Elon puts progressive Stephen King in his place

hahah Churches provide meals for the homeless, shelters, etc....they are literally non-profit organizations.

But read the study in the links provided...it's not just churches....Conservatives donate even more of their own blood.
Dembots are just selfish people
They profit first by panhandling for government funding so that they themselves don't have to continue on in charity lines, so that they don't (justifiably) appear as dereliction in all its original splendor. Religion's pathology is masked from the start, each fiscal year. duh

I think the conservative obsession over the blue check mark is just another reminder of how conservatives always wanted to be able to sit at the cool kids table back in high school and were rejected.....they have failed to get over that rejection ever since......hence is why they are so giddy that they feel they can determine who gets to sit at the "cool table" now -- even if it is something as trivial as a blue check mark
The lefties are obsessed with their blue check marks. They are the ones screaming about them.

Because they are unlike other charities. The vast majority of money given to a local church stays within the walls of the church.
Not the churches I've given to. The churches I've supported had very effective and far-reaching outreaches. They would drive seniors around town (grocery store, doctor, basic errands). They would deliver meals to the needy. They would deliver toys and clothing around Christmastime. Don't let your bias get in the way of the facts.

Generally ... liberals are on the receiving end of charity -- but rarely grateful for all of that free stuff.
It makes sense. The longer the organism stands in charity lines, the more sensitive it gets (Albuquerque: stabbings in charity food lines).

Very few do those things.

Less than 5% of what they bring in goes back out for those things...

The largest charity in the world is Catholic Charities I would disagree that "very few" do those things....it might be true that in a lot of churches it's smaller part of their budget, especially as your link says (which doesn't support your claim that very few churches do those things) don't spend as much, espcially smaller churches with less then 200 members.

Of course churches have to also pay their employees, pay taxes like Medicare and Medicaid, pay their bills etc.

Geez, your link doesn't support your claim at all

Not the churches I've given to. The churches I've supported had very effective and far-reaching outreaches. They would drive seniors around town (grocery store, doctor, basic errands). They would deliver meals to the needy. They would deliver toys and clothing around Christmastime. Don't let your bias get in the way of the facts.

My church does all that, too, as well as extensive disaster relief around the world. In my experiences, most churches prioritize outreach and giving to the community and beyond.

Conservatives give more to the poor,
You just repeated the fallacy, where you define paying dues to your own social club as charitable giving.

---
Republicans and Democrats give roughly equal amounts to religious organisations aside from their own congregations, and we also find some evidence that Democrats donate more to non-religious organisations than Republicans. In other words, the baseline difference in charitable giving emerges because Republicans are more religious than Democrats, and religious people donate generously to their religious congregations.
---

heck...they even donate more BLOOD
Understand that Brooks just makes nonsense up, including his blood statistics, by fudging the question of what defines liberals and conservatives. This paper talks about how.

Dembots are faithless people, that don't give to charity...because they are selfish people
You got a major hate-tingle out of that, didn't you?

Turn back from the path of hatred that you've chosen.

However, confiscating a person's right to psychologically rewarding activities rather than charity must be interdicted at some point to put a leash on religion's charity. Supporting charity for the more disabled is a different thing than supporting a more independent program for personally-prepared meals and the piece-by-piece building of their shelters.

Person-built tiny homes of the future will put a serious dent in religious overconfidence, a confidence that has continued unabated since the Neolithic.

My church does all that, too, as well as extensive disaster relief around the world. In my experiences, most churches prioritize outreach and giving to the community and beyond.
Im sure people who give a lot of money to churches really want to believe that.

I think the conservative obsession over the blue check mark is just another reminder of how conservatives always wanted to be able to sit at the cool kids table back in high school and were rejected.....they have failed to get over that rejection ever since......hence is why they are so giddy that they feel they can determine who gets to sit at the "cool table" now -- even if it is something as trivial as a blue check mark
by cool kids you mean the ones strung out on dope and suffering from an std...right

Did you ever sit on the budget committees for any of these churches?

All of those things are cheap and cost basically nothing.

