Education Sec. Paige Blasts NAACP Leaders

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Jul 15, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...715/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/paige_naacp_1&printer=1

They'll call him a race traitor and try to take him down because its not about empowering blacks. ITs about keeping them down. You would think that if you voted for the same party for 40 years and they've promised you all these changes and none have come true that you would rethink who you vote for. Some blacks have. Unfortunately many are slaves to the democratic party.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Here we have an African-American striving for TRUE equality and empowerment, and he's denounced as an "Uncle Tom". I'm an optomist, though. I believe that calmly stated truth will ultimately wear down hysterical, shrieking lies. Don't ask me why.

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    -I know why.

GNASHING teeth! :teeth:

4. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    No, they are slaves to their own perception of themselves and make the whites the scapegoats because of an issue that was resolved almost 140 years ago.

Bill Cosby had it right and now he is being villified by his own people same a Paige. Time for some folks to look into the mirror and ask some tough questions.

I am all for giving folks a hand up, but not a hand out; as has been the case for way too long.

I am tired of us apologizing for crap that happened several generations removed. Get over it already, we can't change the past.

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I'm still trying to fugure out how if a black kid does poorly in school becuase he doesn't go or doesn't study,or just plain acts up,it's President Bush's fault? No one in this country will make it without some personal responsibility,black or white.
    The NAACP is no longer credible.

:lame2: :bs1:

6. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    It makes me mad when they call certain blacks "Uncle Tom" if they don't follow the party line, and when they say that their friends are "acting white" when they care about education. That is uncalled for.

7. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Equalitarian ideologists often discount I.Q. test results with the excuse that they are culturally biased. Nonetheless, NO ONE, not the NAACP nor the United Negro College Fund, nor NEA had been able to develop an intelligence test which shows Blacks and Whites scoring equally.

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Not culturally biased, they are selectively biased. Such as the tests your esteemed Nazi charletain boyfriend and fraud J. Phillippe Rushton does, he finds the stupidest Blacks and the smartest whites he can then calls it sound science. Lol

9. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    NO ONE, not the NAACP nor the United Negro College Fund, nor NEA had been able to develop an intelligence test which shows Blacks and Whites scoring equally.

10. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    I totally agree HGRO.
    I have never understood the African-American hyphenation, if you were born in America with African descent , shouldn't you refer to yourself as an American-African ( if you insist on the hyphenated bullshit ).
    I just read a report that stated that the average life expectantcy in Africa is 33 years old , sounds like the move to the U.S. was a great thing (no matter how it happened) . The old slavery crap is tired , my French ancestors fled France for Nova Scotia and were enslavened by the British there . Their homes were eventually burned , their families seperated and put on boats to different destinations , their possessions taken and yet somehow I don't have a problem with the Brits of today . I am sure my ancestors would be happy that their sacrifice made the world better for all who came after them .I come from a place in Louisiana within 50 miles of the coast ( the deepest deep south) , nobody in my family had slaves and I will never feel guilty for something done by others many generations ago . All cultures had their shit to bear , what matters is what you do with the freedoms we all have today . Ask Tiger Woods , Venus and Serena Williams , Michael Jordan , Bill Cosby , Etc., Etc. Also talk to Security Advisor Rice , Secretary of State Powell or Justice Thomas , I think they have decided to look forward rather than complaining about the distant past .