Education Sec. Paige Blasts NAACP Leaders

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...715/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/paige_naacp_1&printer=1

Education Sec. Paige Blasts NAACP Leaders

Thu Jul 15,11:22 AM ET Add White House - AP Cabinet & State to My Yahoo!

By BEN FELLER, AP Education Writer

WASHINGTON - Rod Paige, the nation's first black education secretary, condemned NAACP leaders Thursday for saying some black groups are fronts for white conservatives.

"You do not own, and you are not the arbiters of, African-American authenticity," said Paige, who rose from segregated Mississippi to become President Bush (news - web sites)'s education chief.

Paige's comments, in a Wall Street Journal column titled "Naked Partisans," appeared on the same day Bush's challenger, Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites), was speaking at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (news - web sites) in Philadelphia. Bush is at odds with the NAACP and has not spoken to the civil rights group since his 2000 campaign.

Paige took aim at two NAACP leaders, chairman Julian Bond and president Kweisi Mfume, for what he called "hateful and untruthful rhetoric about Republicans and President Bush." At the convention, NAACP officials have described some black organizations as mouthpieces of white conservatives and have said Bush's education law disproportionately hurts minorities.

The No Child Left Behind law of 2001, Paige said, is dedicated to closing the learning gap between blacks and whites and giving school choice to poor and minority students. Paige said he is a lifelong NAACP member, yet now sees the organization betraying its origins.

"The civil-rights movement has historically been multicultural, and many of its founders, including those who established the NAACP, were in fact white," Paige said. "I long for the day when our nation's education policy will not be grist for the partisan mill — when we can work together, black and white, rich and poor, for the sake of our children."

They'll call him a race traitor and try to take him down because its not about empowering blacks. ITs about keeping them down. You would think that if you voted for the same party for 40 years and they've promised you all these changes and none have come true that you would rethink who you vote for. Some blacks have. Unfortunately many are slaves to the democratic party.

Here we have an African-American striving for TRUE equality and empowerment, and he's denounced as an "Uncle Tom". I'm an optomist, though. I believe that calmly stated truth will ultimately wear down hysterical, shrieking lies. Don't ask me why.

musicman said:
I believe that calmly stated truth will ultimately wear down hysterical, shrieking lies. Don't ask me why.

-I know why.

GNASHING teeth! :teeth:

insein said:
Unfortunately many are slaves to the democratic party.

No, they are slaves to their own perception of themselves and make the whites the scapegoats because of an issue that was resolved almost 140 years ago.

Bill Cosby had it right and now he is being villified by his own people same a Paige. Time for some folks to look into the mirror and ask some tough questions.

I am all for giving folks a hand up, but not a hand out; as has been the case for way too long.

I am tired of us apologizing for crap that happened several generations removed. Get over it already, we can't change the past.

I'm still trying to fugure out how if a black kid does poorly in school becuase he doesn't go or doesn't study,or just plain acts up,it's President Bush's fault? No one in this country will make it without some personal responsibility,black or white.
The NAACP is no longer credible.

:lame2: :bs1:

It makes me mad when they call certain blacks "Uncle Tom" if they don't follow the party line, and when they say that their friends are "acting white" when they care about education. That is uncalled for.

Equalitarian ideologists often discount I.Q. test results with the excuse that they are culturally biased. Nonetheless, NO ONE, not the NAACP nor the United Negro College Fund, nor NEA had been able to develop an intelligence test which shows Blacks and Whites scoring equally.

Big D said:
Equalitarian ideologists often discount I.Q. test results with the excuse that they are culturally biased. Nonetheless, NO ONE, not the NAACP nor the United Negro College Fund, nor NEA had been able to develop an intelligence test which shows Blacks and Whites scoring equally.

Not culturally biased, they are selectively biased. Such as the tests your esteemed Nazi charletain boyfriend and fraud J. Phillippe Rushton does, he finds the stupidest Blacks and the smartest whites he can then calls it sound science. Lol

OCA said:
Not culturally biased, they are selectively biased. Such as the tests your esteemed Nazi charletain boyfriend and fraud J. Phillippe Rushton does, he finds the stupidest Blacks and the smartest whites he can then calls it sound science. Lol
NO ONE, not the NAACP nor the United Negro College Fund, nor NEA had been able to develop an intelligence test which shows Blacks and Whites scoring equally.

HGROKIT said:
No, they are slaves to their own perception of themselves and make the whites the scapegoats because of an issue that was resolved almost 140 years ago.

Bill Cosby had it right and now he is being villified by his own people same a Paige. Time for some folks to look into the mirror and ask some tough questions.

I am all for giving folks a hand up, but not a hand out; as has been the case for way too long.

I am tired of us apologizing for crap that happened several generations removed. Get over it already, we can't change the past.
I totally agree HGRO.
I have never understood the African-American hyphenation, if you were born in America with African descent , shouldn't you refer to yourself as an American-African ( if you insist on the hyphenated bullshit ).
I just read a report that stated that the average life expectantcy in Africa is 33 years old , sounds like the move to the U.S. was a great thing (no matter how it happened) . The old slavery crap is tired , my French ancestors fled France for Nova Scotia and were enslavened by the British there . Their homes were eventually burned , their families seperated and put on boats to different destinations , their possessions taken and yet somehow I don't have a problem with the Brits of today . I am sure my ancestors would be happy that their sacrifice made the world better for all who came after them .I come from a place in Louisiana within 50 miles of the coast ( the deepest deep south) , nobody in my family had slaves and I will never feel guilty for something done by others many generations ago . All cultures had their shit to bear , what matters is what you do with the freedoms we all have today . Ask Tiger Woods , Venus and Serena Williams , Michael Jordan , Bill Cosby , Etc., Etc. Also talk to Security Advisor Rice , Secretary of State Powell or Justice Thomas , I think they have decided to look forward rather than complaining about the distant past .

