Texas Prosecutor Convenes Grand Jury To Investigate Uvalde Shooting Multiple Media Report.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
UVALDE, Texas (AP) — A Texas prosecutor has convened a grand jury to investigate the Uvalde school shooting, multiple newspapers reported Friday, as families of the 19 children and two teachers killed continued their calls for criminal charges against officers involved in the hesitant and haphazard police response to the massacre.

Uvalde County District Attorney Christina Mitchell told the San Antonio Express-News that a grand jury will review evidence related to the May 24, 2022, shooting at Robb Elementary School. She did not disclose what the grand jury will focus on, the newspaper reported. During the attack, police waited more than an hour to confront and kill the gunman in what U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday called “a failure that should not have happened.”

Mitchell did not immediately respond to emailed questions and calls to her office Friday. The empaneling of the grand jury was first reported by the Uvalde Leader-News.

The Police Response To The Uvalde Shooting Was Riddled With Failures A New DOJ Report Says.

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Police officials who responded to the deadly Uvalde, Texas, elementary school shooting waited far too long to confront the gunman, acted with “no urgency” in establishing a command post and communicated inaccurate information to grieving families, according to a Justice Department report released Thursday that identifies “cascading failures” in law enforcement’s handling of the massacre.

The report, the most comprehensive federal accounting of the maligned police response to the May 24, 2022, shooting at Robb Elementary School, catalogs a sweeping array of training, communication, leadership and technology problems that federal officials say contributed to the crisis lasting far longer than necessary. All the while, the report says, terrified students inside the classrooms called 911 and agonized parents begged officers to go in.

Had law enforcement agencies followed generally accepted practices in active shooter situations and gone right after the shooter and stopped him, lives would have been saved and people would have survived,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said Thursday at a news conference in Uvalde after Justice Department officials briefed family members on their findings. The Uvalde victims, he said, “deserved better.”

Bury those fucking worthless pigs. I watched the 77 minute video. By the time it finished I was screaming so loudly at the screen for them to go get the son of a bitch I think my neighbor heard me.

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — A Texas prosecutor has convened a grand jury to investigate the Uvalde school shooting, multiple newspapers reported Friday, as families of the 19 children and two teachers killed continued their calls for criminal charges against officers involved in the hesitant and haphazard police response to the massacre.

Gee, why is it taking them so long to cover up the fact that the police chief and those involved contributed directly to the death of all those people? If Officer Chauvin can be thrown in prison just for a convict who died in his custody while resisting arrest, then how is it that every cop there is not in prison yet?

Any guy who would stand there for an hour and do nothing while those children were all being murdered does not deserve to wear a badge much less be free.

This cowardly fuck is probably related to Ashli Babbitt's killer....

uvalde 37.jpg

Uvalde County District Attorney Christina Mitchell told the San Antonio Express-News that a grand jury will review evidence related to the May 24, 2022, shooting at Robb Elementary School. She did not disclose what the grand jury will focus on, the newspaper reported. During the attack, police waited more than an hour to confront and kill the gunman in what U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday called “a failure that should not have happened.”

Mitchell did not immediately respond to emailed questions and calls to her office Friday. The empaneling of the grand jury was first reported by the Uvalde Leader-News.

I hope the prosecutor is an honest public servant, there are a few of them around. I hope she doesn't contribute to a cover-up. My bet is Uvalde was another staged event to promote gun control efforts.

It's wrong to personally arrest, charge, and try officers in these kinds of things. Yes, they clearly could have done better and should have. But, we don't go arresting surviving pilots for pilot error crashes which kill people, unless they were flying impaired.

If they have abandoned children to deliberate slaughter, yes, Independenthinker, that is exactly what we do.

LEO has a much higher standard.

Forum List

Back