to OCA AND YOUR ASSERTATION that smokes and johnny walker aren't in the league of crack and heroin............BULLSHIT. T&A causes one fifth of all deaths nationwide. Crack is a high profile with a low casualty rate by comparison.

I don't do drugs. I used to smoke and I still drink. That is my right as an American Citizen. And I am accountable for my own stupidity. No lawsuits to Coors or big tobacco from my end of texas. I don't wish death on anyone. But, If you want to snort coke, fine, that should be your right as an American. If you die, fine, that should be your right as well.

Originally posted by OCA
Discriminate against junkies LMAO! Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? What are junkies going to claim they've had their civil rights violated as a minority? LMFAO! They are junkies, they wouldn't be trustworthy or reliable as they would be high sometimes!

I think that you assumed much from my comment. All I said was that people might discriminate against junkies. I did not say whether or not such discrimination was justified. I did not say that junkies would have their civil rights violated. People discriminate against people every day. I discriminate against junkies. I prefer to be associated with people who are clean and sober.

And no social services wasn't where I was going, crime was where I was going as I assume that being fired or denied employment for drug related offenses would not be eligible for unemployment.

Good. Some junkies may be able to hide their addiction and/or some businesses may tolerate junkies. Some junkies may get support from the church, private charity, friends, and family. I think that I read that private charity has a higher success rate that do government programs particularly in the area of drug addiction. At any rate, there would be more room available for real criminals (those who would rob and kill).

Ok so some more money would be pumped into treatment, is that the same treatment that is currently on the whole a failure or would they be finding a more effective system of treatment than we currently have?

Less money would be needed because many, if not most, of the nonviolent but unemployable druggies will find help from friends, family, and private charity services. Some of the money spent to arrest and jail such people could be given back to the private community.

I swear i'll make this real easy, if you go through treatment, get clean and are released back into society how much harder will it be to stay clean when you can go to Rite-Aid and get you some dope? Is that so hard to understand? This is all a moot point cause drugs are not going to be legalized, end of story.

It would be easier to get dope if it becomes legal but it is also easy to live an unhealthy life style even after you have been treated for a severe illness. It is up to the individual to make the decision. It is a tradeoff. To what degree are we going to have government baby-sit people (even adults) from making bad decisions and to what degree are we going to allow people the freedom to make decisions on their own (even if some of them make bad decisions)? I support giving people more freedom even if they make bad choices.

Now, where is my triple-deck Whopper with extra bacon, my extra-long cigar, wet vodka, and couch for the rest of the night?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
alot of people feel that if the 'taboo' or illegality of drugs is removed, the want to do them will decrease.

And that's it in a nut shell, the arguement "for" legalization of hard drugs.

Thing is, that is EXACTLY what I disbelieve. I believe there would be hundreds, THOUSANDS of people that had NEVER tried drugs before because they were law abiding people, and they'd try them "BECAUSE" they were now legal. This I believe would create a MASSIVE amount of NEW ADDICTS. And it would continue. It wouldn't go away.

And that's why I'm against it.

Originally posted by OCA
I happen to feel differently. I think with ease of availability will come a whole new crop of people trying illicit drugs. Some will be able to take a hit and never come back, most will be caught in the spiral.

There ya go OCA. I responded to DK's remark and said exactly the same thing even before I read up to your's here.

Just goes to show... "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE". :D

Yeah I know... the libs"ll chew the hell otta that statement! LMAO!

Originally posted by dilloduck
I guess you'll have a great time living on earth all by yourself when you "remove" everyone you disapprove of.

Sorry dildo, but it's the MAJORITY that stands with "US". There'd be plenty of people left.

Originally posted by pegwinn
. CALL ME A TRAITOR TO MY FACE AND I WILL STOMP YOUR ASS.

OK you cock suckin' little prick, I'm taking that as a DIRECT FUCKING PERSONAL THREAT! I believe it to be the policy of this board that that's NOT ALLOWED! Aside from the fact that you're fucking high if you think you can mother fucker.

