Election 2016: Clinton vs Christie

Hillary should tell you all to Fxxk off..you threw her under the bus to vote for some experienced community organizer..

but we know the power means more to her than anything so she will probably be in there

Better an experienced community organizer than a drunken bum with an arrest record. I mean of course the guy Obama replaced.

It will not be Christie no matter how much democrats want it.

Probably not. Christie ruined himself with the Teabaggers when he actually did the grown up thing and asked for federal help instead of letting people starve in a Darwinian fashion.

You know, for folks who don't believe in evolution, you guys have a lot of social Darwinists on your side.

Unfortunately for moderate republicans I think you will see resurgent religious zealots so expect to see Santorum or Mike Huckabee again.

In which case the democrats will retain the WH.

actually, either one of those guys would have been a stronger candidate than Romney was.

Romney lost at the end of the day because he came off as a rich douchebag who laid off your dad.

Get a guy like Santorum or Huckabee, who might be religious fanatics, but connect with working people, and the Democrats might be in trouble. Especially if the economy doesn't improve in four years.

Damn, I'm an atheist, but I'm sensible enough to see that this country is still 80% Christian. Wearing your religion on your sleeve is not going to be a career killer. Unless it's a really whacky religion like Mormonism, which is why Romney had to hide his and put the Plutocracy up front.

Unfortunately for moderate republicans I think you will see resurgent religious zealots so expect to see Santorum or Mike Huckabee again.

actually, either one of those guys would have been a stronger candidate than Romney was.

Romney lost at the end of the day because he came off as a rich douchebag who laid off your dad.

Get a guy like Santorum or Huckabee, who might be religious fanatics, but connect with working people, and the Democrats might be in trouble. Especially if the economy doesn't improve in four years.

Damn, I'm an atheist, but I'm sensible enough to see that this country is still 80% Christian. Wearing your religion on your sleeve is not going to be a career killer. Unless it's a really whacky religion like Mormonism, which is why Romney had to hide his and put the Plutocracy up front.

I agree with you. I am not saying they will be bad candidates. I'm not much for Santorum's skill but Huckabee is very good at connecting with people.

Clinton would beat the pants off of Christie.

Clinton beats the pants off of anybody if the economy has improved, and if the economy has improved, she will run, mark my words. On the other hand, if things are not looking better economically, which I doubt, then I suspect she will avoid the entire process. She is getting older and the campaign is a long one. If it's going to be a struggle that she could end up losing anyway, I don't see her taking that leap. But again, if the economy is better, she would be a virtual lock. She would have zero problem financing her campaign. I imagine she could easily shatter Obama's record haul.

The Presidential election in 2016 will be between Hillary Clinton vs Chris Christie.

And this race will be monumental! One for the history books.

Clinton is a sure pick if the economy has improved. If not, I wouldn't bet on it. As for the Republican side, that field is wide open. Who knows what will happen in the Republican Party by then. 2014 could leave them thinking they just need to get more conservative to win, or they could get bitch slapped into reality by losing the House, in which case Christie might actually have a much better shot at the nomination. Bottom line is that a lot will depend on the economy. If unemployment is over seven percent and the economy is only growing at a two percent clip, then we will see a Republican President in 2016.

I agree with you. I am not saying they will be bad candidates. I'm not much for Santorum's skill but Huckabee is very good at connecting with people.

I don't sell Santorum short. Look at what he did. He ran on a shoestring budget against the establishment of his party and was outspent 10-1 and he STILL made a good showing.

And frankly, if you look at the history of the GOP, nominating the guy who came in second last time, Santorum has the "inside track".

Huckabee, I suspect is done with politics. The Powers that Be in the Republican Party are grooming him to replace Limbaugh's toxicity.

I think the two of them would create a very exciting race. They both have administrative records to run on, both are very intelligent and extremely capable.

Love to watch it happen.

I don't sell Santorum short. Look at what he did. He ran on a shoestring budget against the establishment of his party and was outspent 10-1 and he STILL made a good showing.

And frankly, if you look at the history of the GOP, nominating the guy who came in second last time, Santorum has the "inside track".

Huckabee, I suspect is done with politics. The Powers that Be in the Republican Party are grooming him to replace Limbaugh's toxicity.

Santorum and Huckabee won't even be considered

Santorum was able to do well against the weakest field of GOP candidates in a generation, 2016 will be different. Christie, Jindall, Rubio and yes, even Jeb Bush will have strong campaigns and will be able to brush aside much of the GOP whacko fringe

Santorum was able to do well against the weakest field of GOP candidates in a generation, 2016 will be different. Christie, Jindall, Rubio and yes, even Jeb Bush will have strong campaigns and will be able to brush aside much of the GOP whacko fringe

Jeb's problem is that his name is still Bush.

Christie is persona non grata with the wingnuts at this point for stabbing Romney in the back.

Pradish Jindall? Puh-lease. Or Rubio?

I just don't see these guys being any stronger than the field that ran this time. ON paper, frankly, the feild in 2012 looked pretty good, until they opened their mouths.

Rick Perry looked Awesome on paper. Governor of the second largest state, longest serving governor in the country. Wow. Then he opened his mouth and people looked at his record and, meh, not so much.

Jeb's problem is that his name is still Bush.

Christie is persona non grata with the wingnuts at this point for stabbing Romney in the back.

Pradish Jindall? Puh-lease. Or Rubio?

I just don't see these guys being any stronger than the field that ran this time. ON paper, frankly, the feild in 2012 looked pretty good, until they opened their mouths.

Rick Perry looked Awesome on paper. Governor of the second largest state, longest serving governor in the country. Wow. Then he opened his mouth and people looked at his record and, meh, not so much.

The stink of Bush is still lingering......but Jeb stayed away from most of what George did. He is a saner, brighter Bush who is more pragmatic. Still a hard sell

Christie grandstanded during Sandy and showed himself to be more concerned with the people than the party. Hard for other GOP candidates to use that against him

You still need to add one overly religious person to that group if history is any judge

You still need to add one overly religious person to that group if history is any judge

No question that the religious right will have their candidate. But they are a nonfactor in getting the nomination

Rand Paul will also run in 2016 but will draw the same fringe his father took and will be a non-factor as he runs in 2016, 2020, 2024........

Last edited:
If republicans find some liberal lite, liberal enough to split the democratic vote, it might be time for a third party victory. On my most republican day, I could not vote for Jeb "open borders" Bush.

Forum List

Back