Paige himself is not credible after denouncing the NEA as a terrorist organization, especially at a time when terrorism is our nations newest ambiguous war. Then he goes on now and says that the NAACP are dividers. His comments against the NEA were divisive to people within and without the public education system.

Credibility with whom , the mob at the NEA or the hostile slaves to the Democrat party at the NAACP. More importantly , who gives a crap what any of these self serving jerks think.

krisy said:
I'm still trying to fugure out how if a black kid does poorly in school becuase he doesn't go or doesn't study,or just plain acts up,it's President Bush's fault? No one in this country will make it without some personal responsibility,black or white.
The NAACP is no longer credible.

:lame2: :bs1:

The NAACP Credo

You black folks were screwed by whitey.
That's why your lives suck.
You need us to make whitey pay for this.
Give us money to do this and in the mean time, do whatever we tell you to do.

musicman said:
Here we have an African-American striving for TRUE equality and empowerment, and he's denounced as an "Uncle Tom". I'm an optomist, though. I believe that calmly stated truth will ultimately wear down hysterical, shrieking lies. Don't ask me why.

Well, If you'd heard Julian Bond's speech before the NAACP national convention last Sunday, you would have heard the "...calmly stated truth...", which deperately needs telling. And it ain't coming from Bushistas.

Bullypulpit said:
Well, If you'd heard Julian Bond's speech before the NAACP national convention last Sunday, you would have heard the "...calmly stated truth...", which deperately needs telling. And it ain't coming from Bushistas.

Calmly stated truth that Republicans are the Taliban and that Bush is a racist for not attending the Pre-Democratic Convention of the NAACP. Ok. :rolleyes:

Bush simply didnt want to attend a setup. He has in no way disenfranchised Black America.

"Equalitarian ideologists often discount I.Q. test results with the excuse that they are culturally biased."

Correct. Blacks are inherently less intelligent than whites. The No Child Left Behind Act will not change that. Bill Cosby will not change that. Rod Paige will not change that. Bill Clinton will not change that. Kweisi Mfume will not change that.

It's in the genes.

But if blacks are as smart as whites, someone on the board should be able to explain why they haven't demonstrated that. Right?

William Joyce said:
"Equalitarian ideologists often discount I.Q. test results with the excuse that they are culturally biased."

Correct. Blacks are inherently less intelligent than whites. The No Child Left Behind Act will not change that. Bill Cosby will not change that. Rod Paige will not change that. Bill Clinton will not change that. Kweisi Mfume will not change that.

It's in the genes.

But if blacks are as smart as whites, someone on the board should be able to explain why they haven't demonstrated that. Right?

A majority of them have been pretty dumb for being brainwashed so easily by one political party into thinking they are slaves again. Which in effect they are but not to those that they think.

insein said:
A majority of them have been pretty dumb for being brainwashed so easily by one political party into thinking they are slaves again. Which in effect they are but not to those that they think.
What is amazing is the fact that here in America is where blacks have been most successful and have the best quality of life of any blacks anywhere in the world.
What else is the fact that for all the complaining blacks do they have never made any attempt to leave America to live in a country that is majority black. What about the blacks that do not live in America? Why are they doing so poorly?
There are many shows on the discovery that show the lives of blacks that have had no contact with the white civilized world, they live as animals.
Example: http://www.kent.k12.wa.us/staff/dbishop/kenya/masai/masai.html

The intelligence of blacks is genetically inferior to ALL other groups of humans.

In l950, American schools were among the best in the world. However, vocal elements within our society demanded that the public schools take on a social engineering role as well as an educational one. Violent disruptions of American education were ordered by the Supreme Court for the purpose of breaking down racial barriers. For 30 years, American schools have diverted enormous resources into forced integration, quotas, and bussing operations. (Few people realize how expensive bussing is. Annual cost may run into tens of billions of dollars. In l990 California alone was spending $500 million per year on integration. Many school districts spend a quarter or more of their budgets on transportation. In Milwaukee alone and in a single school year, 30,000 staff hours were diverted into calculating the race of students to attend the various schools.) The results? Today's students rank at the very bottom worldwide in science and math, some 40% of American adults are functionally illiterate, and standardized test scores have declined steadily for both Whites and Blacks. Today the average White still scores 200 points higher on the combined SAT than the average Black. Americans spend more on education than any other country in the world and have the worst results. Massive White flight to escape racial zoning has reduced the tax base of every major American city. In l983, after nearly two generations of racial experimentation to promote equality, the research arm of the Dept. of Education could not produce a single study that showed Black children were learning appreciably better after desegregation.

William Joyce said:

It's in the genes.

You are correct.

For any people who believe that 200 years of slavery has somehow effected blacks, think about the hundreds of thousands of years blacks have spent in the African jungles that has left them unchanged.

This one's not hard to investigate.

Blacks in Africa have not been subject to enslavement by whites. Yet they have a standard of living something BELOW that of American blacks. Or take Haiti. Here's a country that has had freedom from whites for more than a hundred years. Yet it's mired in poverty. At some point, the excuse that whites are responsible starts to wear very thin.

Look at the Japanese: these people live on a mostly infertile pile of rocks in an angry sea, yet they have managed to create one of the most successful economies on Earth. Haiti is a tropical paradise. But the blacks there have, as I said, nothing.

How can anyone possible say genes have nothing to do with this?

Forum List

Back