Education: Liberals In Charge

Ah yes, another thread where it's not the fault of the student or the parents, it's the teachers....
And to add insult to injury, the OP is so illogical in assuming that all teachers are corrupt and lacking...

Not the case....your post is a fabrication designed to ameliorate the effects of turning the schools over to Liberals.

It is those in charge who have destroyed education: Liberals, Progressives....Democrats.

The poor teachers, for the most part, want to do a good job...but politics gets in the way.

Teachers know how bad it is:
"This brings us to the fact that urban public school teachers are about two times more likely than non-teachers to send their own children to private schools."
Where Do Public School Teachers Send Own Kids by Larry Elder on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

Wow. Please tell me you're joking when you say that.
Sure, South Korea, Japan and Singapore are bastions of liberalism. It must be the failure of inner cities to adopt such liberalism that makes them shit holes and educational vacuums.
Hmm they have strong teachers unions, high pay and respect for teachers, universal healthcare, respect for higher education... all of those things run counter to what conservatives want for this country.
You really need to get your ass back to school, but not the same one that graduated you and doubtless many other ignoramuses.

Sad but true.
In so many areas, Liberalism has an unblemished record of failure.....look at this President.....
We are in a better position than the last president..but you run with that...

That's a fib.

Want the list of failures?

Why are some, if not almost all, of the highest rated schools and students from very liberal blue states and some of the lowest rated schools and students from conservative red states? Could there be a correlation? Doesn't this make the premise of this thread stupid on a level with retardation or purposeful distribution of misleading information, hence, lying to promote propaganda and disinformation?

Let me go over your list of examples you found of "retardation or purposeful distribution of misleading information, hence, lying to promote propaganda and disinformation."

Oh....

....none.

So....I was totally correct the numerous times I revealed you to be a lying simpleton, huh?

Public schooling in inner cities has become only for the backwash of society. You know damn well that rich people in places like Manhattan don't send their kids to the locals.

Public schooling in inner cities has become only for the backwash of society. You know damn well that rich people in places like Manhattan don't send their kids to the locals.

I need to double down on that: even folks who are not rich opt for other than government schools....

.On reason: the Obama administration demands that children be judged by the color of their skin:

"Education experts decried a new memo from the Departments of Justice and Education that instructs public schools throughout the country to cease punishing disruptive students if they fall into certain racial categories, such as black or Hispanic."
Experts slam DOJ letter telling schools to implement race-based punishments The Daily Caller

Any who voted for Obama, voted for this.

Any area of power turned over to Liberals/Progressives is doomed to be one of failure and incompetence.

And no where is this pattern more evident than in government schools.

10. "This widespread education failure hasn’t occurred—in New York or elsewhere—primarily because of student poverty or lack of resources.

... education scholarE.D. Hirschhas argued persuasively, it happened because of a wrong-headed progressive education philosophy that became dominant in American schools and teacher-training institutes beginning in the 1960s.

The progressives succeeded in eliminating a coherent, grade-by-grade curriculum. Instead of explicitly teaching children the facts and background knowledge necessary to become good readers and productive citizens, the progressives substituted the upside-down idea of “student-centered learning”—that is, of allowing students to “construct their own knowledge” at their own pace.

....no wonder so many students in this city (and around the nation) can’t pass simple exit exams and thus have to be given worthless diplomas."
The Cheating Goes On by Sol Stern City Journal August 11 2015

Why are some, if not almost all, of the highest rated schools and students from very liberal blue states and some of the lowest rated schools and students from conservative red states? Could there be a correlation? Doesn't this make the premise of this thread stupid on a level with retardation or purposeful distribution of misleading information, hence, lying to promote propaganda and disinformation?

Let me go over your list of examples you found of "retardation or purposeful distribution of misleading information, hence, lying to promote propaganda and disinformation."

Oh....

....none.

So....I was totally correct the numerous times I revealed you to be a lying simpleton, huh?
Explain why schools and student in some of the most liberal states are rated the best and schools and students in conservative red states are rated some of the worst.
The usual and standard MO for this poster. Declare victory, refuse to refute or answer and move on. That is because anyone can simple google or bing or whatever "best and worst rated schools" to confirm what I said in my post. How much more evidence can a person ask for. Kids in schools controlled by liberal states generally do better than schools and students controlled by conservative states. The more liberal, generally, the higher the ratings. The more conservative, generally the lower the ratings.

