Electoral College

Good read and video.

David Frum Advocates Electoral College Change, Citing Trump Win

I think it is a must it is maintained. I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts. As the read and video suggests, going National has some consequences that people may not like.

See this map. Libtardos want the small areas of blue to rule over the red areas. It will never happen and there is no way to get a change through Congress so it's all just bullshit ranting by the butthurt snowflakes.

The good news is the farther left the lunatics go the redder the map will get.

images

Land does not vote, people vote.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
That may be a nice quip but it is not correct.

Land and people are tied together in the vote - people only vote regionally.

Good read and video.

I think it is a must it is maintained. I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts. As the read and video suggests, going National has some consequences that people may not like.

I have not ran across a better idea yet, but the EC is not without its flaws.

I think is discourages participation. At least 2/3 of the states are “not in play”, one party is going to win them, pretty much every time.

Also, it keeps there from ever being competition for the duopoly.

The way to change that is to award 2 EC votes per State based on the state-wide vote, and 1 EC vote per Congressional district given to the winner in that district.

Of course that will make disticting more of a fight, but we are heading that way anyway.

Good read and video.

See this map. Libtardos want the small areas of blue to rule over the red areas. It will never happen and there is no way to get a change through Congress so it's all just bullshit ranting by the butthurt snowflakes.

images

Yes the Leftists use that argument about Omar. She is not criticizing Jews, she is criticizing Israel. However, land and buildings don't make decisions, people do. So in fact Omar and Tlaib too are criticizing Jews....correct? Land indeed does not vote but there is a lot of red out there.

Good read and video.

images

Hey, I'm just pointing out the reality of our country and giving you advise on how to NOT continue to lose credibility.

I really hope you don't take my advise but the snowflakes are yanking the Democrats so far left they will continue to lose support.

MAGA

Why do people in California and New York feel the need to force their views on people from Wisconsin and Iowa?

Why do the people of Iowa and Wyoming and Montana feel the need to force their views on the people of New York and California...because that is REALLY what is happening

images

Why do the people of New York and California feel the need to force their views on the people of Iowa, Wyoming, and Montana?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Good read and video.

images

Yes the Leftists use that argument about Omar. She is not criticizing Jews, she is criticizing Israel. However, land and buildings don't make decisions, people do. So in fact Omar and Tlaib too are criticizing Jews....correct? Land indeed does not vote but there is a lot of red out there.

There is a lot of red, and a lot of wide open empty land that is red...does not really mean much

I prefer the present system, and I especially like Maine's and Nebraska's system of allocating their electoral votes by congressional district where the winner of popular vote in each of their state's districts gets one elector and the state's over-all winner gets an additional 2. However with this I'd like to tighten control on gerrymandering, which I see as the one main problem with such a change.

postscript (I was curious)….
Gerrymander: from the name of Governor Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts + salamander, from the supposed similarity between a salamander and the shape of a new voting district on a map drawn when he was in office (1812)

Last edited:
Good read and video.

images

There is a lot of red, and a lot of wide open empty land that is red...does not really mean much

It means the 100-200 people in that vast land area voted red. What do you mean?

The Office of the President was never meant to represent the will of the people, but a population weighted will of the States.

The Senate is designed to level the playing field between large states and small states, both in size and population.

The will of the people is represented by both the House, and by their own State governments.

Americans don't understand this very simple concept because our education system is a failure

As it stands we have an EC that was put in place to entice slave states to join the Union. And in doing so (along with Senate election rules) we have skewed the process in a way that virtually guarantees that less populous states have far more power than states with more population.

That is quite simply a "tyranny by the minority" and needs to be addressed.

We saw a Presidential election where 3 million more people voted for the candidate that lost in 2016. Two of the last three Presidential elections for first term Presidents were won by (Republican) candidates that LOST the popular vote.

Oh and in 2018 12 million more people voted Dem for Senate candidates and Dems LOST seats.

Clearly reform is required

The Electoral College has NOTHING to do with slave states. If it had, it would have been eliminated after the Civil War, dumbass!

Also, what does the Electoral College have to do with the Senate? You do realize that the answer is "Not a damn thing!" Why don't you borrow a child's textbook and learn about the Constitution?

The Office of the President was never meant to represent the will of the people, but a population weighted will of the States.

The Senate is designed to level the playing field between large states and small states, both in size and population.

The will of the people is represented by both the House, and by their own State governments.

Americans don't understand this very simple concept because our education system is a failure

You can lead a horse to water...

I could have taught this topic all day long, and twice on Sunday and some of my students would still have gotten it wrong! Why? Nobody fucking cares if you are stupid! In fact, liberals prefer it that way!

As it stands we have an EC that was put in place to entice slave states to join the Union. And in doing so (along with Senate election rules) we have skewed the process in a way that virtually guarantees that less populous states have far more power than states with more population.

That is quite simply a "tyranny by the minority" and needs to be addressed.

We saw a Presidential election where 3 million more people voted for the candidate that lost in 2016. Two of the last three Presidential elections for first term Presidents were won by (Republican) candidates that LOST the popular vote.

Oh and in 2018 12 million more people voted Dem for Senate candidates and Dems LOST seats.

Clearly reform is required
Deport all illegas and we will talk drop the plan for 16 year olds vot8ng and cut down on the ammount of dead voting for democrats.
Sadly we cant do any think about those like you voting dead from the neck up .no law aginst that

Well as noted previously...that playing field is NOT level. It is heavily tilted towards those smaller states

No, it is not. Why do you lie?

California has the same number of electoral votes as they have representatives in Congress. So does Wyoming. How is that tilted towards Wyoming?

Good read and video.

images

Weeeeeelll. . .

The Democrats are now bouncing the idea around for giving children the right to vote so maybe the Republicans will respond with giving . . .

200w_d.gif

. . . . the right to vote?

I prefer the present system, and I especially like Maine's and Nebraska's system of allocating their electoral votes by congressional district where the winner of popular vote in each of their state's districts gets one elector and the state's over-all winner gets an additional 2. However with this I'd like to tighten control on gerrymandering, which I see as the one main problem with such a change.

postscript (I was curious)….
Gerrymander: from the name of
Governor Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts + salamander, from the supposed similarity between a salamander and the shape of a new voting district on a map drawn when he was in office (1812)

Most people also have no clue that he was later Vice President of the United States.

Why do people in California and New York feel the need to force their views on people from Wisconsin and Iowa?

Why do the people of Iowa and Wyoming and Montana feel the need to force their views on the people of New York and California...because that is REALLY what is happening

because ^^^^^ them thar hicks is HUMAN BEANS.......too

Good read and video.

images

Weeeeeelll. . .

The Democrats are now bouncing the idea around for giving children the right to vote so maybe the Republicans will respond with giving . . .

200w_d.gif

. . . . the right to vote?

voting requires WISDOM----------license to drive-----AGE 25 barring extenuating
circumstances. Alcohol----also 25. Cigs 30 draft 16
VOTING----40

Forum List

Back