Zone1 Elongated Posting

Most of the really long ones I see are cut and pastes by posters who have never entertained an original thought in their entire life.

Putting a sensible limit to the lengths of thes cot and pastes would certainly help.

I actually agree with this post Dogma. People slap a whole bunch of stuff from other sources in an effort to somehow prove their point.

Sometimes it bites them in the ass though. I'm one of those who actually reads the links and the information presented, and while the first few sentences or paragraphs might agree with the OP, further down it sometimes contradicts the point they were trying to make.

That being said, yeah, I'm guilty. Sometimes my experiences that I'm relating from my own life can be a bit lengthy, but I feel that sometimes the explanation is needed to show why I feel like I do, as not everything is black and white or yes or no. There are lots of grey areas in life.

If this post is too long in explaining the reason I feel like I do, sorry about that, but those things needed to be said to sufficiently show why I feel that way.

So.................what you are asking for is that people do bumper sticker length posts so your tiny brain can successfully absorb them?
There is a middle ground. Bloviation in unduly verbose form (such as the shit offered by DumpHole ) is a waste of time.

Of course, even boiled down to bumper sticker size, his stuff is still a waste of time.

There are folks here that continually post overly long replies that I don't bother to read. Keep your posts short and to the point. Brevity is the soul of wit.
Same here. Also, those that reply with a multi quote doesn't get read either. I know what I wrote, I don't want to re-read it in snippets with their retarded bits inbetween.

Same here. Also, those that reply with a multi quote doesn't get read either. I know what I wrote, I don't want to re-read it in snippets with their retarded bits inbetween.
That’s a way I respond to longer posts. Otherwise, my replies to the other member’s words are divorced from their specific context. You can skim over the broken up repeat of your points.

While people might use the multi quote as a way to respond point by point to what was said, I think it's more for the people who are reading what they are responding to so they can know what the conversation is all about.

While people might use the multi quote as a way to respond point by point to what was said, I think it's more for the people who are reading what they are responding to so they can know what the conversation is all about.
I'm sure most people are aware of the topic and don't need a step by step analysis. Those long posts are a waste of time and effort.

Forum List

Back