Elizabeth Edwards

and I know I should start another thread on this, but I have to say, John Edwards is an ASSHOLE....(regarding his marriage/divorcing elizabeth during the toughest time of her life, his affair, his illigitimate child, his own children and so on and so forth....) one selfish, egotistical, bastard.

If you agree with me, PLEASE start another thread and don't continue to hijack luissa's thread, as I just wrongfully did....:(

Care
or we could just thank the post ;)

A lot of people have critized her for "standing by her man".

I won't be one of them. I think any of us who know what it is like to be married to a serial adulter know what its like to hang in for the long run.

For me, the thought of aids did it. So long my darling. So many years. See ya. My ex husband actually looked like a deer in the headlights when I said goodbye.

But I do understand the what and the why of Elizabeths choices till the end.

Godspeed sweetheart. Prayers tonight for you.

The Edwards family released the following statement on Monday:
Elizabeth Edwards dies Tuesday afternoon - WDAM - Channel 7 - Serving Hattiesburg, Laurel and the Pine Belt

You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope.

These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined.

The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that.

And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human.

But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious.

And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.

With love,
Elizabeth

I thought she handed her problems with grace she was a class act.
pity her ex didnt follow her example
condolences to her family
now she is at peace

All I can think of is how john Edwards cheated on her and caused her to legally separate. In north Carolina, you need a year of legal separation before divorce, which is what she intended to do, and undoubtedly this would have led to john giving her much of his possessions. The conveniently timed death prevented this mess. I simply can't put john Edwards above expediting her demise. He comes off as that much of a scumbag.

Forum List

Back