Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 16

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Fuzzy Slippers @ » Election Day Empty Chair Countdown

Each day until Election Day we will feature a previously unpublished photo sent in by a Legal Insurrection reader on National Empty Chair Day, September 3, 2012.

The countdown continues with 16 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photos were all taken by Glenn in Ohio (note: not “Oiho” as the Empty Chair Prez spells it). They are all so good that I couldn’t pick just one.

First up, the Empty Chair in the empty field begs for a caption:
fieldchair.jpg

“Field of Obama’s Dreams of His Father”? Maybe “You didn’t build that, so no, they won’t come”?

Next up is the Empty Chair in the outhouse.

pooperChair.jpg

I’m not sure how I’d caption this, but the message seems rather clear.

Next up, is the Empty Chair “gone fishing . . . ”
fishingEmptyChair.jpg

. . . for votes, perhaps? Or maybe for discounted donations?

And finally, my favorite of Glenn’s Empty Chair photos:

Slidingemptychair.jpg

Especially fitting now that the Empty Chair’s poll numbers are slip sliding away. But maybe this needs a fiscal cliff caption?

:clap2:

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 15

by Fuzzy Slippers

Each day until Election Day we will feature a previously unpublished photo sent in by a Legal Insurrection reader on National Empty Chair Day, September 3, 2012.

The countdown continues with 15 days to go.

Today’s great Empty Chair photo comes to us from Karen in Texas who writes, ” My theme: OWS, (Occupy White House Seat – Romney/Ryan). Can’t find any bumper stickers locally, so had to long-hand the whole thing, but still gets the point across.”

Occupy-WH-Seat.jpg

This does indeed get the point across.

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 14

The countdown continues with 14 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Joe in Oregon who writes, “I’m thinking about attaching a sign that reads, “Chair Force One”.”

Chair-Force-One_Joe-Oregon.jpg

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 13

The countdown continues with 13 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Jim in Texas.
Obummer-post-Nov-2012-Jim-frm-Tx.jpg

I’m not sure that I’d hire him to mow my lawn, but someone somewhere might.

And, in honor of the man who started it all:

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 12

by Fuzzy Slippers
» Election Day Empty Chair Countdown

The countdown continues with 12 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Sam in California.
Sam-from-CA.jpg

There’s something lovely about the play of light and shadow in this photo that starkly contrasts and softens the somewhat harsh “GTFO” message. It captures, I think, the anger, sorrow, and ultimate hope for an Obama defeat that many Americans feel . . . that this American feels, anyway.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 11

by Fuzzy Slippers » Election Day Empty Chair Countdown

The countdown continues with 11 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Brent in Indiana who writes, “Michelle and Bloomberg are gonna be ticked at President Empty Chair when they see this.”

Brent-from-Indiana.jpg

Heh. But then, maybe not, we all know that under tyrannical regimes there are two sets of rules: one for the political class and one for the unwashed masses.

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 10

The countdown continues with 10 days to go.

This week I thought it would be fun to roll out some of the wonderful “teleprompter” photos that were submitted. I’m sure that the clearly desperate and grasping President Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, and “Bull$#*tter” wishes he never left home without his teleprompter feeding him lines designed for a president . . . and not for a peevish twelve year old.

Our first Empty Teleprompter Chair photo comes to us from Nancy in Texas.
Nancy-from-Tx.jpg

Somehow this plastic chair sitting in a deserted, sandy lot speaks volumes to me.

The next great Empty Teleprompter Chair comes to us from Karen in Connecticut who writes, “Also added hat with begging demand to ‘Donate’.”

Karen-in-Connecticut.jpg

The hat is indeed a nice touch, as is the “taken” sign. So telling that President Empty Chair’s response to the #emptychair campaign was his own petty photo submission that “this seat is taken.” What has he said about Benghazi? Oh, right, he’s busy calling Mitt Romney names and babbling about Big Bird while begging supporters for their wedding gifts. “Taken?” Hardly.

The final Empty Teleprompter Chair was submitted by Dan in California who writes, “… with patented cracked teleprompter mirror.”

