Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 16

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by longknife, Oct 22, 2012.

1. longknife

longknife Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    by Fuzzy Slippers @ » Election Day Empty Chair Countdown

Each day until Election Day we will feature a previously unpublished photo sent in by a Legal Insurrection reader on National Empty Chair Day, September 3, 2012.

The countdown continues with 16 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photos were all taken by Glenn in Ohio (note: not “Oiho” as the Empty Chair Prez spells it). They are all so good that I couldn’t pick just one.

First up, the Empty Chair in the empty field begs for a caption:
    [​IMG]
    “Field of Obama’s Dreams of His Father”? Maybe “You didn’t build that, so no, they won’t come”?

Next up is the Empty Chair in the outhouse.

[​IMG]
    I’m not sure how I’d caption this, but the message seems rather clear.

Next up, is the Empty Chair “gone fishing . . . ”
    [​IMG]
    . . . for votes, perhaps? Or maybe for discounted donations?

And finally, my favorite of Glenn’s Empty Chair photos:

[​IMG]

Especially fitting now that the Empty Chair’s poll numbers are slip sliding away. But maybe this needs a fiscal cliff caption?

:clap2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 15

by Fuzzy Slippers

Each day until Election Day we will feature a previously unpublished photo sent in by a Legal Insurrection reader on National Empty Chair Day, September 3, 2012.

The countdown continues with 15 days to go.

Today’s great Empty Chair photo comes to us from Karen in Texas who writes, ” My theme: OWS, (Occupy White House Seat – Romney/Ryan). Can’t find any bumper stickers locally, so had to long-hand the whole thing, but still gets the point across.”

[​IMG]

This does indeed get the point across.

3. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 14

The countdown continues with 14 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Joe in Oregon who writes, “I’m thinking about attaching a sign that reads, “Chair Force One”.”

[​IMG]

4. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 13

The countdown continues with 13 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Jim in Texas.
    [​IMG]
    I’m not sure that I’d hire him to mow my lawn, but someone somewhere might.

And, in honor of the man who started it all:

5. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 12

by Fuzzy Slippers
    » Election Day Empty Chair Countdown

The countdown continues with 12 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Sam in California.
    [​IMG]

There’s something lovely about the play of light and shadow in this photo that starkly contrasts and softens the somewhat harsh “GTFO” message. It captures, I think, the anger, sorrow, and ultimate hope for an Obama defeat that many Americans feel . . . that this American feels, anyway.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

6. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 11

by Fuzzy Slippers » Election Day Empty Chair Countdown

The countdown continues with 11 days to go.

Today’s Empty Chair photo comes to us from Brent in Indiana who writes, “Michelle and Bloomberg are gonna be ticked at President Empty Chair when they see this.”

[​IMG]

Heh. But then, maybe not, we all know that under tyrannical regimes there are two sets of rules: one for the political class and one for the unwashed masses.

7. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 10

The countdown continues with 10 days to go.

This week I thought it would be fun to roll out some of the wonderful “teleprompter” photos that were submitted. I’m sure that the clearly desperate and grasping President Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, and “Bull$#*tter” wishes he never left home without his teleprompter feeding him lines designed for a president . . . and not for a peevish twelve year old.

Our first Empty Teleprompter Chair photo comes to us from Nancy in Texas.
    [​IMG]

Somehow this plastic chair sitting in a deserted, sandy lot speaks volumes to me.

The next great Empty Teleprompter Chair comes to us from Karen in Connecticut who writes, “Also added hat with begging demand to ‘Donate’.”

[​IMG]

The hat is indeed a nice touch, as is the “taken” sign. So telling that President Empty Chair’s response to the #emptychair campaign was his own petty photo submission that “this seat is taken.” What has he said about Benghazi? Oh, right, he’s busy calling Mitt Romney names and babbling about Big Bird while begging supporters for their wedding gifts. “Taken?” Hardly.

The final Empty Teleprompter Chair was submitted by Dan in California who writes, “… with patented cracked teleprompter mirror.”

[​IMG]
    What better way to capture the essence of a Narcissist in Chief who is incapable of extemporaneous speaking than with a cracked teleprompter mirror?

The smaller sign reads “Gone golfing.” I wonder what such a sign might read today, in light of all we know about the Benghazi terror attack?

It might look a little something like this Empty Chair photo submitted by LI reader Ken.

http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Ken-gone-campaigning.jpg
    After all, that’s how this Empty Chair president responded to news that an American ambassador and four American heroes were slaughtered in Benghazi: a campaign trip to Vegas, Baby!

8. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 9

The countdown continues with 9 days to go.

Today’s great Empty Chair photo comes to us from Yvonne and Glen in New York.

[​IMG]

The “naughty chair” is a nice touch, isn’t it?

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

9. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 9

The countdown continues with 9 days to go.

Today’s great Empty Chair photo comes to us from Yvonne and Glen in New York.

[​IMG][/IMG]

The “naughty chair” is a nice touch, isn’t it?

:clap2:

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

10. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,514
    Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 8

by Fuzzy Slippers @ Election Day Empty Chair Countdown – Day 8

The countdown continues with 8 days to go.

Today’s overseas Empty Chair photo comes to us from Scott in Estonia who writes, “President Obama and I had a fireside chat today over lunch about his foreign policy mistakes. I think he was trying to speak Austrian.”

[​IMG]

What can I say? This Empty Chair photo “made my day.” Not only does Scott jab at Obama over his people in Austria speak . . . Austrian! gaffe (German, of course, is the official language of Austria), but he points out the teleprompter president’s inability to connect with the American people or to convince us to go along with his “fundamental transformation” as FDR managed to do in the 1930′s and early ’40′s.

And while certainly relevant on National Empty Chair Day, Scott’s point about President Stand Down’s foreign policy failures has never been more poignant than it is now, in the wake of the preplanned Benghazi terror attack.