I'm going to wait and see what the mods do about this before I deal with you.

You have absolutely no fucking idea how over your head you are fucker.

There ya go OCA. I responded to DK's remark and said exactly the same thing even before I read up to your's here.

Just goes to show... "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE". :D

Yeah I know... the libs"ll chew the hell otta that statement! LMAO!

Correct:D Don't worry about these guys, a few their hearts are in the right places but the brain is short circuiting, from drugs maybe?

Oh shit if threats are a problem I should've been banned a long time ago, ask RWA!

Originally posted by OCA
Facts are: these drugs you want legalized are far too dangerous to be leashed upon society legally and treatment is currently a sham and i'm not sure that there is a way to successfully treat an addict when the availability of drugs in America is everywhere but I do know that legalizing them doesn't help but only exasperates the situation.

and heres where we need to start making the distinction between natural drugs and manufactured drugs. Crack, X, and others of that nature are manufactured, not natural. Marijuana is a natural drug. Don't you agree that this needs to be stipulated?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by pegwinn
. CALL ME A TRAITOR TO MY FACE AND I WILL STOMP YOUR ASS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK you cock suckin' little prick, I'm taking that as a DIRECT FUCKING PERSONAL THREAT! I believe it to be the policy of this board that that's NOT ALLOWED! Aside from the fact that you're fucking high if you think you can mother fucker.

I'm going to wait and see what the mods do about this before I deal with you.

You have absolutely no fucking idea how over your head you are fucker.

alright gentlemen. before we get over the top of things lets cool it down now. thank you.

Crack, X, and others of that nature are manufactured, not natural. Marijuana is a natural drug.

Marijuana can only be argued as a "natural drug" if it is of the homegrown variety. It is well known in the law enforcement community that dealers lace their pot with some of the same ingredients that go into crack, X, and others of that nature. The reasoning for this is "the better my shit is, the better it will sell." This puts marijuana into the manufactured catagory.

Originally posted by armstrong80
Marijuana can only be argued as a "natural drug" if it is of the homegrown variety. It is well known in the law enforcement community that dealers lace their pot with some of the same ingredients that go into crack, X, and others of that nature. The reasoning for this is "the better my shit is, the better it will sell." This puts marijuana into the manufactured catagory.

thats modified, not manufactured, however I do agree somewhat that lacing shit is not cool and should be extra illegal.

and heres where we need to start making the distinction between natural drugs and manufactured drugs. Crack, X, and others of that nature are manufactured, not natural. Marijuana is a natural drug. Don't you agree that this needs to be stipulated?

DK go back through this whole thread, i've already said that a ways back;)

Sorry dildo, but it's the MAJORITY that stands with "US". There'd be plenty of people left.

You think that if you could kick people out of society because you disapprove of thier politics it would stop at the drug legalization issue? Foolish ! Just look at this board. You would be booting til you feet got tired. In a short time YOU would be in a minority and gone too. Get real. This is not Iraq----its America !

Originally posted by OCA
I happen to feel differently. I think with ease of availability will come a whole new crop of people trying illicit drugs.

Do you think that availability is not there now?

Originally posted by nycflasher
Do you think that availability is not there now?

Yep only now you have to get into some shady situations or deal with shady characters. Again for the simple minded: logic dictates that if illicit drugs were legal and easy to get many, many more people would try and use them which in turn would lead to more addicts and a bigger class of people dependent on others because of their drug problems. Not so hard to understand.

Originally posted by OCA
Yep only now you have to get into some shady situations or deal with shady characters. Again for the simple minded: logic dictates that if illicit drugs were legal and easy to get many, many more people would try and use them which in turn would lead to more addicts and a bigger class of people dependent on others because of their drug problems. Not so hard to understand.

A simple-mided approach to a complex problem.

New Topics

Forum List

Back