Empty-Chair-Redondo-Beach-CA.jpg

What better way to capture the essence of a Narcissist in Chief who is incapable of extemporaneous speaking than with a cracked teleprompter mirror?

The smaller sign reads “Gone golfing.” I wonder what such a sign might read today, in light of all we know about the Benghazi terror attack?

It might look a little something like this Empty Chair photo submitted by LI reader Ken.

http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Ken-gone-campaigning.jpg
After all, that’s how this Empty Chair president responded to news that an American ambassador and four American heroes were slaughtered in Benghazi: a campaign trip to Vegas, Baby!

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 9

The countdown continues with 9 days to go.

Today’s great Empty Chair photo comes to us from Yvonne and Glen in New York.

naughty-chair.jpg

The “naughty chair” is a nice touch, isn’t it?

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 9

The countdown continues with 9 days to go.

Today’s great Empty Chair photo comes to us from Yvonne and Glen in New York.

naughty-chair.jpg
[/IMG]

The “naughty chair” is a nice touch, isn’t it?

:clap2:

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 8

by Fuzzy Slippers @ Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 8

The countdown continues with 8 days to go.

Today’s overseas Empty Chair photo comes to us from Scott in Estonia who writes, “President Obama and I had a fireside chat today over lunch about his foreign policy mistakes. I think he was trying to speak Austrian.”

fireside-chat.jpg

What can I say? This Empty Chair photo “made my day.” Not only does Scott jab at Obama over his people in Austria speak . . . Austrian! gaffe (German, of course, is the official language of Austria), but he points out the teleprompter president’s inability to connect with the American people or to convince us to go along with his “fundamental transformation” as FDR managed to do in the 1930′s and early ’40′s.

And while certainly relevant on National Empty Chair Day, Scott’s point about President Stand Down’s foreign policy failures has never been more poignant than it is now, in the wake of the preplanned Benghazi terror attack.

Day 7

The countdown continues with 7 days to go.

With only a week to go, I thought I would ask LI readers about their GOTV efforts for November 6th. It’s not just campaigns who go door-to-door, who stand out for their candidates with signs, and who actively help get voters to polls by driving those people (we know–be safe!) in our communities who need rides.

Today’s Empty Chair photo was submitted by LI reader Tim who writes, “Will I run on my record? Well……SQUIRREL.”

squirrel-empty-chair1.jpg

What? My economic and jobs failures? . . . “Romnesia”!

What? My attacks on religious freedoms? . . . Binders!

What? Benghazi? . . . Look over there, quick, it’s Big Bird!

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 6

by Fuzzy Slippers @ http://www.google.com/reader/view/u...http://feeds.feedburner.com/LegalInsurrection

The countdown continues with 6 days to go.

Today’s first Empty Chair photo comes to us from Joy in Michigan who writes, “I figured as long as I was putting out the empty chair, I might as well explain to the neighbors what it was there for!”

Joy-in-Michigan.jpg

It’s good to remember the failures of this Empty Chair President and that we, the people, have the power to remove him from office on November 6th . . . before he does any further damage.

Our next photo comes to us from and LI reader in Florida. I can’t quite make out the sign, but the first word appears to be “restart.”

Empty-Chair-Day-from-Florida.jpg

The second word is definitely “Obama,” and that is definitely an empty chair in a garbage can. I think the message is clear.

The next photo was submitted by Scott in California. The sign on the beer reads, “White House Ale.”

no-we-cant.jpg

What “ails” us is a failed empty chair president, and no, we can’t take four more years.

Our next photo comes from Lisa in Texas who seems equally unimpressed with the empty chair president’s White House brews.

Liz-in-texas.jpg

Ouch! Empty chair AND empty beer mug. Love it!

The next Empty Chair photo comes to us from Dave in Maryland who writes, “ I am a 32-year military veteran. Quote from Eastwood says it all.“

Dave-from-Maryland1.jpg

The Eastwood quote does indeed say it all . . . even if the Narcissist in Chief who bypasses Congress and issues executive orders like a dictator doesn’t (yet) believe that he is our employee, not our king.

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 5

The countdown continues with 5 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from T in Idaho who has entitled his photo “Empty Chair with Dog Whistle, A Still Life.”

