Economy stalls

The Pound is far, far, FAR Below where it was just a few years ago. Right now it's at its strongest point since, well...since December!

Your either a fraud or ignorant. Or both.

I scalped it successfully no less than three times today.

You are out of your league.

You said:

The GBP just hit a new high against the dollar about an hour ago, for example.

That's not only false, it's patently false.

Happened at 1:32.

You are unarmed.

LOL

You'd think that someone with such self-proclaimed finance knowledge would be able to find a job, doing something, ANYTHING. But no, unemployed and unashamed is what Sniperfire is.

Happened at 1:32.

You are unarmed.

LOL

Show us that high, Snipe

Hit the daily high of 1.62791 at about 1:32, bozo.

You really suck at this.

LOL

Ha! So when you said "The GBP just hit a new high against the dollar about an hour ago, for example." as evidence of the weakening dollar, what you really meant was "like every day, the GBP had a high point against the dollar today, and a low point".

My gawd man. DO you know how stupid you sound?

My job is pretty reflective of economic trends. If it holds for April, it is a real slowdown.

Show us that high, Snipe

You really suck at this.

LOL

Ha! So when you said "The GBP just hit a new high against the dollar about an hour ago, for example." as evidence of the weakening dollar, what you really meant was "like every day, the GBP had a high point against the dollar today, and a low point".

Of course I didn't mean that. I was illustrating to you that 'liquid capital' had other options on where to park itself other than the dollar, which you so foolishly and amateurishly misstated.

Show up earlier tomorrow so that you can play the junior varsity game.

It hit a high today! (A daily high)

This is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards. And that's a pretty low bar, Snipe. Congrats!

He knows he's been painted in to a corner with his bullshit so now that he's been called out on ignoring questions he actually thinks this type of response is better.

You really suck at this.

LOL

Of course I didn't mean that. I was illustrating to you that 'liquid capital' had other options on where to park itself other than the dollar, which you so foolishly and amateurishly misstated.

Holy shit! You really ARE trying to claim you meant that the British Pound hit a daily high point?

No one believes you.

The GBP is not as liquid an asset as the US dollar. Try using the GBP as a reserve currency, or using it to buy oil.

This is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards. And that's a pretty low bar, Snipe. Congrats!

At least it was a true statement. More than I can say for others.

Holy shit! You really ARE trying to claim you meant that the British Pound hit a daily high point?

Of course. Work on your comprehension skills.

It isn't like I can use crayon for you over the internet.

He knows he's been painted in to a corner with his bullshit so now that he's been called out on ignoring questions he actually thinks this type of response is better.

Precious to watch, ain't it?

But hey - he's an expert! Can't you see that?

At least it was a true statement. More than I can say for others.

No, it wasn't a true statement. He was claiming it had reached a high related to the weakness of the dollar. It's about 35% below it's historical high for such measures.

Precious to watch, ain't it?

But hey - he's an expert! Can't you see that?

He's really good at letting you know how bad he kicked your ass without ever actually answering anything anyone asks. It's an amazing skill he possesses.

No one believes you.

The GBP is not as liquid an asset as the US dollar. Try using the GBP as a reserve currency, or using it to buy oil.

You seem to be splitting hairs now. If I want to keep money liquid why do I buy oil? Wouldn't you be better served with an EFT in oil?

Looks like the pound has been gaining strength since mid January:

Exchange Rates Graph (British Pound, American Dollar) - 120 days - x-rates

Like I said, at least there is truth in what sniperfire said.

This pathetic recovery is the worst in modern history.

Trillions in investment money waits on the sidelines waiting for this anti-business POTUS to be a thing of the past.

Make it so in November!

First-quarter growth slows on inventories, weak business spending | Reuters

...growth was still stronger than analysts' predictions early in the quarter for an expansion below 1.5 percent.

"There's nothing catastrophic happening, this is just slow growth and this underscores that the economy is on sound footing but nothing more,"

Growing and on sound footing.

So it was slightly better than "suck azz". This is after an unprecedented 1.3Trillion dollars in stimulus money and unprecedented zero interest rates.
Reagan's recovery was far more robust than this. Obamanomics is a failure.

From your non-sequitur poll, 8537:

'U.S. investors sided 3-to-1 with the Republican'

You just can't win, because the facts are not on your side.

Well, that and because you are an economic illiterate.

What 8537 knows about economics could fit comfortably inside a Cheerio.

No one believes you.

You seem to be splitting hairs now. If I want to keep money liquid why do I buy oil? Wouldn't you be better served with an EFT in oil?

If you wanted to keep your money in pure liquid form, you would...keep your money, in money...specifically, USD's.
Looks like the pound has been gaining strength since mid January:

Exchange Rates Graph (British Pound, American Dollar) - 120 days - x-rates

So, I read his comment for its obvious claim: That the GBP is doing very well against the dollar - in fact, it's reaching a high.

You interpreted that to mean "since January".

And he claims he meant "since this morning".

Does anyone feel their personal financial recovery in the last three and one half years matches what the government tells us it was?

Forum List

Back