Till about a decade ago I was as involved in church as one can be. If the door was open I was there. I served on committees from budget to outreach and more. My wife and I started Children's churches in two separate churches and ran an AWANA club with more than 1000 kids in it.

The facts are 95% of what is given to a church stays in the walls of said church.

The largest charity in the world is Catholic Charities I would disagree that "very few" do those things....it might be true that in a lot of churches it's smaller part of their budget, especially as your link says (which doesn't support your claim that very few churches do those things) don't spend as much, espcially smaller churches with less then 200 members.

Of course churches have to also pay their employees, pay taxes like Medicare and Medicaid, pay their bills etc.

Geez, your link doesn't support your claim at all

My link shows that 95% of the money coming into a church stays in the walls of said church.

Generally ... liberals are on the receiving end of charity -- but rarely grateful for all of that free stuff.

Televangelist says God told him he needs 4th private plane​

1682350478286.png
USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com › televangelist-wants-new-jet

May 29, 2018 — Specifically, God told Duplantis he needs a Dassault Falcon 7X, a three-engine private jet capable of carrying 12 to 16 passengers at speeds up .

Wealthy televangelist explains his fleet of private jets​

1682350511964.png
Florida Times-Union
https://www.jacksonville.com › story › news › 2019/06/04

In the waning days of 2015, renowned televangelist Kenneth Copeland laid out exactly why he needs a luxury private jet to do his job: You can't "talk to ...

Megachurches, Megamansions: Pastors' Homes Valued in ...​

1682350608937.png
Julie Roys
https://julieroys.com › megachurch-mega-mansion-pas...

Mar 1, 2022 — Osteen, pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, owns a 15,700-square-foot mansion in Houston appraised at almost $12 million.

Pastor David E. Taylor's church buys $8.3 million mansion​

1682350638314.png
The Christian Post
https://www.christianpost.com › news › pastor-david-e...

Apr 25, 2022 — Taylor's church buys $8.3 million mansion from Tampa Bay Buccaneers co-owner ... The .3 million mansion in Tampa, Florida, Pastor David E.

Pastor Lives In $1.8m Mansion Paid For By The Church He ...​

1682350700161.png
LADbible
https://www.ladbible.com › news-erwe-20190121

Jan 21, 2019 — An American pastor who bought his wife a top-of-the-range super car, is now living in a $1.8 million (£1.4 million) mansion bought for him ...

Florida Pastor, Son Tried to Use COVID Money for $3.7M ...​

1682350755378.png
insider.com
https://www.insider.com › News

Dec 15, 2022 — A Florida pastor and his son used a COVID-era PPP loan to try to buy a $3.7 million Disney World mansion, federal prosecutors alleged.

Megachurch With Ferrari-Driving Pastor Gives Back $4.4M ...​

1682350844037.png
Yahoo
https://news.yahoo.com › megachurch-ferrari-driving-...

Oct 9, 2021 — Joe Raedle/GettyA Houston megachurch, whose celebrity pastor is reportedly worth $50 million, has repaid the federal government $4.4 million ...

Trump signs order seeking to allow churches to engage in ...​

1682351011844.png
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2017/05/04

May 4, 2017 — President Trump on Thursday signed an executive order aimed at making it easier for churches to participate in politics, seeking to deliver ...

Televangelists, megachurches tied to Trump approved for ...
1682350963910.png
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › article › televangelists-mega...

Jul 6, 2020 — Megachurches and other religious organizations with ties to vocal supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump were approved for millions of ...

Attachments

• 1682350844126.png
    1682350844126.png
    470 bytes · Views: 4
Did you ever sit on the budget committees for any of these churches?

All of those things are cheap and cost basically nothing.

Till about a decade ago I was as involved in church as one can be. If the door was open I was there. I served on committees from budget to outreach and more. My wife and I started Children's churches in two separate churches and ran an AWANA club with more than 1000 kids in it.

The facts are 95% of what is given to a church stays in the walls of said church.
There's a lot more to giving than just the monetary cost but if you don't have a charitable spirit you probably wouldn't understand. It's also why Conservatives (generally Christian) are far more giving than liberals are. Liberals are worried about how much it will cost to give. Conservatives consider the cost if they DON'T give.

Forum List

Back