Election 2016: Clinton vs Christie

I still think Jeb is the strongest candidate the Republicans can put out there in 2016. What works in his favor is that when he speaks, people will see that he is not his brother. The name thing still hurts him, but I believe he can overcome that. If Hillary runs, I doubt that he can win, but against any other Democrat, he may well have a good shot.

I really think that the mentality that gets us Bush is the same mentality that got us McCain and Romney. "He's safe, he's establishment, he's been vetted, and no one is really that enthusastic for him, but the enthusiasm will come later."

The difference is that he was a damned good Governor. He has solid executive experience, and he understands that there is a role for government. The other difference is that I don't believe he would run as a hard right wing conservative. He would tell it like he sees it and we would know exactly where he stands. I'm not sure that I would even vote for him at this point, but I would consider him much more so than most any other of the potentials.

Jeb's problem is that his name is still Bush.

Christie is persona non grata with the wingnuts at this point for stabbing Romney in the back.

Pradish Jindall? Puh-lease. Or Rubio?

I just don't see these guys being any stronger than the field that ran this time. ON paper, frankly, the feild in 2012 looked pretty good, until they opened their mouths.

Rick Perry looked Awesome on paper. Governor of the second largest state, longest serving governor in the country. Wow. Then he opened his mouth and people looked at his record and, meh, not so much.

I still think Jeb is the strongest candidate the Republicans can put out there in 2016. What works in his favor is that when he speaks, people will see that he is not his brother. The name thing still hurts him, but I believe he can overcome that. If Hillary runs, I doubt that he can win, but against any other Democrat, he may well have a good shot.

Hillary will not run. She looks like a hag in recent pictures. No one is going to vote for his ex wife. The Dems will run Deval Patrick, another clean articulate black man who will promise lots of free shit. He will win.

Can't you guys ever come up with anything halfway logical. Deval Patrick? Are you fucking kidding me? Andrew Cuomo would be the first person to come to mind for me if it's not Hillary. Patrick Deval? Not a freaking chance.

You, JoeBoi, are the atheist cult wack job here, no one else.

Ooooh, Jakey-poo. All the "Cool kids" who were for Romney before the election are falling all over themselves now saying how he wasn't a "Real Republican" or a "True Conservative".

Which is pretty much what I predicted they would do before the election.

And so you got to hang out with the "Cool Kids" for a few months, but they wan't nothing to do with you now. So you really need to figure out who you are trolling here, guy.

I really think that the mentality that gets us Bush is the same mentality that got us McCain and Romney. "He's safe, he's establishment, he's been vetted, and no one is really that enthusastic for him, but the enthusiasm will come later."

The difference is that he was a damned good Governor. He has solid executive experience, and he understands that there is a role for government. The other difference is that I don't believe he would run as a hard right wing conservative. He would tell it like he sees it and we would know exactly where he stands. I'm not sure that I would even vote for him at this point, but I would consider him much more so than most any other of the potentials.

I was willing to consider Bush until he published an article saying how wonderful it was that Michigan passed a "No Rights, No work" law in the Moonie Paper.

Now he's just another Plutocratic sack of shit to me.

The GOP's biggest problem is that they are the party of old rich white guys. They aren't where the rest of us are. They get by with fooling the religious nuts and the gun nuts to a certain degree, but less and less so.

Until the GOP gets right with working people in this country, they are dead to me.

Don't sound juvenile, 007.

The dems won the Presidency, increased their majority in the Senate, and did better in the House.

All parties have infighting, and we Pubs are in for a royal battle as the mainstream destroys the far religious right and the social values crazy wings.

The the Republicans are in a bind.
I wouldn't say you libroids are in any better shape there ziplock... Woodward: "There's A Civil War In The Democratic Party" | RealClearPolitics

Wish you the best of luck. Surely hope it doesn't go the other way.

:lol: You are stumbling here, JoeBoi.

Ooooh, Jakey-poo. All the "Cool kids" who were for Romney before the election are falling all over themselves now saying how he wasn't a "Real Republican" or a "True Conservative".

