Elementary school shooting

You know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of, which is all you needed to know to qualify with a gun in the Army.

Thanks for making my point.

Another thing, I do not now, nor have I ever, owned a gun. Hopefully, I never will, I don't particularly like them. That does not mean I want the government telling me I can't own own one, nor does it mean I have to pretend to be an expert in order to argue about them.

If you can't own a gun, it's probably because you are on every mental health watch list in the country, but that's neither here nor there.

Point is, military grade weapons should not be in the hands of crazy people. Period.

If you guys can't self-police, someone will do it for you.

Funny, I don't recall saying can't. Even if I was on one of those lists, I am willing to bet I could get a gun without to much trouble, but there is no legal reason for me not to get one.

Point it, you don't know what you are talking about. those so called military grade weapons are actually less lethal than hunting weapons.

What makes a person qualified to have a gun?

1) A full training course
2) A full background check.
3) Licenising, consumerate with the level of lethality of the weapon.
4) Insurance, based on same.

1. Full training, what does that mean? As far as I am concerned, once a person knows which end the bullet comes out of they are qualified to have a gun. The military pretty much agrees with that assessment, which is why they let you have one.
  2. We already do background checks on gun purchases, stop acting like it is a new idea.
  3. Lethality of the weapon? Do some guns kill people more than once? if not, they are all equally lethal.
  4. Insurance based on the fact that some guns can kill you two, or more, times. How do you expect to make that work?

Joe the above bold says it all...

bigrebnc1775 I appreciate the exchange that you and I have so please don't take my aggressive stance as a hostile gesture towards you, I guess you and I have different views. Perhaps you and I can come to a common ground on this matter?

1) A full training course
2) A full background check.
3) Licenising, consumerate with the level of lethality of the weapon.
4) Insurance, based on same.

1. Full training, what does that mean? As far as I am concerned, once a person knows which end the bullet comes out of they are qualified to have a gun. The military pretty much agrees with that assessment, which is why they let you have one.
  2. We already do background checks on gun purchases, stop acting like it is a new idea.
  3. Lethality of the weapon? Do some guns kill people more than once? if not, they are all equally lethal.
  4. Insurance based on the fact that some guns can kill you two, or more, times. How do you expect to make that work?

Given how many people are killed in gun accidents or their children are killed in gun accidents or their deranged kid brings a gun to school and shoots up a bunch of people, I'd say that "knowing which end of the gun the bullet comes out of" is a tad inadequate as training.

Why does JoeB keep proposing regulations that we already have?

Why do you keep pretending these regulations exist? Or are effectively being enforced when we haven't had a head of the ATF for six years.

Are you denying the reality that they do exist? The only real complaint you have is that states do not share data that their laws prevent them from sharing, ie. the medical records of people who have not been charged with, or convicted of, a crime.

Given how many people are killed in gun accidents or their children are killed in gun accidents or their deranged kid brings a gun to school and shoots up a bunch of people, I'd say that "knowing which end of the gun the bullet comes out of" is a tad inadequate as training.

If we are to believe everything you type n this board, it worked for you.

Why does JoeB keep proposing regulations that we already have?

Why do you keep pretending these regulations exist? Or are effectively being enforced when we haven't had a head of the ATF for six years.

Are you denying the reality that they do exist? The only real complaint you have is that states do not share data that their laws prevent them from sharing, ie. the medical records of people who have not been charged with, or convicted of, a crime.

40% of guns are sold without a background check.

No, the gun laws aren't being enforced, and they aren't strong enough.

Bull shit if you're referring to private sales that is total bull shit. Private sales are between friends for the most part and their back ground has already been checked by the seller. Your 40% is a myth.

If we are to believe everything you type n this board, it worked for you.

Frankly, you believe in so much crazy shit, like Ron Paul is smart, it's kind of hard to take you seriously.

aretard.jpg

Bull shit if you're referring to private sales that is total bull shit. Private sales are between friends for the most part and their back ground has already been checked by the seller. Your 40% is a myth.

Point is, law enforcement didn't do a background check, and "Cleetus seems like a good guy" is hardly a background check.

Let us not forget, the Columbine shooters bought guns from friends, privately. Friends who are now doing hard time because the shooters weren't around to hang.

Merry Christmas, gun yanker psychos. My children are enjoying the pellet gun I got my 9 y.o. son. We've been shooting the shit out of stuff. It's a hoot.

What a shame the principal wasn't armed. We wouldn't be having the same conversation, though I've no doubt that the baby killing pieces of shit opining in this thread would then have attacked her for daring to kill the poor soul who intended to slaughter a bunch of kids.

Point is, law enforcement didn't do a background check, and "Cleetus seems like a good guy" is hardly a background check.

Let us not forget, the Columbine shooters bought guns from friends, privately. Friends who are now doing hard time because the shooters weren't around to hang.

What a stupid Statist thing to say. Friends know friends there isn't any Cleetus seems like a good guy. If I buy a firearm from a friend they know me they already know my background better than any police record check will ever show. There is not need for government getting involved in things that is not it's business.
Let us not forget those guns were taken from the homes of the fathers I don't think those kids bought those firearms.

Last edited:
What a shame the principal wasn't armed. We wouldn't be having the same conversation, though I've no doubt that the baby killing pieces of shit opining in this thread would then have attacked her for daring to kill the poor soul who intended to slaughter a bunch of kids.

Do you have some brain disease that whenever you are shown up in an argument, you need to start talking about Abortion?

Do you have some brain disease that whenever you are shown up in an argument, you need to start talking about Abortion?

Joe keeps repeating the same old shit no matter how many times it has be debunked and claims he won. Just like jake starkey.

What a stupid Statist thing to say. Friends know friends there isn't any Cleetus seems like a good guy. If I buy a firearm from a friend they know me they already know my background better than any police record check will ever show. There is not need for government getting involved in things that is not it's business.
Let us not forget those guns were taken from the homes of the fathers I don't think those kids bought those firearms.

VPC - Where'd They Get Their Guns? - Columbine High School, Littleton, Colorado

Robyn Anderson, a friend of Klebold and Harris, bought the shotguns and the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine at The Tanner Gun Show in December of 1998 from unlicensed sellers. Because Anderson purchased the guns for someone else, the transition constituted an illegal "straw purchase." Klebold and Harris bought the TEC-DC9 from a pizza shop employee named Mark Manes, who knew they were too young to purchase the assault pistol, but nevertheless sold it to them for $500.

Sorry, man, they got them from third parties...

Forum List

Back