T-in-Idaho.jpg

That race-baiting dog whistle is the perfect accompaniment to the Empty Chair president and his leftist acolytes who can’t stand on their record or plans for the next four years so resort to stirring up their base with and making up accusations of RAAACISM.

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 4
by Fuzzy Slippers

The countdown continues with 4 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Betty in Minnesota. The text reads:

Labor Day 2012

23 million unemployed

“When somebody is not doing the job, we have to let him go.” — Clint Eastwood

Betty-from-Minnesota.jpg

The image is of course of George Washington praying at Valley Forge and seems particularly relevant on this last weekend before election day.

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 3

The countdown continues with 3 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo feast is of photo submissions that include Joe Biden as the Empty Chair Vice President. After all, we are electing both a president and a vice president in only 3 days.

The first entry comes to us from Ben in Florida who writes, “Don’t worry Joe, I got your back!”
got-joes-back.jpg

It’s not your eyes, the photo is blurry. The file was a bit smallish, and I did my best to make it presentable because I love the irony here.

Our next photo was submitted by Lisa in California who writes, “We need to go a step farther and put a chair out for Biden.”
one-for-Biden-lisa-in-CA.jpg

I can’t tell which is which, but perhaps Joe’s the one in the brown shirt jacket?

Our next Empty Chair Vice President photo comes from John and Kim in Arizona.

vp-John-and-Kim-Arizona.jpg

Green plastic empty chairs. I’m still laughing.

Next up is photo from Scott in California.

Scott-from-CA-moron-vp-and-prez.jpg

His message is clear, I think. Heh.

Our next great Empty Chair President and Vice President Chair comes from Thomas in Missouri.
obama-biden-uncle-sam.jpg

The Uncle Sam text reads, “You are fired!” Let’s hope.

http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Bill-from-California.jpg
Our final Empty Chair President and Vice President Empty Chair photo comes to us from Bill in California who writes, “Note the 48-star flag on the right chair-it symbolizes this country’s finest hour when it came together to win WW2.”

Bill draws our attention to the chair on the right with an excellent point, but my attention shifts to the chair on the left. Or more specifically to the chair behind the Empty Chair. I wonder if that one is reserved for Valerie Jarrett?

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 2

The countdown continues with 2 days to go.

Today’s first Romney/Ryan Empty Chair photo comes to us from LI reader Mark.

RR-emptychair.jpg

Our next Romney/Ryan empty chair photo was submitted by Sarah in Ohio.

Empty-Chair-Columbus-Ohio-Coal.jpg

Excellent message. President Electricity Prices Will Necessarily Skyrocket has made it clear what he thinks of America’s coal industry.

Our next Romney/Ryan photo comes to us from Michele in Virginia.

Romney-Virginia-Believes.jpg

Yes, Virginia, there is an alternative to this Empty Chair President, one who believes in America: Mitt Romney.

The next Romney/Ryan photo was submitted by Mark from Georgia.
Mark-from-GA.jpg

Our final Romney/Ryan photo was submitted by Meg in Jacksonville who writes, “My husband wanted to cut the grass first, but I felt that this was more appropriate!”
Meg-and-Dave-from-Florida.jpg

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – The Day Before The Day

The countdown continues with 1 day to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Judi in Illinois.

Hello-from-Lake-Zurich-Illinois.jpg

Tomorrow’s the big day and we’ll find out whether or not a man of substance, humility, intellect, and ability “fills” that Empty Chair.

Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – The Day

The countdown continues with 0 days to go.

Today’s great Empty Chair photo comes to us from Melanie in Wisconsin who writes, “I did the sign myself. Pretty proud of it, I have stage 4 lung cancer and also had a fusion done on my neck 3 weeks ago. It just about killed me!”

Melanie-in-Wisconsin.jpg

The sign is awesome! Thank you, Melanie, for your amazing patriotism. And thank you, LI readers, for all of your amazing photos and patriotism.

Well, I’m off to the polls, then dropping by Chick-Fil-A for some good chicken and to show my continued support.

I want to thank Professor Jacobson for the opportunity to post this series and every LI reader who submitted photos and joined the fun.

Forum List

Back