Electric vehicles

China wants go electric by 2035 they are the largest auto market in the world. Seems like a high goal they have set.

It's going to take while longer but electrics are the future. Gas engines have peaked in terms of efficiency and durability.

never driven one myself. It seems they are more popular in China and the far east than in the west. Are they the future or not? What do you think?
in time electric cars will be the norm

but not as soon as the Greenies are hoping for because technology moves at its own pace not theirs

And there are many advantages to electric cars

It will not take a great deal of change to make everyone's standards of efficiency and concepts of transportation different.
Covid shows, at least, how rapidly adaptation to necessity takes place.

I had a chance to drive a Tesla Model S about 5 years ago. I was impressed. The technology is amazing. But the speed is breathtaking. I have driven some fast cars in my life, from a Jag XKE to a 1970 GTO. But nothing compares to the launch of the Tesla. I say "launch", because it feels like a ride at Six Flags.

People aren't gonna be driving Teslas, though. Teslas are very expensive. Same with the electric Corvettes they're prototyping at the moment.

At the rate they're robbing the middle class blind, along with the whole equity nonsense they're promoting, people are gonna be driving these moonbat buggies...

1617050487632.jpeg

Maybe China can reach their 2035 goal perhaps not but it seems they are certainly trying to make the worlds largest market go electric

Sorry, but my 1970 Olds Cutlass 4-4-2 simply refuses to run on electricity. My 2006 Honda Accord with 32,000 miles on it (bought new) also balks.

Both function as they should and are long paid for. Both do over 100MPH easily.

So I should buy a Tesla why?
Go test drive one. If you like the Tesla better than your Honda Accord then buy it. If you like the Accord more then stay with that.

Why spend the money on something that will go from Point A to Point B no better than what I have?

Sorry, but my 1970 Olds Cutlass 4-4-2 simply refuses to run on electricity. My 2006 Honda Accord with 32,000 miles on it (bought new) also balks.

Both function as they should and are long paid for. Both do over 100MPH easily.

So I should buy a Tesla why?
Go test drive one. If you like the Tesla better than your Honda Accord then buy it. If you like the Accord more then stay with that.

Why spend the money on something that will go from Point A to Point B no better than what I have?
Because you like it better and you want it. Same reason most people buy most the stuff they have

I drive Hyundai Accent. Soon i will have the Elantra or Sonata. Not decided.

If Tesla would drop the useless crap, they could make their cars less expensive, the "useless crap" mainly being the whole self-driving system, which will NEVER FREAKIN' WORK (well, not in our lifetimes). But Musk is obsessed with it, and he keep ordering that the money keep getting poured into that rathole.

The switch to EV's seems to be driven by governments and not the market. Which given past history hasn't always worked out for the best. So it's going to be interesting to see how this turns out. Personally I think they are doing it for the wrong reason which will eventually bear itself out.

Awhile back ago I did a quick calculation of converting the gasoline consumption of the US into BTU's and converting the electrical usage of the US into BTU's. They are about the same number. So unless I screwed up, we would need to double our electrical generation and transmission system in the US to go all in on EV's.

My short term concern with EV's is from a tactical point of view. It doesn't seem like a good idea to have all of our eggs in one basket; i.e. almost everything relying on electrical generation and transmission for power.

My long term concern of the "green movement" is ushering in the next glacial cycle. After all we are still in an ice age despite what some people believe.

Forum List

Back