Congressional Hearing Disrupted by Leftist Activists - Insurrection 2.0?

Delldude

Sheep Dipped Boy Scout
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2014
Plasticville U.S.A
I thought people disrupt Congressional hearing are thrown into political prison. Where's the Shaman?

Gun control activists swarmed the Capitol on Thursday, disrupting a congressional hearing concerning possible efforts made by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to curb Americans' Second Amendment rights.
Gun control activists also threw a fit inside the Capitol, shouting through a hearing entitled "ATF's Assault on the Second Amendment," held by a subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee, reported Reuters.

One of the activists yelled, "All of you are full of s***," reported the Washington Examiner.
Activists evidently chose to ignore the chairman's warning and continued to interfere with the hearing, prompting Fallon to wonder aloud, "Is this an insurrection? ... I don't want another January 6, do we?"

Fallon asked, "Does the Capitol Police not do their jobs? What in the hell is going on?" ahead of calling a recess.

Oliver's arrest was caught on camera:

The Miami Herald reported that Oliver was not put in jail and his wife, Patricia — the other agitator who had disrupted the hearing with him — was not arrested.

Fallon and Biggs had called the hearing to examine the ATF actions "aimed at curtailing the ability of lawful gun owners to exercise their Second Amendment rights."

Last edited:
I thought people disrupt Congressional hearing are thrown into political prison. Where's the Shaman?

Gun control activists swarmed the Capitol on Thursday, disrupting a congressional hearing concerning possible efforts made by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to curb Americans' Second Amendment rights.
Gun control activists also threw a fit inside the Capitol, shouting through a hearing entitled "ATF's Assault on the Second Amendment," held by a subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee, reported Reuters.

One of the activists yelled, "All of you are full of s***," reported the Washington Examiner.
Activists evidently chose to ignore the chairman's warning and continued to interfere with the hearing, prompting Fallon to wonder aloud, "Is this an insurrection? ... I don't want another January 6, do we?"

Fallon asked, "Does the Capitol Police not do their jobs? What in the hell is going on?" ahead of calling a recess.

Oliver's arrest was caught on camera:

The Miami Herald reported that Oliver was not put in jail and his wife, Patricia — the other agitator who had disrupted the hearing with him — was not arrested.

Fallon and Biggs had called the hearing to examine the ATF actions "aimed at curtailing the ability of lawful gun owners to exercise their Second Amendment rights."

Were they there to see that the results of a free and fair election were thrown out?....no?....well..then...sorry, no insurrection.

I do appreciate the attempt at outrage. Evidently, that's all a lot people on the right feel anymore. :)

Were they there to see that the results of a free and fair election were thrown out?....no?....well..then...sorry, no insurrection.

I do appreciate the attempt at outrage. Evidently, that's all a lot people on the right feel anymore. :)
Sure sounds like the same laws apply.

• More than 306 defendants have been charged with corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding, or attempting to do so.
  • Approximately 55 defendants have been charged with conspiracy, either: (a) conspiracy to obstruct a congressional proceeding, (b) conspiracy to obstruct law enforcement during a civil disorder, (c) conspiracy to injure an officer, or (d) some combination of the three.

• More than 306 defendants have been charged with corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding, or attempting to do so.
  • Approximately 55 defendants have been charged with conspiracy, either: (a) conspiracy to obstruct a congressional proceeding, (b) conspiracy to obstruct law enforcement during a civil disorder, (c) conspiracy to injure an officer, or (d) some combination of the three.
Yeah sorry, advocating for gun control just doesn't quite have the same ring of INSURRECTION!!.
There were literally hundreds of people there on January 6th who won't even get a cross phone call from the DOJ.
If it makes you feel better, charge these people with trespassing and fine them. That's what they've done to a lot of 1/6...erm.."sightseers"..:)

Yeah sorry, advocating for gun control just doesn't quite have the same ring of INSURRECTION!!.
There were literally hundreds of people there on January 6th who won't even get a cross phone call from the DOJ.
If it makes you feel better, charge these people with trespassing and fine them. That's what they've done to a lot of 1/6...erm.."sightseers"..:)
Meh......equal application of the law isn't the standard, these actions just proved it....and your lack of respect for it is noted.

charged with corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding, or attempting to do so.

conspiracy, either: (a) conspiracy to obstruct a congressional proceeding, (b) conspiracy to obstruct law enforcement during a civil disorder, (c) conspiracy to injure an officer, or (d) some combination of the three.

I'm pretty sure this was an official proceeding as it was adjourned just like the one on January 6th.

Meh......equal application of the law isn't the standard, these actions just proved it....and your lack of respect for it is noted.

charged with corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding, or attempting to do so.

conspiracy, either: (a) conspiracy to obstruct a congressional proceeding, (b) conspiracy to obstruct law enforcement during a civil disorder, (c) conspiracy to injure an officer, or (d) some combination of the three.

