Elizabeth Edwards

I heard about this earlier today. Very sad. :(

Elizabeth Edwards, stoic as her husband's presidential ambitions collapsed, her marriage crumbled and cancer sapped her strength, thanked her supporters online Monday as word spread the disease may take her life within weeks.

"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered," Edwards wrote on her Facebook page. "We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful."

The Edwards family issued a statement that said doctors have told Edwards that further treatment for her cancer would be unproductive. And a family friend who is among those who have gathered with Edwards at her North Carolina home told The Associated Press that she is gravely ill.

Elizabeth Edwards gravely ill with cancer - Yahoo! News

Poor thing.

Not that there's really any good way to go, but there are ways that are better than others.

so very sad

She gave it a good fight, though it looks like she is loosing or has lost, the battle.

:(

She continues to work and that's so admirable. Healthcare for all Americans is her issue and she pleads a good case.

Her husband, the asshole is with her and the children so says the article. Not sure that she wants him there but he's there anyway.

She also worked to get money out of his hands and into her children's hands. She's tough and she loves her kids.

She's right nobody gets out alive, hope her suffering is minimal.

and I know I should start another thread on this, but I have to say, John Edwards is an ASSHOLE....(regarding his marriage/divorcing elizabeth during the toughest time of her life, his affair, his illigitimate child, his own children and so on and so forth....) one selfish, egotistical, bastard.

If you agree with me, PLEASE start another thread and don't continue to hijack (luissa's)edit: OOPS- I mean Willow's thread, as I just wrongfully did....:(

Care

Elizabeth Edwards, stoic as her husband's presidential ambitions collapsed, her marriage crumbled and cancer sapped her strength, thanked her supporters online Monday as word spread the disease may take her life within weeks.

"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered," Edwards wrote on her Facebook page. "We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful."

The Edwards family issued a statement that said doctors have told Edwards that further treatment for her cancer would be unproductive. And a family friend who is among those who have gathered with Edwards at her North Carolina home told The Associated Press that she is gravely ill.

Elizabeth Edwards gravely ill with cancer - Yahoo! News
Woah! I thought she was gaining ground on it. How tragic.

She is one brave woman. What a class act all the way.

Along with the hardships of a troubled marriage, this lady has kept her dignity and battled a terminal disease. She has shown strength when a lot of other people would have caved in to the pressures that has been heaped upon her. She is a remarkable lady and I wish her well for the remaining days of her life. She has suffered enough, both mentally and physically, so I hope for her peace and compassion for her remaining journey through life.

Forum List

Back