Sure, South Korea, Japan and Singapore are bastions of liberalism. It must be the failure of inner cities to adopt such liberalism that makes them shit holes and educational vacuums.
Hmm they have strong teachers unions, high pay and respect for teachers, universal healthcare, respect for higher education... all of those things run counter to what conservatives want for this country.
You really need to get your ass back to school, but not the same one that graduated you and doubtless many other ignoramuses.

Sad but true.
In so many areas, Liberalism has an unblemished record of failure.....look at this President.....

That's a fib.

Only if you list GOP failures also, but you won't...

Any area of power turned over to Liberals/Progressives is doomed to be one of failure and incompetence.

10. "This widespread education failure hasn’t occurred—in New York or elsewhere—primarily because of student poverty or lack of resources.

... education scholarE.D. Hirschhas argued persuasively, it happened because of a wrong-headed progressive education philosophy that became dominant in American schools and teacher-training institutes beginning in the 1960s.

The progressives succeeded in eliminating a coherent, grade-by-grade curriculum. Instead of explicitly teaching children the facts and background knowledge necessary to become good readers and productive citizens, the progressives substituted the upside-down idea of “student-centered learning”—that is, of allowing students to “construct their own knowledge” at their own pace.

....no wonder so many students in this city (and around the nation) can’t pass simple exit exams and thus have to be given worthless diplomas."
Ah yes, the OP has causation to know what every students test grades are, yet another fallacy...Not a very smart writer....The writer is showing their lack of education more so than the actual students themselves...

Oh....

....none.

Explain why schools and student in some of the most liberal states are rated the best and schools and students in conservative red states are rated some of the worst.
The usual and standard MO for this poster. Declare victory, refuse to refute or answer and move on. That is because anyone can simple google or bing or whatever "best and worst rated schools" to confirm what I said in my post. How much more evidence can a person ask for. Kids in schools controlled by liberal states generally do better than schools and students controlled by conservative states. The more liberal, generally, the higher the ratings. The more conservative, generally the lower the ratings.

Oh....

....none.

So you were lying, huh?

Sad but true.

That's a fib.

Since you can't seem to find any....one is led to conclude that, either...

a. you are a lazy sot.

b. there are ...let's make that 'conservative'....failures.

Sad but true.

That's a fib.

a. you are a lazy sot.

You made the offer, I didn't..If you can't find any maybe your a child left behind...

... education scholar E.D. Hirschhas argued persuasively, it happened because of a wrong-headed progressive education philosophy that became dominant in American schools and teacher-training institutes beginning in the 1960s.

Ah yes, the OP has causation to know what every students test grades are, yet another fallacy...Not a very smart writer....The writer is showing their lack of education more so than the actual students themselves...

1. "...Ah yes, the OP has causation to know what every students test grades are,..."

Where have I claimed that...and why is it pertinent?

2. I have posted this: ".. education scholar E.D. Hirsch has argued persuasively, it happened because of a wrong-headed progressive education philosophy.."

As ignorant as you are, you haven't read anything by Hirsch....

Take notes:

"The “Massachusetts miracle,” in which Bay State students’ soaring test scores broke records, was the direct consequence of the state legislature’s passage of the 1993 Education Reform Act, which established knowledge-based standards for all grades and a rigorous testing system linked to the new standards. And those standards, Massachusetts reformers have acknowledged, are Hirsch’s legacy.

a. In the new millennium, Massachusetts students have surged upward on the biennial National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)—“the nation’s report card,” as education scholars call it. On the 2005 NAEP tests, Massachusetts ranked first in the nation in fourth- and eighth-grade reading and fourth- and eighth-grade math. It then repeated the feat in 2007. No state had ever scored first in both grades and both subjects in a single year—let alone for two consecutive test cycles. On another reliable test, the Trends in International Math and Science Studies, the state’s fourth-graders last year ranked second globally in science and third in math, while the eighth-graders tied for first in science and placed sixth in math. (States can volunteer, as Massachusetts did, to have their students compared with national averages.) The United States as a whole finished tenth. E. D. Hirsch s Curriculum for Democracy by Sol Stern City Journal Autumn 2009

