Economy stalls

From your non-sequitur poll, 8537:

'U.S. investors sided 3-to-1 with the Republican'

You just can't win, because the facts are not on your side.

Well, that and because you are an economic illiterate.

You do realize that Liberals are the least likely demographic to buy a domestic label automobile, for example?

You do realize that repubs are the most likely to be closet perverts, for example.

But I drive a Chevy and sure ain't a Repub. So I'm safe.

You do realize that Liberals are the least likely demographic to buy a domestic label automobile, for example?

You do realize that repubs are the most likely to be closet perverts, for example.

Why would you say something like that?

Attempting to obfuscate and assuage the butthurt or something?

th_ROTFL.gif

What is really wierd is that many actually believe that electing Romney will make things better.

From 8537's Reuters poll, our domestic wealth and job creators believe just that - by a whopping 3-1 margin.

Wouldn't a reasonable person agree that the 'smart money' would favor Romney in the fall, to the point where they would wait the current Marxist out in hopes of it?

Let me know when you have had enough, Obamites:

'64% Of Small Businesses Planning To Wait Out Obama, Will NOT Be Adding New Jobs '

64% Of Small Businesses Planning To Wait Out Obama, Will NOT Be Adding New Jobs (12% Say They Will CUT Jobs) « Start Thinking Right

NEW YORK –Moody’s Analytics, a leading independent provider of economic forecasting, has today released Chief Economist Mark Zandi’s latest U.S. monthly economic outlook. According to U.S. Macro Outlook: Gathering Pace,” Zandi expects the U.S. economy to grow at 2.5% through mid-2013, before accelerating to a stronger 4% by mid-2014. Full employment, defined as an unemployment rate just under 6%, should be achieved by late 2015.

Moody's Analytics: Press Releases

What is really wierd is that many actually believe that electing Romney will make things better.

From 8537's Reuters poll, our domestic wealth and job creators believe just that - by a whopping 3-1 margin.

Wouldn't a reasonable person agree that the 'smart money' would favor Romney in the fall, to the point where they would wait the current Marxist out in hopes of it?

IMO, only racist money would favor Romney.

I'm still awaiting your explanation of growing income without growing output.

Of course wealthy investors like Romney - he' s said he'll cut their taxes.

You don't get from DOW 7,200 to Dow 13,000 because people are waiting something out.

We are not talking about stock market speculation, of course.

But then again, as an economic illiterate, you probably don't know the difference.

Like I said some are dumb enough to believe that :)

Is this the same bunch that did not see the recession coming and once it started falling apart said it would just be a 6 months adjustment and then back to normal?

First, admit your post supports my contention 110%.

Then I will consider continuing to educate you if you first PROMISE you will do a Google search and educate yourself on what a 'bond' is.

This is pre-requisite.

LOL

This government has failed. It has failed to the point where it basically doesn't exist and we're on autopilot.

Home prices have fallen so far that buyers last year don't have homes worth what they paid for them. US companies are adding workers but only overseas.

The alarm bells have been ringing and the presidebt does what? He passes laws mandating wheel chair lifts in all public pools or they must be shut down. He tries to prohibit farm chores for children on family farms. In this time of economic crisis he shutters power plants and closes coal mines. He ignores serious problems for grand gestures like an unpopular and unworkable health care bill. He interferes in state's rights. His goal is not improvement but social engineering. He runs not on innovation but the coolness factor.

Meanwhile the nation continues to disintegrate, limping along in spite of obama not because of him.

Lets see. No the governement has not failed. Home values are deflating because they were overvalued. Why do you hate the disabled? Family farms are not effected by the recent rules on child labor. Healthcare reform was very popular. The Republican plan that the ridculously endorsed is not.

:cuckoo:

With all due respect, Boo? Might be time to get the glasses checked...

The notion of healthcare reform WAS very popular. The American people wanted something done about exploding costs. ObamaCare, however, is NOT popular because it didn't bring down the average persons healthcare costs...it actually increased them. That's the reason why Democrats are running AWAY from ObamaCare this election cycle instead of running ON it.

And this ridiculous talk of not allowing teens to work on family farms illustrates how completely out of touch with reality progressives really are.

With due respect back oldstyle, refresh what is behind the eyes.

Telling parents they can’t have their kids do chores on the family farm is outrageously, egregiously wrong. An offense against freedom and family. An example – yes, National Review – of “creeping despotism.”

Except it turns out there’s a lot of manure involved in this enterprise, too.

Before it backed off, the Department of Labor was indeed attempting to expand child labor laws to farms. These rules would have covered paid workers, not kids working for their parents. This exemption would have applied to incorporated family farms and jointly owned family farms.

If the rules had been adopted, farmers would have been prevented from hiring kids younger than 16 for many farm jobs – with exceptions for 14- and 15-year-olds. The rules would have prevented a farmer from hiring a 15-year-old – or a 13-year-old – to drive a tractor. Or to work at a grain elevator or stockyard. Or to handle explosives or poisons.

Was this government overreach? Another way to look at it is this: It would have been a very slight tightening of the leeway granted to farm employers that no other employer in the country enjoys with regard to the safety of workers ages 14, 15, 16 and 17. You can’t hire a 14-year-old to drive a forklift at your factory, even if he is your neighbor and you love America.

I drove a tractor when I was way younger than 16. I tend to think it was no big deal – not a vital function of the American farm family nor a grave threat. We drove all kinds of vehicles at a young age. Did that teach us to be hard-working? Decent? Was there something in that tractor-driving that made us who we are as a nation? I’m guessing no.

I do know this: A teenager in my town died in a tractor accident on his family farm. Another almost died when he was buried in corn silage. During the 1990s, around 70 teenagers died every year doing farm work. Most of those deaths involved younger teens and heavy equipment.

Maybe that’s just the price of freedom. I mean, it’s not really that many kids.

Manure deep in farm child-labor debate - Spokesman.com - April 27, 2012

They call it 'smart money' for a reason. These people are certainly not dumb, protection of you political sacred cow, not withstanding.

First, admit your post supports my contention 110%.

WTF are you talking about? You posted an ancient poll. I posted a far more recent one that tells a completely different story.

Get an education. It's clearly not a prerequisite for you flapping your keyboard's gums and posting smileys.

They call it 'smart money' for a reason. These people are certainly not dumb, protection of you political sacred cow, not withstanding.

Smart enough to fail?
We should not have bailed them out.
If they were so smart they would not have gotten their companys into such a shape.

I do not think someone is smart just because of the position they happen to occupy.

For instance do you think Obama is smart?
Reid?
Pelosi?
Kenneth Lay?

Last edited:
Do you actually believe America can survive and thrive when our investment community views Obama as an anti-business Marxist waiting to punish their every success?

Please get a clue. Businesses expand when they believe they can make more money by doing so. In order to do so, they need more demand for their products or services.

I'll attempt to dumb it down for you. We are talking about meeting such 'demand' with domestic investment and jobs.

That won't be done while the smart money waits on the sidelines in fear of the next shoe to drop from der Leader.

Sniper, anything you say is dumbed down.

Smart enough to fail?
We should not have bailed them out.

You are obfuscating.

The fact remains that our wealth and job creators are on the sideline waiting Obama out, and that any reasonable American can see this.

We have no choice but to change horses in November.

Forum List

Back