I'm pretty sure this was an official proceeding as it was adjourned just the the one on January 6th.
So far, from what I've seen, the only people in jail aound January 6th..are the people that deserve to be in jail. And a lot more won't even see a sternly written letter over what they participated in that day.

I get it. You see nothing wrong with what went on 1/6/2021. And you will make every attempt to equate anything that comes close to your definition of wrong as being as bad.
When it's not even close.

I get it. You see nothing wrong with what went on 1/6/2021. And you will make every attempt to equate anything that comes close to your definition of wrong as being as bad.
When it's not even close.
No, it's you who doesn't get it...and for the record, I've previously stated here, many times, that the people who broke the law J6 should face the consequences of their actions.
The same laws were broken at the Congressional hearing yesterday, but you fail to acknowledge those people should have been held accountable for their actions, also.

Same laws, different political group.

No, it's you who doesn't get it...and for the record, I've previously stated here, many times, that the people who broke the law J6 should face the consequences of their actions.
The same laws were broken at the Congressional hearing yesterday, but you fail to acknowledge those people should have been held accountable for their actions, also.

And again, if yesterday were about tossing out the results of a free and fair election and impeding the peaceful transition of power, I'd agree with you.
But that's not what happened. So arrest them, let em cool off overnight. Fine em and put em on a no enter list.

And again, if yesterday were about tossing out the results of a free and fair election and impeding the peaceful transition of power, I'd agree with you.
But that's not what happened. So arrest them, let em cool off overnight. Fine em and put em on a no enter list.
Doesn't matter how or who breaks the laws, they should be applied equally.

Different political group ? What's different about them ? The second amendment crowd are the same crowd that was there on J6. Yeah different issue's as you point out, but the same patriotic American's who are simply fed up with what's happening to this COUNTRY. I'm glad they got it right this time, and saw the disrupters as nothing more than those venting their frustrations before their rights are infringed upon.

It's about time the weak congress critter's finally got a spine, and didn't coward in the face of American distention and protest, otherwise because they knew it was just American's peacefully venting their frustrations over government actions that are not in line with our constitution.

The government trying to play the easy game, and this by lumping all citizen's into the same pot is where it's all going to hell in this country.

That’s not what happened on 1/6 either. And your mindless partisan fake definition of “insurrection” is not what the word means anyway.
Which isn’t true either — at least for those on the right. You leftards need “outrage” so much that you invent bullshit “reasons” to cry about it.

Last edited:
Different political group ? What's different about them ? The second amendment crowd are the same crowd that was there on J6. Yeah different issue's as you point out, but the same patriotic American's who are simply fed up with what's happening to this COUNTRY. I'm glad they got it right this time, and saw the disrupters as nothing more than those venting their frustrations before their rights are infringed upon.

It's about time the weak congress critter's finally got a spine, and didn't coward in the face of American distention and protest, otherwise because they knew it was just American's peacefully venting their frustrations over government actions that are not in line with our constitution.

The government trying to play the easy game, and this by lumping all citizen's into the same pot is where it's all going to hell in this country.
The group in question here were not pro 2A by any means.

The group in question here were not pro 2A by any means.
But they were disrupting a 2A hearing, otherwise being in favor of the 2nd right ? Sorry I should have looked for the story before commenting in a confused state about it. So they were a anti-2A group.. Got it. I should have known by you being the author of this op, so I guess I got to do my homework better... I must say that I was surprised thinking you had an angle in this... LOL

Keep on making false equivalencies.

So that law making it illegal to interrupt a congressional hearing is only true if it's about the erection that happened on Jan 6th? Are you really this stupid?

Ain't free speech a first class, iron clad bitch DD. No violence, just people excercising

Ain't the First Amendment Right To Freedom of Speech a first class, iron clad fucking bitch? People exercising their First Amendment Rights and ReNaziKlans bitch about it.

Tell me MAGA MAGGOTS, how many U.S. Capitol Hill Police Officers were beaten with metal polls and fire extinguishers?

How many those protester's shit on the floor of the United States House of Representatives.

How many gallows were erected to hang a sitting U.S. Vice President.

How many protester's were calling Kevin Yellow Legs McCarthy to come out.

How many Law Enforcement personnel were injured or killed?

Fuck Off MAGA MAGGOT.

No, no, no. You do not understand. It's only insurrection if or when it prevents or delays a democrat from gaining stolen control of the government.

As to the Capitol police, they were unavailable during the meeting having a film seminar on crowd control down the hall as the last time they expected to be needed was during a GOP congressional hearing! :smoke:

Forum List

Back