3. A test: do you recognize how different this is from the failed Progressive techniqes...

"Promisingly, a few public and private schools around the country have replaced the child-centered curriculum with one focused on learning about our culture and its institutions. Hirsch’s “Core Knowledge” curriculum, for instance, introduces kindergartners to the Pilgrims, Independence Day, and George Washington; first-graders to Ben Franklin and the concept of law in society; and second-graders to the Constitution as the foundation of our democracy. Other school reformers, according to David Whitman in Sweating the Small Stuff, have raised the achievement of low-income kids by using a “no excuses” model that teaches bourgeois “virtues like diligence, politeness, cleanliness, and thrift.” But these examples amount only to a tiny handful, swimming against the educational mainstream."
Whatever Happened to the Work Ethic by Steven Malanga City Journal Summer 2009

And for many years, even before you were born there was cases of jocks in school getting passing grades when they were not even in class...

Yet the best rated education systems in the world are run by liberals. Huh, go figure.

Generally education statistics are meaningless anyway.

Shanghai does will in international statistics, they don't want to get lumped in with the rest of China, but all the produce are hard working robots. Not thinkers.

I've seen Chinese kids try and do the American SATs, they can't do it. The math score they do outstanding, the writing they suck, even if their English is good, they don't know enough about anything real in order to think of something, and they can't think anyway.

Statistics are based on an outdated mode of education. That Math, Science and English (or whatever the native language is) are important. They're not. It's the skills you get from them. Those skills in China are deemed dangerous for the CCP, so they don't allow them.

Politics class in China is "don't spit, don't stand on the toilet seat in western toilets, don't rush into a lift or train before everyone else (or anyone for that matter) has got out". It's not about politics.

Best system I've seen in practice was in Austria. They had technical schools, Gymnasiums, like English Grammar Schools, elite academic students, and a normal high school. They were producing students for the needs of society. Whereas other places just produce academic students who go into the real world saying "wow, I didn't learn shit".

Sad but true.

That's a fib.

a. you are a lazy sot.

You made the offer, I didn't..If you can't find any maybe your a child left behind...

Not:
"You made the offer, I didn't..If you can't find any maybe your a child left behind..."

This:
"You made the offer, I didn't..If you can't find any maybe you're a child left behind..."

Government school grad,huh?

And...I made no offer, I issued a challenge.....which you failed.

Yet the best rated education systems in the world are run by liberals. Huh, go figure.

Generally education statistics are meaningless anyway.

Shanghai does will in international statistics, they don't want to get lumped in with the rest of China, but all the produce are hard working robots. Not thinkers.

I've seen Chinese kids try and do the American SATs, they can't do it. The math score they do outstanding, the writing they suck, even if their English is good, they don't know enough about anything real in order to think of something, and they can't think anyway.

Statistics are based on an outdated mode of education. That Math, Science and English (or whatever the native language is) are important. They're not. It's the skills you get from them. Those skills in China are deemed dangerous for the CCP, so they don't allow them.

Politics class in China is "don't spit, don't stand on the toilet seat in western toilets, don't rush into a lift or train before everyone else (or anyone for that matter) has got out". It's not about politics.

Best system I've seen in practice was in Austria. They had technical schools, Gymnasiums, like English Grammar Schools, elite academic students, and a normal high school. They were producing students for the needs of society. Whereas other places just produce academic students who go into the real world saying "wow, I didn't learn shit".

"Generally education statistics are meaningless anyway."

If you actually have a diploma, that would tend to support your statement.

You mean those with liberal grading. Small wonder. Atlanta, Chicago and I'm sure Baltimore Saint Louis are graduating millions of Michael Brown who can hardly write their names.
Moron. Look up the top rated countries for education.
Ranking the World’s Educational Systems
We’ve just listed the first 10 below – scroll through the whole graphic to see all of the countries examined in the report.

1. South Korea
  2. Japan
  3. Singapore
  4. Hong Kong
  5. Finland
  6. UK
  7. Canada
  8. Netherlands
  9. Ireland
  10. Poland
The Top 10 And Counting Education Systems In The World

No verifiable trend of liberalism shorty.
Wow. Please tell me you're joking when you say that.
What is it that the Asian countries have that we do not? Hint: longer school days and weeks and years....and uber supportive parents.

Forum List

Back