And so you got to hang out with the "Cool Kids" for a few months, but they wan't nothing to do with you now. So you really need to figure out who you are trolling here, guy.

Not at all... It's all unfolding as I predicted.

I think you are probably STILL the only one actually claiming nominating Romney was a great idea.

Most of the rest of the GOP are trying to put him and his defeat out with the trash. Which is kind of ironic, that Romney embraced a lot of the crazy he never agreed with to get the nomination.

Now the crazies are all turning on him. And frankly, we haven't even gotten to the inaguration yet. People who couldn't hug Romney enough before the election can't put enough distance between themselves and him now.

:lol: You are stumbling here, JoeBoi.

Hillary will not run. She looks like a hag in recent pictures. No one is going to vote for his ex wife. The Dems will run Deval Patrick, another clean articulate black man who will promise lots of free shit. He will win.

Can't you guys ever come up with anything halfway logical. Deval Patrick? Are you fucking kidding me? Andrew Cuomo would be the first person to come to mind for me if it's not Hillary. Patrick Deval? Not a freaking chance.

Cuomo isn't black. The Dems have discovered a winning formula: a clean articulate black man promising free shit to people. Patrick is the logical choice to succeed Obama.

Cuomo isn't black. The Dems have discovered a winning formula: a clean articulate black man promising free shit to people. Patrick is the logical choice to succeed Obama.

Keep repeating the same nonsense....maybe someone will believe it

Keep repeating the same nonsense....maybe someone will believe it

Which nonsense? That Obama is a clean articulate black man? That Obama promises free shit? That Patrick is also black?
All true.
Watch for it. Patrick will be the nominee.

Your stumbling, JoeBoi. We got beat by the hatred of our far right, not by the MR candidacy or by the Democratic message.

Now we are busily cleaning out the undergrowth and retardants, and will run a vibrant 21st century campaign in 2014 to take the Senate and in 2016 to take the presidency.

Your stumbling, JoeBoi. We got beat by the hatred of our far right, not by the MR candidacy or by the Democratic message.

Now we are busily cleaning out the undergrowth and retardants, and will run a vibrant 21st century campaign in 2014 to take the Senate and in 2016 to take the presidency.

You can't clean the shit from your underwear how in the hell can you do anything else?
No here what the Republican party is going to do. What the Republicans tell it to do. Not what some hack liberals like you thinks it should do.

Hillary should tell you all to Fxxk off..you threw her under the bus to vote for some experienced community organizer..

but we know the power means more to her than anything so she will probably be in there

She will be 69 in `16 and I doubt she will have the desire or stamina, to run for office.

Why are people concerned with 2016? We should be more concerned with getting through 2013

The race I am concerned about are the mid-terms, in `14. Conservatives need some Senate seats, along with more in the House. We do have 30 governors and that trend should continue. :eusa_pray:

LAS VEGAS — When most people talk about divided government, they mean the gridlock in Washington where the Democratic president jousts with the Republican House. But the more interesting divide may well be between President Obama and the growing ranks of Republican governors who will help decide the fate of many of his policies.

Even as Mr. Obama was handily re-elected to a second term this month, Republicans won their 30th governor’s seat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/u...eady-to-hold-line-on-obama-policies.html?_r=0

Last edited:
Yup, the center of the party -- Bush, Martinez, Rubio, Christie, Pawlenty, etc, and their adherents in the media and business -- are ending the party of stupid, the party of bigrebnc et al. Yup, I am part of that. And, yup, the likes of you will have to change, not the party mainstream, if you want a role in it.

You can't clean the shit from your underwear how in the hell can you do anything else?
No here what the Republican party is going to do. What the Republicans tell it to do. Not what some hack liberals like you thinks it should do.

She would be a good candidate for her party, but I agree with AA that she will probably have either desire or stamina for the campaign.

Hillary should tell you all to Fxxk off..you threw her under the bus to vote for some experienced community organizer..but we know the power means more to her than anything so she will probably be in there
She will be 69 in `16 and I doubt she will have the desire or stamina, to run for office.

Forum List

Back