Electric vehicles

At the risk of amusing certain posters, it must be pointed out that enormous amounts of commutating and general getting around is already going on successfully in many places with what are essentially velocipedes. Two or three-wheel vehicles are very capable of a lot of jobs, especially if augmented by modest electrical power. People don't want to hear it, but the energy "problem" could largely be solved by genuine reduction in excess consumption. It isn't vehicles 500Kg and less that are the reason for high energy costs.

At the risk of amusing certain posters, it must be pointed out that enormous amounts of commutating and general getting around is already going on successfully in many places with what are essentially velocipedes. Two or three-wheel vehicles are very capable of a lot of jobs, especially if augmented by modest electrical power. People don't want to hear it, but the energy "problem" could largely be solved by genuine reduction in excess consumption. It isn't vehicles 500Kg and less that are the reason for high energy costs.

I just got my EV back on the road. I had to have the BMS replaced. Total cost was a whopping 89 bucks. I will admit that I did most of the work myself and that was just the cost of the BMS (Battery Maintenance System). It got wet and shorted out. My fault entirely. Now that it's back online, my car gets parked for the most part since most driving is within a 3 mile radius which costs about a nickel round trip to travel. That is the only thing in 2 years that has gone wrong with the EV and I caused it by not sealing a possible leak in the battery case. That and a torrential downpour.

Meanwhile, my car just recently got front end work at a cost of 300 bucks, and I still have a few things to get it back to where I want it but those can wait. Yearly cost of the EV is less than 100 bucks while yearly cost of the car is in the excess of 1500. But when I need pampering, the Car gets the nod since it's a luxury sport RT type vehicle. Sometimes I just need a Hemi reload. But otherwise, the EV gets the nod.

Forum List

Back